NM4 with lvl 1 towers only, no DPS. (pre nerf/Nerf videos)

NERF VIDEO:

Seems with the nerf you can no longer do it with level 1 towers (least not with this setup, but the idea was to mirrior the old build), but you do come close. Had to make blockades lvl 5 to withstand the bosses.

Yeah, I think the archer nerfs terned out pretty nice. Still great, and a lot more balanced. My only two real complains are the range nerf and the unhealthy state of the base damage.

Range, because they've mentioned that they wanted it to kind of fill a sort of seige tower roll that attacks two lanes far apart. I think the range nerf hurts that identity, but not really a big issue.

And I dislike that the +10% archer damage passives were left untouched, because it makes the base damage of the tower terrible now. Its actualy worse than cannons without this passive. Which makes it balanced for end game characters, but a tad bit unhealthy for those that don't have the well farmed passives yet.

@xArcAngel quote:

Yeah, I think the archer nerfs terned out pretty nice. Still great, and a lot more balanced. My only two real complains are the range nerf and the unhealthy state of the base damage.

Range, because they've mentioned that they wanted it to kind of fill a sort of seige tower roll that attacks two lanes far apart. I think the range nerf hurts that identity, but not really a big issue.

And I dislike that the +10% archer damage passives were left untouched, because it makes the base damage of the tower terrible now. Its actualy worse than cannons without this passive. Which makes it balanced for end game characters, but a tad bit unhealthy for those that don't have the well farmed passives yet.

Can't you get 10% on any legendary piece, regardless of ipwr? I am under the impression the passives are only limited by the quality rating of the gear (legendary, mythical, epic, etc.) & not the ipwr (which concerns the stats like DH, DP, etc.)

[[153534,users]]

You are correct, but regardless of difficulty, it takes quite a bit of farming to get all the legendaries you need. And I've heard many of the newer players complain that the archer damage passive never drops for them.

And regardless, I think having the viability of a tower tied to whether or not you have a specific passive to always be a bit of an unhealthy balance point.

@xArcAngel quote:

And regardless, I think having the viability of a tower tied to whether or not you have a specific passive to always be a bit of an unhealthy balance point.

yup.  the inability to re-roll gear or trade for it makes specific passives a terrible idea all around.  in diablo 3 if you couldn't reroll stats to get thorns or crit or sockets people would have rage quit ages ago

compounded RNG is not good design

As far as the archer passive, I've had exactly one legendary piece drop with the passive since the passive adjustment patch. I've also not seen the exploding arrows boost at all, so I have an under powered trinket on. I get lots of orc and colossus health boosts as well as the Ramster damage boost which are useless in my opinion. Either I have extraordinary bad luck (not impossible!) or these are not really random.

And now with this nerf, I must have my fully equipped DPS character out all the time so the majority of the drops are not for a character that I need to farm for.

At least they fixed the dailies so that they are reasonable to do in a day.