Sign in to follow this  
Nodnarb

DD2 and PS+

Following paragraph is copy/pasted from the dev stream 61 recap. 

• In the update after the Power Surge update, multiplayer online play will only be accessible to players with an active PlayStation Plus account. If you do not have a PlayStation Plus account, you will still be able to play single player or local co-op online. When Dungeon Defenders II leaves Early Access, all players will regain access to multiplayer online play. To all of our PS4 fans, thanks for playing Dungeon Defenders II in Early Access on PS4. We're excited to continue to get your feedback as we continue to improve the game!
An explanation of this would be nice. Why are we being forced to pay to play a "ftp" game? I'm sure it was Sonys decision, something along the lines of Trendy took wayyyyy to long to move the game out of early access. 

But this begs the question, why are we still in this so called early access? The game is being kept up with pc now, there is no reason why it shouldn't  be ftp now. Other than of course, being money hungry, which is only hurting the playerbase and therefore Trendys pocketbook.

Do you guys even have an eta on when the game will be opened for ftp? Is it gonna take several years?

@Nodnarb quote:

Following paragraph is copy/pasted from the dev stream 61 recap. 

• In the update after the Power Surge update, multiplayer online play will only be accessible to players with an active PlayStation Plus account. If you do not have a PlayStation Plus account, you will still be able to play single player or local co-op online. When Dungeon Defenders II leaves Early Access, all players will regain access to multiplayer online play. To all of our PS4 fans, thanks for playing Dungeon Defenders II in Early Access on PS4. We're excited to continue to get your feedback as we continue to improve the game!
An explanation of this would be nice. Why are we being forced to pay to play a "ftp" game? I'm sure it was Sonys decision, something along the lines of Trendy took wayyyyy to long to move the game out of early access. 

But this begs the question, why are we still in this so called early access? The game is being kept up with pc now, there is no reason why it shouldn't  be ftp now. Other than of course, being money hungry, which is only hurting the playerbase and therefore Trendys pocketbook.

Do you guys even have an eta on when the game will be opened for ftp? Is it gonna take several years?

An explanation would indeed be nice, but at least it will be back to playable for everybody in a few months and is no permanent change.

Yes, we are cought up now with pc, but even the pc version runs still under "early access", and so are we. Especially with some more essential things missing compared to pc version (e.g. trophies, usable inventory,...).

Also i can fully understand them with not yet making the game f2p. When it goes free, everybody will try out this game, and in its current state like 85% would delete it again after a few hours trying, bacause the game is simply not in a state where it can be released now, too many bugs, crashes, things still in development (game browser, UI, strategic revamp,...) or even completely missing by now (e.g. trophies). If you need proof for that, look at the active players statistic of dd2 on steam, they made it f2p, got many new players, and almost immediately lost most of them again. They don't want it to be the same on playstation, you can now call this "money hungry", or you can call this common sense for a company. But by no means this hurts the playerbase like you said. Remember, we currently are not the playerbase, we are just some dd-freaks who willingly payed some extra cash to see a broken version of this game a year earlier than the rest and help them a bit with our feedback. The playerbase is still to come on playstation, and they would destroy their own game if they made it f2p before it's ready now.

The eta is that they want this game to leave early access before the end of this year and with that also make it f2p on playstation.

85% will end up quitting immediately no matter what state the game is in. Thats the nature of ftp. Only a handful of the 1000s of ftp games can boast otherwise. 

Citing the state of the game is just an excuse, and not good one. This game is light years ahead of where pc was when they went free. The "game breaking bugs" are few and far between now, at least in my exp. I've had 3 crashes and 2 instances of 1 ipwr drops, both times of malthius challge btw devs, since I've been back. Top tier triple a titles have released in a worse state than this game is currently in.

My issue is we have already paid to play this game...

Now we have to pay more??

I have PS+... but my son doesn't...

We play together, so no loss there, but we also play with a friend.  So now I get to tell my son that he can't play with us, or bail on my longtime friend and gaming buddy.  Or come up with another 50$$ for PS+ for my son.

I love the game, but with all the bad choices Trendy has made to "balance" the game, and now this, it makes me wonder if sinking more money into this game to support it is a good decision.

@Laurenzo86 quote:

very bad plan free to play with a decrease of players I do not see or gambling policy leads one pay us for testers with chaotic versions imbalance bug and now the PS + made ​​you pay the fee his will be faster us is franchemment done and very upset your choice 

sorry for my English

Knowing PS+ this may just be pressure from PS requiring many of their online interactions to require ps+ (most games that I have had exp with on ps4 online groups require ps+) Hoping to have it back to "normal" soon