Sign in to follow this  
Whyyme

Multiple heros

My goal is to have 31 (24 towers +7 Dps characters)

And when i talk to ppl in game everyone thinks its a Rather unintelligent idea, personally i dislike wasting good gear, and since i cant get inv bags with Defenders metals the next best thing is to make one hero Per tower and considering we get what a minimum of 300 defenders metals a day and 400? from weekly that 2,500 defenders metals a week for not playing very long at all every week you can have another level 50 which only takes what 16 runs of harb normal to level to 50.  Sure most of those character will probably be useless in terms of late game, but with the current Flux of Re-balancing (Nerf/Buffs) I'd still like to be able to do nm4 content....

The current hero deck system doesn't bother me at all

Anyhow I'm currently at 3 Squires 2 Huntress 2 monks 2 app 2 ev2s 2 ALs 1 Gunwitch

i Do Understand that i will only really need One Waller 1 DPS and 1 Really good tower builder to do most maps currently

*Edit

it would take 54,000 Defenders metals to buy 27 slots for a total of 31 heroes that's 21.6(22) weeks of Just dailys that counting the whatever you earn from playing the game

Currently i need 36,000 metals(18 slots or so not at home) that's14.4(15 weeks) i have most of the spheres so no other Use for Defenders metals for me anyhow

It is extremely rather unintelligent idea. Not only will switching to the "absolutely perfect hero for this situation" triple the time it takes you to set up, really resulting in a net loss of 'good items' to waste, it's completely unnecessary.

Good gear makes towers strong, you don't need to have a hero for every tower if a couple towers can cover everything. If you have enough free time to farm out 300,000 medals then maybe your time is better spent on doing something more lucrative. 

It aint, it is for saving time to have many heroes for each situation you would like [[68108,users]] 

So you don't need to switch gear if you want to test or play with a different build.

So you don't need to respec everytime the stats to optimise the tower you want to use.

So you don't need to switch everytime the pets.

So you don't need to switch everytime the spheres to fit.

There are alot of benefits to have enough heroes for a few builds / dps.

It's good to have multiple heroes for multiple builds. But you don't need to have 1 hero for each defenses cause you can have a hero that can build 2 towers without neglecting one of both while gearing.

For example: 

- Mage that can build flameburst/flamethrower/earthshatter: Only need DP/DCD set with pyromania/vector/DCC.

- Monk could build SA/boost aura: only DP with radiance on helm/chest/boots, rad/karma/zen on gloves and rad/idle/empowerement on relic.

Now, an advantage of spliting defenses on heroes is that it is easier to gear (don't need to look for a roll with all good passives). 

I'd say do whatever you want. 

It would be more efficient to have heroes perform double duty on defenses, though.

Along with what [[80133,users]] said, a second monk could cover Lightning Auras and Skyguards. The only passives that really affect Skyguards are defense crit chance (which lightning aura's would want) and vector correction (which isn't really all that necessary)

@MushroomCake28 quote:

It's good to have multiple heroes for multiple builds. But you don't need to have 1 hero for each defenses cause you can have a hero that can build 2 towers without neglecting one of both while gearing.

For example: 

- Mage that can build flameburst/flamethrower/earthshatter: Only need DP/DCD set with pyromania/vector/DCC.

- Monk could build SA/boost aura: only DP with radiance on helm/chest/boots, rad/karma/zen on gloves and rad/idle/empowerement on relic.

Now, an advantage of spliting defenses on heroes is that it is easier to gear (don't need to look for a roll with all good passives). 

Although your examples works gear wise, they don't at all when it comes to spheres. On the mage you will have to choose which spheres to sacrifice like 25% for extra 40% flame dmg, or 15% earthshatter to knock up enemies. If you intend to use both the towers to their full potential you can't do it with just 1 hero. Monk has the same issue with calm/sa range/blockade boost. If trendy intends to adjust the old heros to the new 4 large spheres this might work, if they don't well we're going stay in the mess we are now. This is why I think the passive system along with the spheres right now are quite terrible, because you are forced to build a hero for a specific tower, otherwise the difference in tower effectiveness is usually too big for end game.

@stormreaper quote:

@MushroomCake28 quote:

For example: 

Although your examples works gear wise, they don't at all when it comes to spheres. On the mage you will have to choose which spheres to sacrifice like 25% for extra 40% flame dmg, or 15% earthshatter to knock up enemies. If you intend to use both the towers to their full potential you can't do it with just 1 hero. Monk has the same issue with calm/sa range/blockade boost. If trendy intends to adjust the old heros to the new 4 large spheres this might work, if they don't well we're going stay in the mess we are now. This is why I think the passive system along with the spheres right now are quite terrible, because you are forced to build a hero for a specific tower, otherwise the difference in tower effectiveness is usually too big for end game.

Blockade Boost isn't all that great. It's also very situational. That situation being that you aren't geared all that great for the content you are doing.

Calm vs +range/-hp is basically which you want. They also affect the same defense, so unless you are suggesting making two serenity monks it doesn't really work for the point you are making.

@Soulstiger quote:

@stormreaper quote:

@MushroomCake28 quote:

For example: 

Blockade Boost isn't all that great. It's also very situational. That situation being that you aren't geared all that great for the content you are doing.

Calm vs +range/-hp is basically which you want. They also affect the same defense, so unless you are suggesting making two serenity monks it doesn't really work for the point you are making.

Yeh, those examples are very situational and in the current meta I doubt many people even make a choice, but back when content was hard I remember having to use all 3 on griblock when gearing or throne room when even geared, because it was actually hard! I suspect we might be using them again when content is hard after the revamp. But my point was that just stacking the same stats doesn't always work if you want to use the defenses fully.

Actually, his idea, although overkill is incredibly smart in the long run. 

It is overkill since you probably only need at most 2 builders and 1 dpser to be optimal. However, with these conditions, you don't need to swap around gear, blow stash space (especially if you weren't around in Pre-Alpha and/or bought extra Premium bags) and swap around your SAS and pets each time. All you would need to do is swap cards out. Getting gear is also not a problem since you can consume most of your Hero Deck slots with the same type of hero to improve the chances of getting loot for that hero, even if you don't use it. For instance, I am leveling an Apprentice right now who will eventually do Flamethrowers/Earthshatter. I have my current all around and DPS Apprentices on the card while I find gear for the Gunwitch (who is active).

You would just need to amass the Medals for Pet Candy and Cards, which isn't too bad if your Daily luck is good and you do the weekly. But it may make getting the new heroes a bit slower unless you play a lot.

@Chedeuine quote:

It is extremely rather unintelligent idea. Not only will switching to the "absolutely perfect hero for this situation" triple the time it takes you to set up, really resulting in a net loss of 'good items' to waste, it's completely unnecessary.

Good gear makes towers strong, you don't need to have a hero for every tower if a couple towers can cover everything. If you have enough free time to farm out 300,000 medals then maybe your time is better spent on doing something more lucrative. 

@ChrisH36 quote:

It is overkill since you probably only need at most 2 builders and 1 dpser to be optimal. However, with these conditions, you don't need to swap around gear, blow stash space (especially if you weren't around in Pre-Alpha and/or bought extra Premium bags) and swap around your SAS and pets each time. All you would need to do is swap cards out. Getting gear is also not a problem since you can consume most of your Hero Deck slots with the same type of hero to improve the chances of getting loot for that hero, even if you don't use it. For instance, I am leveling an Apprentice right now who will eventually do Flamethrowers/Earthshatter. I have my current all around and DPS Apprentices on the card while I find gear for the Gunwitch (who is active).

You would just need to amass the Medals for Pet Candy and Cards, which isn't too bad if your Daily luck is good and you do the weekly. But it may make getting the new heroes a bit slower unless you play a lot.

You know you can just remove the other heroes in your hero deck, so you just have the apprentice and all the drops will be rolled for them? 

I'm not even going to explain why the idea is ridiculous, but more people to him if he wants to try. 

I don't see a problem with it, is what i like to do.

There very few (there are some as mushroom stated tho), but very few where you can get the full potential out of a hero by going hybrid.

I say if you got the time to grind all the heroes instead of deleting good gear due to bag space (my reason for doing it) then do it...so what

@Chedeuine quote:

@ChrisH36 quote:

You know you can just remove the other heroes in your hero deck, so you just have the apprentice and all the drops will be rolled for them? 

I'm not even going to explain why the idea is ridiculous, but more people to him if he wants to try. 

I'm pretty sure you already tried explaining it further up in the thread... :

@Chedeuine quote:

P.S. if you do the dailies / weeklies when they come up, spending 2K Def. Medals for a new character slot really isn't that bad (it's one of the few def. medal pricings that I actually think is a very good value for what you spend). Usually, you have enough to buy a new character slot as soon as you're done leveling up your most recently-made character to 50 (at least for me -- Perhaps some people who play a lot more would have to wait for dailies to reset in between leveling characters, but it's still not as bad as you made it sound imo)

@Chedeuine quote:

@ChrisH36 quote:

Yeah well, Frostbites get broken at times and my DPS Apprentice can do 2.5M damage with Mana Bomb when I need it. I also then have to press a simple function key just to swap out instead of inventory and card modify. Also, you do realize that you get 35% bonus experience for every level 50 hero you have in your deck!? Didn't think so.

You also explained it earlier and I think you are wrong. For instance, what if he wants to use both Blaze Balloons and PDT on his Huntress? He can't have both bows active and Volatile Schematics and Vector Corrector work separately. Or what if he wants to have an Apprentice for walls and Frostbites and another for Flamethrowers and Earthshatters. Sure, he could balance the towers, but then he would have walls that won't stand up to punishment like they should and his tower attacks won't be as effective. Not to mention he would have to once again pick and choose weapons.

Time is also not an issue if he has fun doing it. Plus, it would only run him ~40000 Medals to purchase all the cards he needed to pull it off at this time (in terms of builders), not 300k.

I just think that 1 hero per tower type is overkill when all you really need at best is 1-2 builder/1 dpser per class.

Yeah, the alleged grind to get the slots is really exaggerated in that post. I found myself buying slots simply to not hit the cap and lose out on medals. I've since then swapped to buying keys and affection boosters, though. Because I had gotten to my third page of cards.

Really, you don't need 4 of each, since a lot of build items compound unless you want specific spheres which often don't make enough of a difference.   I determined that I want to have a hero for each current build set (i.e. Blaze balloon huntress,  poison tower huntress). Along with apps version.