Sign in to follow this  
SpiderDanX

To Nerf or Not to Nerf

Here's the deal: 

People are going back and forth about the Dev Log and TrendyEnt 's announcement that they are going to do the exact thing they said in multiple devStreams and 1-2 Dv logs that they said they would NOT do!

Here are one of the times they said as much: https://www.twitch.tv/trendyent/v/60820662  question 35:50ish

As I find other dev streams and dev logs, I will update.

So... Here's what we are gonna do - Let's do an unofficial vote. And see if iamisom and the others will take notice. 

Here are the rules:

1 person/account = 1 vote 

How to vote: 

Respond below with Yes if you want Abyss Lord Archers to be nerfed (note if you want the PDT nerf as well).

Respond below with NO if you do NOT want Archers to get nerfed (Note if you do not want the PDT nerf as well).

Respond below with NUETRAL if you don't care either way.

Please NO DISCUSSION as there are already threads that exist for that purpose. This thread is merely a way for us to do an unofficial vote. We will let this vote see where the community is really at instead of just arguing back and forth with a few members.

Yes for adjusting the values!

But i don't see a reason to talk about it to be honest. Don't see any reason why it is so bashed too. Any change to make the game better is good. It's an alpha and stuff needs to be changed. If no change happens then they could stop develope the game at all. So if they feel something need to be adjusted towards this or later balancing then by all means they should do.

Archers could be fine in my eyes, but PDT which cap at T1 or T2 already definitiv need adjustment, same as proton beams which cap crit at T1.

Yes to adjustements on both Archers and PDT (and protons).

Trendy breaking a promise to improve the game is perfectly fine in my book. This change is way better than no change to archers.

Yes a sensible nerf is needed for both. Just not overboard. And continue buffing the old towers that are severely lacking (LA/LSA/app towers/heavy cannonball/etc etc)

Yes to both, but the nerf has to be done carefully, trendy cant just bomb the stats and expect it to be good to go, like we all know theyve done before. Im for the nerf, if, IF, they do it right with very careful thought put into it.

Yes. This'll open up more strategic builds instead of SPAMARCHERSTHEYRETHEONLYTHINGYOUNEED noobs.

Yes, To both

I mean, I feel its pretty unanimous at this point lol.

So many ppl freaking out balancing the archers out lmao. They've been broken af from day 1. This is a long awaited nerf.

Yes, because the gamedesigners know what they're doing. Deciding what is fun and/or good for the game is almost never a democratic process.

Yes!  Nerf both.  But hopefully not so !much that people stop using them.  Personally, not factoring in the kobolds bomber, building for nm4 with the four original heros is fairly easy.  So TE needs to balance the flying kobolds as well.

The Bombers were changed with the AL intro patch.

I vote for nerf both.

Hopefully they mostly change the gear for archers. If they adjust cost (or lower DPS scaling) so the max-geared archer is just good instead of OP, anyone starting archers will have garbage until they get close to +50% damage and double explode. For the other primary defenses (trap, cannon, LA, flames), the passive bonus is only 15% max so you can get decent DPS without the passives when you start one up. So that might be the good to shoot for reducing all to +3% max.

Not sure on what to change with PDT - so much is going on I am not sure on what the problem is. Just fix the sphere bug and that is it?

Also, if they change gear please please please make sure the gear update is correct before it is released. Hard to change them back after if they are wrong like the squire/mage passive changes :(

Yes.

@Jasbeer quote:

Yes, because the gamedesigners know what they're doing. Deciding what is fun and/or good for the game is almost never a democratic process.

Agreed.. too many cooks and all that.  Granted some ideas are good, and I think they should look into them (like item locks in inventory to prevent selling them)