Sign in to follow this  
VincentX3

Congrats to Trendy on the patch. Feedback thread~

Before anything, I just want to say to the design team that they did a really good job on various things in this patch, I'll explain what I mean in a moment.

• Main Topic
The challenge of the map is actually really good, opinions and experiences will be different of course, but I played with around 5 different teams of people and we managed to win each time. Without archer's even as long as everyone knew what role too play and what lane to cover.

(Ex: I was covering each lanes with Squire barricades while another was placing towers behind them, the other 2 we're mostly using DPS char's)

It was hectic sure, but also really satifising when you finally win while being swarmed on all sides and having to decide with char to bring out. To DPS for quick kills or actually cover lanes with towers? It was generally a fun time and I even added some people on steam for later on.

• Positives:
  1. The map & challenge in general was really good, with the correct team it makes for a fun time.
  2. The weapon reward. I don't see myself using it, but it was fun to try out and I'm sure Monk DPS players will find use for it.
  3. EV Mark3 animations, while simple are really cool! The fact that she turns into a morph-ball when spawning and also dies in morph-ball form was fun to watch, I was actually surprised about that detail.
  4. Archer Nerf. While I don't really want to discuss this in this thread and I was against the nerf in general, I can see why it was done and it was actually the 1st nerf done in a proper way. While Damage in general goes down at least it has a bigger angle to compensate. At the very least you didn't nerf it to the ground.
  5. Bigger server browser and daily count. Was nice to see bigger icons.
  6. Ramster cost's 50 DU now.
  • Negatives:
  1. Ramster still feels underpowered, for having a 50 DU cost. Even with my ipwr 730 Abyss Lord and full Tower Damage it only deals around 9k or so DPS on a normal hit (Not Breath special)
  2. Ramster is also slower now, why? It was already pretty slow before and not that powerful. The speed should have stayed the same in my opinion.
  3. The EV Proton Beam and Reflect Beams crit nerf was a bit harsh. This is what I mean when you guy's go overboard at times. It doesn't feel as balanced or powerful as it should.
  4. THE LAG. While this one I'm sure it will get fixed since server issue's are a thing, it was pretty horrendous. The entire team was freezing around 3-4 seconds at the same time, I even confirmed it with the rest of the team. 
  5. Squire Balista DU from 50 -> 60. Another that I don't really agree with. The cost was fine for what it was, that extra 10 DU make's it too expensive to place in some maps.

• Other/Random
  1. The Mark3 Costume. For the 1200 Gem's that it cost's and not a single alternate piece. It's kinda pricey when you're going to look the same as everyone else with that costume.
  2. The head design of the Mark3. While this is just my own opinion on it. Some people may like it even, but the head piece is kinda ugly or oversimplified. It was much better looking in the 1st game.
  3. Having yet another counter in the challenge map. While I hate counter's in general, this one makes sense at the very least, you want to be building fast and keeping the speed up between waves and not waiting for everyone to G up.

I'm probably forgetting some things, but overall it was a really good patch with a decent challenge to boot. While not everything was perfect and I'm sure a lot of people will disagree or be unhappy with some things, I just wanted to let you guy's know that for the few hours I played It was enjoyable minus the server issue's.

So kudos [[4370,users]] [[63962,users]]

i lost my dps EV.. -_-

Was gonna try the new challenge map, went in to hero deck to edit it for only summoner and gunwitch.. "X" out my dps EV and suddenly gone

http://imgur.com/16FHFYK

the lord is now just poorwhich the distance which has been weakened okbut the speed of the towers was to reduce too muchmy towers lose dps over 80k dmg with 720 IPWRso I can not make high waves in endless mode and so is the lord useless and I and my friends will uninstall the game

@TOSFORFAEN quote:

i lost my dps EV.. -_-

Not exactly.

@iamisom quote:

Design team is looking into EV2 Proton Beam crit damage/base damage and the Poison Dart Tower cap. Thanks for the feedback!

It'll probably be patched back in.

@VincentX3 quote:

@TOSFORFAEN quote:

i lost my dps EV.. -_-

Not exactly.

@iamisom quote:

Design team is looking into EV2 Proton Beam crit damage/base damage and the Poison Dart Tower cap. Thanks for the feedback!

It'll probably be patched back in.

Nah she's gone from my hero list

@TOSFORFAEN quote:

Was gonna try the new challenge map, went in to hero deck to edit it for only summoner and gunwitch.. "X" out my dps EV and suddenly gone

16FHFYK

http://imgur.com/16FHFYK

Oh, then yea. That's a really bad bug. You need to email Trendy so they can restore it for you.
[[4370,users]] can tell you who to email for cases like that.

@Ducady quote:

the lord is now just poorwhich the distance which has been weakened okbut the speed of the towers was to reduce too muchmy towers lose dps over 80k dmg with 720 IPWRso I can not make high waves in endless mode and so is the lord useless and I and my friends will uninstall the game

Just because you can't spam archers anymore doesn't mean you can't play maps anymore.

I never used them (although I got a 710ish iPwr AL) and still made it through my maps with a tad bit of creativity :D

And the AL isn't quite, you can build Ramsters, some weird Orc Blockades or use the Archers as intended :D

ramster make no more dmg look the rate from ramster AL is no more tower god

the Bow on def make more as the AL and that is *** realy

Thanks for the feedback! I loved the list of pros and cons and your constructive thoughts on each bullet point. Super helpful! 

I'm excited to use the weapon for my monk dps character.  I also thought the challenge in this level was a step in the right direction.  The 35 seconds is plenty of time for such a small map.  

I would personally like to see more think outside the box challenges. 

I disagree with the Ramster not being good enough, with the steam powered sphere using crit dmg build, it becomes worth using, right now my sphere crits for an extra 21k dmg (lvl5).
It does full dmg to multiple enemies in a large AOE, making its DPS very high if hitting multiple enemies. at lvl 5 its 25k dps if hitting 10 enemies turns into 250k dps. 
I not saying its OP but its not bad to the point where its useless.  It just has more of a specific use which is doing good dmg vs many enemies grouped up at once.

but the rate why nerv the rate of archer and ramster thats not ok

arvher and ramster need backpatch of rate

the dmg nerv ok

range nerv ok but not the rate

Our next map should be place all heroes in a coliseum and there are 4 directions where enemies come out. Enemies being random each wave. Enemies seek out heroes. Just a fun little challenge I was thinking of. Like onslaught enemies get harder each wave. Leaderboard showing the team or player who has reached the highest wave. But unlike onslaught the enemies scale much quicker, like 1.5x more damage and health or speed or armor or some other enemy ability that can scale with each round. :) At the end of the week there are DMs rewarded to the top player, 2 man team, 3 man team, and 4 man team. Sorry it can be a woman team too. I don't wanna sound sexist.

My two cents on the patch (or at least the parts I've had a chance to play with).
  • I like the new map. It's interesting that there's an incursion where defenses are EXPENDABLE without being WORTHLESS. And this is the perfect map FOR this kind of challenge, with plenty of wide open options for players to move and attack and set up while confining the enemies to predictable, immutable paths. Makes the challenge doable solo. It's hectic, but it's fun.
  • I am digging the new Monk weapon's feel. I'm gonna have to level a hero-focused monk now to see how the numbers feel, but the way it works is REALLY COOL.
  • The Ramster buff feels kind of inconsequential. Admittedly, I've basically used Rams exclusively for the steam sphere and lightning auras for CC (which means the attack speed nerf actively HURTS how I'm using Rams), but the numbers just don't seem high enough for me to start using them for damage.
  • The archer nerf also doesn't feel that major either. Admittedly, I'm still doing NM3, but the archers feel fantastically strong. I'm actually really liking the firing arc buff. It cements the archers as the most flexible of the defenses. Solid single target damage across a huge arc, with equipment options to send their DPS into the stratosphere and give a non-inconsequential AoE factor. Still, given that I haven't geared up my builder Squire or Huntress at all, and haven't even LEVELLED a builder Apprentice, I'm just grateful they're still useful: going back to NM2 would have sucked. Thanks for the mercy!

The new weapon while having cool mechanics is useless as a dps weapon, a squire fire sword does literally 4x the damage AOE over this monk weapon. 

Did some testing with hero/ability damage monk new weapon is not viable for dps the drench might be good for slightly slowing down enemies in an electric aura but that's it. 

While flying and using normal attack was about 50-60k dps, normal attacks not flying around the same maybe a little less. Betsy pole arm I have reached around 1.1mil dps (after the nerf) on stationary targets.

@Bone Thrack quote:

Did some testing with hero/ability damage monk new weapon is not viable for dps the drench might be good for slightly slowing down enemies in an electric aura but that's it. 

While flying and using normal attack was about 50-60k dps, normal attacks not flying around the same maybe a little less. Betsy pole arm I have reached around 1.1mil dps (after the nerf) on stationary targets.

I am getting ariynd 44K-49K DPS myslef flying around on Nimbus. Although,  with poison tips and #3 ability, + SA (with hero 25% dmg boost sphere) I can get 300K DPS with the melee use of the new weapon. In the ebnd, I agree that the Betsy Polearm is still more useful as a DPS weapon. But then again...THE MONK CAN NOW FLY ON A NIMBUS!!!!! LOL

The new map is fun with people who don't ignore defenses disappear after 35s and keep on trying to build -.-

Had squire build for 1,5 lanes and mage dps the two lines and two dps on the remaining lane. Worked quite well.

I was lvling my second huntress so I wouldn't need to change vom dps to builder all the time. But the nerf on the pdt was so severe, I'm reconsidering. From 120k down to 30k. That's 1/4 and I don't dare to build NM4 anymore. Yay so let's depend on others once more.

@Onu quote:

@Ducady quote:

Just because you can't spam archers anymore doesn't mean you can't play maps anymore.

I never used them (although I got a 710ish iPwr AL) and still made it through my maps with a tad bit of creativity :D

And the AL isn't quite, you can build Ramsters, some weird Orc Blockades or use the Archers as intended :D

of course onu the slowdog ramster and the low life orcs and colossus you are genius clear by the most challanges this works but not in the endless mode on the high wave count where the best weapons for mage and other classes drop you are a hero realy show me you can handle endless map on nm4 by wave 40+ with your gear this is unbeatable now with this nerf self with a gear over 800 ! and 800 drop in endless wave 50+ ... you know what the problem ?

@pomisdrei quote:

@Onu quote:

@Ducady quote:

of course onu the slowdog ramster and the low life orcs and colossus you are genius clear by the most challanges this works but not in the endless mode on the high wave count where the best weapons for mage and other classes drop you are a hero realy show me you can handle endless map on nm4 by wave 40+ with your gear this is unbeatable now with this nerf self with a gear over 800 ! and 800 drop in endless wave 50+ ... you know what the problem ?

Umm, I think you are fairly misinformed, if I'm reading your post correctly (huuuge assumption on my part). The highest loot obtainable in game is 700 ipwr. Period. No matter what. The only way to get higher is to do the catacombs challenge for a chance at a chest piece dropping which has a chance to roll from anywhere between 700 & 750 ipwr. The bling king incursion (littlehorn valley) gives you this chance with gloves & the bastille incursion does this with helmets. The newest incursion, power surge (on dragonfall bazaar), does this same roll with boots. The max level you can have on a piece of gear when you infuse/enchant it (starting at750 ipwr) is 795 (750 to start + 45 infusion/enchantment levels).

This means there are no pieces of gear (currently) that can drop at 800 ipwr. The way onslaught or "endless" works (at least on nightmare 4 difficulty) is that after round 7 the gear that drops will have an ipwr rating between 690 & 700. This will remain true for ALL rounds thereafter. This means that on round 68 or whatever, when wave 3 comes along you will be able to get gear in the range of 690 to 700 ipwr. Nothing more & nothing less. This is why people like onslaught as a game mode, but hate the time investment you must make to get to this high of a round count.

Also, if you are saying this nerf was too much, then I think you're exaggerating a bit too much. I was able to get to round 137 on onslaught before the recent patch. I'm fairly sure I could get to at least 60 after the oatch using a similar layout. It's just that this time I would have to be more active & dps (when before I could just let the defense towers do all of the work).

The nerf to the Archer towers was excessive.

I went from tier 1 at 40K, down to 30K, that is a 25% nerf on the raw damage numbers.

The devstream stated that the nerf is because we are not using the towers in the niche that Trendy wants us to use them in, so perhaps Trendy wants to play the game for me?

And Elliot, I believed you when you said no nerfs, that you wanted to bring all heroes up to the level of the AL and EV.  I am disappointed that your solution is to call it a 'rebalance'.  Using a different word does not change the reality that you did not keep your commitment to the player base, that you permitted a 25% archer nerf to take place.

@pomisdrei quote:

@Madmanblazing quote:

@pomisdrei quote:

@Onu quote:

@Ducady quote:

Umm, I think you are fairly misinformed, if I'm reading your post correctly (huuuge assumption on my part). The highest loot obtainable in game is 700 ipwr. Period. No matter what. The only way to get higher is to do the catacombs challenge for a chance at a chest piece dropping which has a chance to roll from anywhere between 700 & 750 ipwr. The bling king incursion (littlehorn valley) gives you this chance with gloves & the bastille incursion does this with helmets. The newest incursion, power surge (on dragonfall bazaar), does this same roll with boots. The max level you can have on a piece of gear when you infuse/enchant it (starting at750 ipwr) is 795 (750 to start + 45 infusion/enchantment levels).

This means there are no pieces of gear (currently) that can drop at 800 ipwr. The way onslaught or "endless" works (at least on nightmare 4 difficulty) is that after round 7 the gear that drops will have an ipwr rating between 690 & 700. This will remain true for ALL rounds thereafter. This means that on round 68 or whatever, when wave 3 comes along you will be able to get gear in the range of 690 to 700 ipwr. Nothing more & nothing less. This is why people like onslaught as a game mode, but hate the time investment you must make to get to this high of a round count.

Also, if you are saying this nerf was too much, then I think you're exaggerating a bit too much. I was able to get to round 137 on onslaught before the recent patch. I'm fairly sure I could get to at least 60 after the oatch using a similar layout. It's just that this time I would have to be more active & dps (when before I could just let the defense towers do all of the work).

rofl in onslought (endless mode) you can obtain 800-900 ipwr stuff by wave 50+  with a chance from 1,382954% to your info it give any troops with ipwr 800+ equiptment you must massive spam this mode for it one or two times drop nothing- 1 piece with luck

ps on nm4 and only nm4

pomisdrei, No. Like I said in my previous post, there are no drops of ipwr higher than 700 (750 in 4 special cases/maps). You're flat out wrong. I play in ps4, went up to round (not wave) 137 on onslaught, & all of my drops were between 690 & 700 ipwr.

You have photo proof to backup what you're saying? Stuff that exists from post-wippeageddon/after the ascension patch? Didn't think so...