Sign in to follow this  
dimitrimartin

Is this game still playable for come back players ?

Hi,

I'm back after several months without playing, cause game was... well you know... uninteresting with endless farming on bugged maps.

I see several changes, the main one is that all my stuff is completely out to date. No more frosty, no more hearty.

My 4 classic characters - around 600 -  seem pretty weak now, and especially as a solo player.

I've the feeling that the must have now is the "new" AL ?

With old stuff were useful passives were removed, if I want to play again, am I forced to go back to public NM4 to leech and endlessy farm new gear ? Is this game even still playable with the classic one without perfect gear? In solo ?

Apprentice towers are weak even in NM3 with full tower DPS stuff, traps are weak without frosty, LA is as useless as usual even with tower DPS stuff, so what ?

After 3 or 4 games, I've the feeling that it's pretty unplayable now for me, and that I have to change every piece of gear.

Is there a point ?

no point, game is easier and even more boring then before u left it

wait for strategic revamp and come back after that

It seems you are clueless about the game.... try to dig a bit deeper to find fun in this game. Cause it is there ... waiting for anyone really interested. It takes time.... you may like it or not :D

You just seem like you want to hate the game. I have no clue where you came up with the idea that the OG4 are useless.  Just off the top of my head..

lightning aura + geyser 

ballista + earthshatter

serenity aura + poison dart

heavy cannonball + training dummy

Those are just combos that work in nm4 that I thought of in 5 seconds, add in frost towers / blockades and you're fine. The game is under 4 gigs, just DL it and play an hour. Be positive going in, not negative.

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/136968/

I made a list of each tower and their rating for how good they are. 
Game right now is just Farm for high level gear with Defense power/Defense Crit dmg with crit  chance gear for towers (def health for blockades), then go GunWitch for DPS character.
AL archers are the best right now cause they can shoot in 2 directions at once.  And his gear comes with +10% archer dmg with all gear 10% (except wep) you will do more dps then most towers if not all.

Only reason too come back would be to do dailys to farm medals. Daily are much more easy and fast to do.

I've recently come back and was heading to get AL.  Having some fun and making some progress with 'core 4' but nothing is UBER in our lineup.  Happy to give it a go with you if you'd like, I'm also keying on getting medals and adding variety to my lineup (besides some alternate builds on my core 4, e.g. squire builder + squire dps).  Not sure if I would get Gun Witch or EV 2nd but I agree, it does seem you really want AL first unless I am missing something.

Harsh reality that applies to all games ever - Only a small group of players will love the game so much that they'll be playing it for most of the game's lifecycle. The rest of us will burn out, take breaks, quit, come back, etc no matter what the devs do.

The game is totally playable and a ton of fun for a good chunk of it. It currently stagnates a bit once you're at end game, but they're still working on balance, enemy AI, etc and churning out new maps and challenges.

If you like the game, there's no real reason to bail on it yet. Just be like the rest of us and share your aggressive opinions every time they release a new patch. They secretly love it.

@Chedeuine quote:

You just seem like you want to hate the game. I have no clue where you came up with the idea that the OG4 are useless.  Just off the top of my head..

lightning aura + geyser 

ballista + earthshatter

serenity aura + poison dart

heavy cannonball + training dummy

Those are just combos that work in nm4 that I thought of in 5 seconds, add in frost towers / blockades and you're fine. The game is under 4 gigs, just DL it and play an hour. Be positive going in, not negative.

- Hmm, maybe I'm just that far out of the loop, but how do the 2nd and 4th lines of defense pair work together? -- LA + Geyser makes sense with the chance to shock, and Purge Evil Serenties + Poison Dart Explosion makes sense as all-out AoE, but what combo opportunities are there with the Ballista & Earthshatter and the Heavy Cannonball & Training Dummy?

You'll get a few hours of enjoyment with the new maps and incursions. Beyond that though, I also echo the words of several others here in waiting for the strategic revamp. That patch is going to ultimately decide the fate of DD2.

@MamaTata quote:

It seems you are clueless about the game.... try to dig a bit deeper to find fun in this game. Cause it is there ... waiting for anyone really interested. It takes time.... you may like it or not :D

Ooooorr they could go play a game that is fun right from the start without having to slog through bad design in order to find a morsel of fun? Then they can come back after Trendy gets their crap together and properly enjoy the game.

Many of us forget that any experience depends upon the standpoint of that particular viewer..... so for some it could be boring and for some it could totally different, aka enjoyment. Try to move away from "herd" objectivism  and experience for your self monk_small.png

Ummm, if I just came back and could no longer solo nm4, that's all the reason  I need to start back; challenge accepted. Up to you tho, I personally would welcome any challenge good or bad. Although some is monotonous breaking nm4 for you would be all I would see.

@Zkurcrow quote:

Ummm, if I just came back and could no longer solo nm4, that's all the reason  I need to start back; challenge accepted. Up to you tho, I personally would welcome any challenge good or bad. Although some is monotonous breaking nm4 for you would be all I would see.

Exactly.  It's completely doable.  You just have to what everyone else did when they were at 600....  continue playing at the level you can, team up, farm new gear, etc.  

Honestly, it shouldn't take you too long to get some 700ish gear.

Personally been building with only the original 4 before the nerf.  I chose to because is more fun that way.  The archer and pb is still kinda op.  It was actually a challenge to figure out news(ish) builds to counter the flying kobolds Bombers.  Very doable.

Hey buddy what's this strategy revamp

@gigazelle quote:

You'll get a few hours of enjoyment with the new maps and incursions. Beyond that though, I also echo the words of several others here in waiting for the strategic revamp. That patch is going to ultimately decide the fate of DD2.

@MamaTata quote:

Ooooorr they could go play a game that is fun right from the start without having to slog through bad design in order to find a morsel of fun? Then they can come back after Trendy gets their crap together and properly enjoy the game.

The first new enemy should come with the Molten Citadel if I am reading things right. The Orc with the mini Colossus fissure attack, I hope the Orc has sufficient health and aggression to use the attack before it gets nuked, and that it will target defences as well as heroes as soon as they come in range.