Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Trendy how about playing your game before releasing patches

If you did that for 5 seconds you would of seen the dps of storm gloves and the tick rate of the Monk weapon. If you played a couple of maps you would of noticed the ipwr 1 bug. If you actually laid down a Proton beam you would of seen the high crit damage.

Now here we have you guys nerfing the once buffed PDT's, because again you never tested them out properly. You had adequate time to balance these you have no excuse.

Now you are nerfing Archers, something you never said you would do. Which as OP they are is a terrible look for you guys. You went the cheap way again, instead of adding challenge to the game through the revamp, you have nerfed existing towers to compensate for the brain dead difficulty your end game is suppose to be.

So what happens when the revamp hits? will you re-buff towers. Maybe when the revamp hits that power would of been actually needed and Archers wouldn't of been so bad. Thus giving you time to buff the existing towers so that they can compete in the revamp.

You guys seem to be clueless.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

If you did that for 5 seconds you would of seen the dps of storm gloves and the tick rate of the Monk weapon. If you played a couple of maps you would of noticed the ipwr 1 bug. If you actually laid down a Proton beam you would of seen the high crit damage.

Now here we have you guys nerfing the once buffed PDT's, because again you never tested them out properly. You had adequate time to balance these you have no excuse.

Now you are nerfing Archers, something you never said you would do. Which as OP they are is a terrible look for you guys. You went the cheap way again, instead of adding challenge to the game through the revamp, you have nerfed existing towers to compensate for the brain dead difficulty your end game is suppose to be.

So what happens when the revamp hits? will you re-buff towers. Maybe when the revamp hits that power would of been actually needed and Archers wouldn't of been so bad. Thus giving you time to buff the existing towers so that they can compete in the revamp.

You guys seem to be clueless.

ikr? they really need to get a good testers team, cus im not sure if they already have one and if they do please FIRE EVERYONE and get a new team...

If they would just use each item/tower they add/buff for 5 mins...
it is pretty easy to tell if it is completely OP or broken.

1 person could do this in 1 day for every item/tower in the game.

And we shouldn't even have to mention or ask for this, it should be FUN to try them all out.
I know it's the first thing I do after a patch hits.

@Shadow 1924 quote:

I would love to see someone from Trendy reply to this thread talking about what OP has brought up. 

+1

You guys keep saying something along the lines of "we want to get it right"

If that's actually true....

Then please, PLEASE, test it.... log onto a pc AND ps4, play the game with your new update, TEST it!

Otherwise it becomes painfully obvious that you really don't care about getting it right.

I loved DD1 on xbox360.... I traded in my xbox1 and bought a ps4 once I found out DD2 was a ps4 exclusive...  I went through all the let downs of playing DD1 on a console and not getting all the content .  I'm extremely excited to be playing DD2 on the ps4, I have spent a lot of money on this game already, and will continue to do so because I love it.... but you guys need to get your act together..... it's one bad move after another.  New bugs, buffs, Nerfs, old bugs and simple necessities that still need to be addressed .

@Stannis Baratheon quote:

ikr? they really need to get a good testers team, cus im not sure if they already have one and if they do please FIRE EVERYONE and get a new team...

Testing Team is superb. The QA teams are focused on playtesting and reporting bugs (fixing bugs is not their job). They have no control over the entire game direction. Trendy's Internal QA, Community's RQA and RPG have done an outstanding job and playing the blame game will not solve this. You say FIRE EVERYONE. I say APPLAUD EVERYONE. So try to be more considerate and get your facts straight. 

Its always been like that. They never test anything on NM4. And ignore the play testers mostly. A little math and a little testing would go a long way >_<

@Pegazul quote:

Its always been like that. They never test anything on NM4. And ignore the play testers mostly. A little math and a little testing would go a long way >_<

All difficulties are tested throughout Trendy and Community testers. Design direction is not entirely QA's role and responsibility. Community testers playtest, report bugs, and provide feedback. I can assure you, play testers are not completely ignored. The valuable feedback provided by the Community and it's testers are a testament and appreciation to some of the positive changes, but still have ways to go (pending revamp).

The community has influence if you make a stand. I don't plan to make an entire list of successful changes brought by the community....but will provide one.

• The past Hero Deck restriction is a perfect example. KnowsNoLimits and many others have advocated a change extension for a long time and never gave up. Trendy finally listened, and provided a hero deck that mostly satisfies both parties.

Pegazul, I agree with you. It feels like you're being ignored, but you are not. We can address the issues and make suggestions on Dungeon Defenders 2, but we can't expect Trendy to always agree with us. We can only try to put faith and promise into the developer's hands on delivering us a good game to enjoy for the ages. Don't ever give up and keep providing feedback no matter how you think Trendy is not listening to you.

I've been around for a long time lol. I was advocating for the hero deck removal for a long time too(among many many other things that did not happen). I'm not saying trendy doesn't take community input. I'm saying they don't actually playtest NM4 with the changes they make. U can tell when they are super hyped in a dev stream about some super overpowered stuff coming out(lol harbinger weapons) and then it comes out and is a total let down. Harbinger patch caused a massive exodus from the game. For this last patch most buffs where nowhere close enough yet a few where completely broken op. Anyone who plays NM4 regularly can spot this stuff in 30 mins.

@Pegazul quote:

I'm saying they don't actually playtest NM4 with the changes they make. U can tell when they are super hyped in a dev stream about some super overpowered stuff coming out(lol harbinger weapons) and then it comes out and is a total let down. Harbinger patch caused a massive exodus from the game.

LOL stupid Carl... :P

It's not just NM4, it's the whole game in general. Best example: carnival. They were actually pretty hyped about it. Turns out it was the worst patch ever got, and it even ruined the game with its wheel.

@Junbao quote:

The community has influence if you make a stand. I don't plan to make an entire list of successful changes brought by the community....but will provide one.

• The past Hero Deck restriction is a perfect example. KnowsNoLimits and many others have advocated a change extension for a long time and never gave up. Trendy finally listened, and provided a hero deck that mostly satisfies both parties.

Well... they do listen... but really rarely, when they don't have a choice. On the HD matter, how did long did we keep telling it was terrible until they removed the hero restriction? At first they went from 3 to 4. Didn't work out. Take another eternity to remove the restriction.

They didn't do it because they listened to our feedback and say "hey, looks like a pretty good idea". It was more like "hmm no, we want to have it our way." and a while later: "Ahh damn, we've ***ed up, we need to remove it cause the community is angry and many are quitting."

@Pegazul quote:

I'm saying they don't actually playtest NM4 with the changes they make. 

There is a reason why I agree and disagree. There is a difference between testing and game direction. I'm only defending the "testing." The direction is another can of worms. I have been wrong many times on game direction so i'm going to hold out until then. 

• Testing: Do the changes work? Yes, but it has some kinks (bugs) that need to be ironed out. 
  • Game Direction: Why did you make this change? The very thing Trendy excites and frustrates me at the same time. The direction could lead to something really great or not.

@Junbao quote:

Testing Team is superb. The QA teams are focused on playtesting and reporting bugs (fixing bugs is not their job). They have no control over the entire game direction. Trendy's Internal QA, Community's RQA and RPG have done an outstanding job and playing the blame game will not solve this. You say FIRE EVERYONE. I say APPLAUD EVERYONE. So try to be more considerate and get your facts straight. 

I think the bug fixing is the biggest problem it seems like they like to ignore bugs and every single update gets worse and worse. Has the mana bug with opening chests at start at the same time not been reported or what? I thought it was a known issue for god knows how long why is it not fixed yet? They have released a hotfix that addressed some of the bugs that came with the recent update, but a few major ones still remain like the falling through map, stuck in loading session for a minute and some others related to party. Are they not getting reported? Are they even being worked on? Seems like a lack of communication from Trendy, the "Known Issues" thread hasn't been updated in several months. And why are patches released with "known issues" in patch notes?! If they are known they should be fixed, there's no point releasing patches that break the game. They just seem to be rushing updates to retain the playerbase.

[[15708,users]], I wish I can give you +10 more likes to your post. One of the biggest no-no's into making a successful product is you never put Quantity over Quality. This release now and fix later system is not cutting it. That system is creating a laundry pile so high, it's impossible to keep up with just one washer and dryer.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@Junbao quote:

Well... they do listen... but really rarely, when they don't have a choice. On the HD matter, how did long did we keep telling it was terrible until they removed the hero restriction? At first they went from 3 to 4. Didn't work out. Take another eternity to remove the restriction.

They didn't do it because they listened to our feedback and say "hey, looks like a pretty good idea". It was more like "hmm no, we want to have it our way." and a while later: "Ahh damn, we've ***ed up, we need to remove it cause the community is angry and many are quitting."

Seems like Trendy is a arogant slimeball sometimes.

@stormreaper quote:

@Junbao quote:

I think the bug fixing is the biggest problem it seems like they like to ignore bugs and every single update gets worse and worse. Has the mana bug with opening chests at start at the same time not been reported or what? I thought it was a known issue for god knows how long why is it not fixed yet? They have released a hotfix that addressed some of the bugs that came with the recent update, but a few major ones still remain like the falling through map, stuck in loading session for a minute and some others related to party. Are they not getting reported? Are they even being worked on? Seems like a lack of communication from Trendy, the "Known Issues" thread hasn't been updated in several months. And why are patches released with "known issues" in patch notes?! If they are known they should be fixed, there's no point releasing patches that break the game. They just seem to be rushing updates to retain the playerbase.

The fact that it took Trendy an entire week to fix the ipwr lv1 gear bug still astonishes me.

Any other game (Ex:Warframe) would have had a fix up and running within 24hrs or less. I mean really, when you have a game about farming gear and the entire gear system gets screwed up yet you do nothing for a week, just... wow.

Given it's a nit-pick at this point, but it goes to show how little they care with "weekly-mostly-bugfixes"

-

But yea, I agree with [[2899,users]]
2016 has been so far mostly Quantity over Quality, so many bugs on top of bugs piling up. It makes even trying out a new hero a gamble half the time.

Of course it's quantity over quality for these guys. Have y'all forgotten that they retrenched a number of staff earlier this year? Less staff = better productivity!

Or so they thought.

@Junbao quote:

@Pegazul quote:

I'm saying they don't actually playtest NM4 with the changes they make. 

There is a reason why I agree and disagree. There is a difference between testing and game direction. I'm only defending the "testing." The direction is another can of worms. I have been wrong many times on game direction so i'm going to hold out until then. 

• Testing: Do the changes work? Yes, but it has some kinks (bugs) that need to be ironed out. 
  • Game Direction: Why did you make this change? The very thing Trendy excites and frustrates me at the same time. The direction could lead to something really great or not.

I think i get what your saying but it just makes no sense. Lets say trendy makes motorcycles instead of games. And they had a genius idea. Lets put square tires on our motorcycles. They test it out and its totally terrible but then do it anyways ? This makes no sense. Either the people at trendy truly think that driving with square tires is better. Or they didn't test drive it at all. Or they paid some one to test it, that person said its terrible, and they assume that person doesn't know what hes talking about.

Under buffing 90% of the towers and completely OP breaking one of them speaks for it self.

Finally to not be totally negative. Trendys rate of patches and new content is pretty amazing compared to most other places. (lol battleborn rip 2016)

@Pegazul quote:

Finally to not be totally negative. Trendys rate of patches and new content is pretty amazing compared to most other places. (lol battleborn rip 2016)

I was really hyped about Battleborn (although I dislike 1st person games) but I grew tired of the bad balancing so I took a break. Now I don't feel like restarting again. DD2 made me take a break too. ...but I miss it. In spite of all the mess Trendy is doing something right while I guess 2K games is a lot bigger.

Don't think they read the forums that much, one big request for many for the past year has been to be able to see DPS numbers over the regular numbers, by either making dps numbers show only when regular numbers disabled in the options or simply making dps numbers always stack on top of regular numbers, or simply have the DPS numbers appear some where else on the screen so not in the way of regular numbers.
A great change that would not be that hard to do. 

If I may, I'd like to interject my thoughts here.

I'm coming up on three years now actively working with Trendy on Dungeon Defenders 2, as well as through the entire lifecycle of DDE. Some trends that I've noted.

• The community's feedback is vastly undervalued. While it is taken into consideration occasionally, Isom and Dani fights tooth and nail to make sure your feedback is heard and not tossed out the window. Both of them have an extremely important but thankless job, and if only you knew just how much they advocate our positions within Trendy, it would make you want to march right up to their front doors and give them a hug.
  • Going along with community feedback, there is a very fine line that Trendy has to walk with community participation. If they commit to fixing something they can't, that would be worse than not replying at all. Since most people at Trendy have other responsibilities than walking on eggshells on the forum, they don't bother. I certainly wished they participated more, but one wrong post and they would get lynched by the community on the spot.
  • Trendy has a timeline, and they stick to it. This is why you see known issues on patch notes - because they found those bugs literally the night before, and did not have time to fix them before they launched the patch. To them, sticking to the release day is of utmost importance (unless of course if you run into issues actually deploying the patch like what happened last week).
  • Trendy's designers tend to paint themselves into a corner quite often. Revamps are how they attempt to get out of it, and based on how many revamps we've had + how many have been tentatively announced just shows you how often this happens. The ipwr/level cap relationship hasn't been addressed either - what ipwr gear will level 51 characters wear? What happens to the progression of ipwr 250-750 gear that only level 50's can use right now? They've painted themselves into a corner here as well, and the only way out is yet another revamp.
  • Everyone works hard, but the content that's worked on provides little additional value. I've had conversations with a lot of employees there, and all of them work their butts off passionately to give us content. I am convinced there is not one individual at Trendy who is not passionate about DD2. As a direct result, there's lots of new content being pumped out regularly. Unfortunately, the content that's being pumped out only provides a couple hours of engaging gameplay. Incursions are fun for a couple hours, but grow stale very fast with it only being on one map and the inability to combine with other incursion elements. New heroes only benefit those who are already playing the game anyway or those few people with deep pockets that see the value of a $15 hero. Things that would benefit everyone across the board (like new enemies) take the backseat.

@LikeThatWhenIGotHere quote:

... 700 ... bugs...

That is half a legit goblin horde wave, gobu :d. Maybe we should join force. Some of these bugs are probably challengjor by now with so much time, gobu. Which means a huge increase of firepower. Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png