Sign in to follow this  
EagleOne

Any plan of a comeback for Hero Info at pause menu?

Annoyed. Frustrated. Desperate. A meh session.

The vets will known that we once had access to Hero Info through the pause menu. It got removed due to a glitch. I'm wondering if there is any plan to get it back where it has to be? Not so much of an annoyance for whose who play private with friends or alone but extremely annoying for people like me who are playing public most if not all of the time.

To avoid a comeback of the glitch, you could just remove the ability to inspect a player by using the hotkeys (default: I, F and respectively the Xbox controls). Instead having access to Hero Info just through the pause menu. There is no need to high-frequently check our own stats nor anyone likes to actually hunt players through the Build Phase just to get an idea about their equipment. That's a major quality-of-life change for whose who actually care about other people stuff, who needs/wants to know if people are properly suited or running around with hacks.

Feel free to discuss this :)

         a simplified poll                                                                                                      

If you like having access to Hero Info just through the pause menu please like this post.

it was removed cuz the items got stolen back in the days but thats not a problem anymore .

and i agree 100% i play alot of public match and i find it hard to check players by going to them and press F i will Great to add that feature agine were you can check them using the pause menu .

Easier to Find hackers so we can kick them right away !! 

I liked the post as I would like it back.

However, not at the cost of risking the old glitch.

If it is possible to do it safely - A big yes

If it is not possible to do it safely - A big no

@mkjo quote:However, not at the cost of risking the old glitch.

Yay, there was an issue while simultaneously calling the menus, therefore the functionality to open the menu with hotkeys should be removed.

I love to see many players are sharing my thoughts.

@EagleOne quote:

Yay, there was an issue while simultaneously calling the menus, therefore the functionality to open the menu with hotkeys should be removed.

That was one way of accessing it. Lets just say I wouldn't be happy with just removing components required for the route the community knows about. A return of the pause menu button is on the radar, but if the functionality is reenabled it will be done without removal of other functionality unless there is an absolute need to do so (1: that'll just tick someone else off; 2: we shouldn't have to).

Looking forward to it, it seems the community wouldn't mind about removed hotkeys when the button is back at pause menu (20:0). If keeping the hotkeys requires a long testing period, or like mkjo said there is a chance of a comeback of item stealing then just strike them.

The hotkeys could be added back at a later time when the CDT has done all the required testing and is certainly sure to prevent said bug.

any news on this one? way more important to me than balancing towers and what not :)

25vs1... just remove the hotkeys to avoid simultaneously called menus  :)

You can also set the Hero Info Hotkey to the actual hotkey bar(0 - 9). Also accessing it via the Action Wheel isn't too hard considering there are plenty of players who still use Action Wheel to summon defenses, sell defenses etc. Just take 3 clicks than pressing 1, not much of a deal breaker compared to running around players to press F on them.

I don't like running around towards people to check their gear. The hero info from pause menu was one of the best features in the game. Assuming whatever bug related to this is patched out, this should really be brought in.

@Black Mamba quote:

You can also set the Hero Info Hotkey to the actual hotkey bar(0 - 9). Also accessing it via the Action Wheel isn't too hard considering there are plenty of players who still use Action Wheel to summon defenses, sell defenses etc. Just take 3 clicks than pressing 1, not much of a deal breaker compared to running around players to press F on them.

I don't like running around towards people to check their gear. The hero info from pause menu was one of the best features in the game. Assuming whatever bug related to this is patched out, this should really be brought in.

Agreed 

Not sure if acen or any of the CDT mentioned it though

I don't know but players are running around all the times. These silly hunts have to end. Period. Regardless if you are able to set "Show Info" (default: F) to the hotkey bar, action wheel, RMB and whatnot. Not only one time I've equipped any ***ty floor item just because I have to hunt them through the map. Also it is annoying to always have to write them to stop. It doesn't annoys only the host but also the clients themselves. Last but not least a time waster.

The suggestion of removing the hotkeys or doing whatever to them has already been adressed as an incomplete fix:

@CrzyRndm quote:

@EagleOne quote:

That was one way of accessing it. Lets just say I wouldn't be happy with just removing components required for the route the community knows about.

Do you honestly want them to do what you're telling them to right now, so people's stuff will be getting stolen again in like a month after that update, or do you think it's a better idea to just trust one of the devs and wait for a better solution? Be patient, I don't think bringing a button back is at the top of the priority list.

@bergzwerver quote:

The suggestion of removing the hotkeys or doing whatever to them has already been adressed as an incomplete fix:

@CrzyRndm quote:

@EagleOne quote:

That was one way of accessing it. Lets just say I wouldn't be happy with just removing components required for the route the community knows about.

Do you honestly want them to do what you're telling them to right now, so people's stuff will be getting stolen again in like a month after that update, or do you think it's a better idea to just trust one of the devs and wait for a better solution? Be patient, I don't think bringing a button back is at the top of the priority list.

Missing common sense... Obviously I don't want a "return" of the stealing glitch BUT current solutions is as good as just adding back Hero Info at the pause menu while removing the hotkeys. That's exactly what Trendy has done. Preventing a second menu call.

It happens because the menu handler includes sloppy code. As crzy mentioned there are still existing ways to exploit the game regarding this matter. So the change I've requested and many people agreed to doesn't have an actual effect other than a major quality-of-life change for whose who play public. [There would be also ways to ban people automatically for using/creating hacked gear. The formulas are well-known inside the IC team and also for people with some scripting knowledge. Whatsoever back to topic... ] crzy is talking about a real fix of the issue rather than just removing the possibility to call the menu handler twice or more. It should be definitely fixed but for the time it takes the CDT to actually fix the issue we should have the easier way to access the hero info menu.

You may discuss this because the issue isn't that obvious to you since you seem to play more privately with friends and/or doesn't check frequently strangers.

___

About: "Be patient, I don't think bringing a button back is at the top of the priority list."

As you see this is highly wanted by the community. If this hasn't a high priority then I don't know why the CDT exists in first place. This should be at top of the priority list rather than a change like golden enemies [now reverted, thanks god] nobody has requested at all here at the forums. After all I've offered my help a few times now, sadly a few members of the CDT would quit according to steam chat messages -.-

@EagleOne quote:
-snip-

What he said is that by simply removing the hotkeys, and reintroducing the menu button, you would bring back the stealing glitch. The menu button was removed over hotkeys for a reason. There is more ways to access this glitch, without using hotkeys but with the menu button. Just because the community only knew about doing it with hotkeys, doesn't mean that the menu button is safe without hotkeys.

Your suggested hotfix would, without further changes, inevitably reintroduce the stealing glitch.

And yes, I practically spend all my DD time testing in the beta at this point, so no PuGs for me. But the point I'm trying to make is not for my personal gain. What I want to prevent from happening by introducing your hotfix (return of the stealing glitch) wouldn't affect me either. I'm arguing for the health of the game, not my personal playing experience. Directing every discussion towards the steam account of whoever disagrees with you does not help you prove a point. You can't disregard people's opinions just because you think a change wouldn't affect them.