Sign in to follow this  
Shadow 1924

Thoughts on the Power Surge update?

@Quellease quote:

PTD was a tower that told the new players not to use beacuse of its dps. It was a long time ago...

And now, with the powerup its finally awoken from a long sleep.

I hope they don't put it back to sleep with new update.

It was nice to being able to complete a nm4 without an AL or EV...

I think that AL's nerf was needed since archers became overly used towers. I'd like to see ramster in use. But other than that, I don't know what AL has other than archers. They are (were) what people get AL for anyway.

Ya PDT was expected but hopfully not back into the dark ages..  Ramster definit needs a buff, I believe LA needs a slight buff as well, But havnt maxed them out to test yet.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Meioh quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

My thoughts are Trendy has lost the ***ing plot and this is a dirty move. Archers and PDT's would of been fine in the revamp, as it's been confirmed projectiles weren't going to hit things 100%. We knew of Dark Mages creating a shield and common goblin trash mobs having shield to ya know block projectiles face on.

I feel sorry for anyone who bought the AL, I really do.

One step forward and 10 steps back.

Your logic would make sense if Archers and PDTs were the only projectile towers in the game. They're not. It makes no sense for 2 towers to remain way above everything else because there's 1 monster that will counter it (along with everything else rofl)

That's exactly why it was planned for every tower to be viable in power of Archers. That was the whole point of the powered up patch. Instead they couldn't even get that right.

My point is they wouldn't be nearly as OP once the revamp hit and not to mention other useless projectile towers like Ballista's could of been matched in power as well in that time. Giving you variety and not forcing a meta.

So instead of bringing other towers inline with them, they chose the easy way out.

Which means 2 things now, enemies aren't going to be buffed in the revamp as once thought or enemies are still weak in the revamp that the only way to compensate for them is to nerf your defenses to add challenge.

Then again why am I surprised? 

Trendy are clueless. This is evident with their crap Diablo 3 blatant rip off Torment system which has kill NM off from being special. Yet they think it's a good idea.

The revamp isn't coming anytime soon though - and neither you or me or anyone else at this point can say wether or not Archers would have been "ok" after it rolled around. The case in point is that they are most certainly NOT ok now wether you compare it to other similar towers or to the power levels needed to beat the game to hell and back right now.

Their only mistake here is not doing this sooner and leading people to believe a tower with ridiculous coverage, DPS and DU cost was a ok for the game and a guideline to buff other towers.

I think all the nerf's are a good move, though they should have added a proton beam nerf two, possibly removing the freeze sphere or just a slight damage drop. It should not be possible for one type of defense to hold an entire lane from a synergistic standpoint. 

Now I do understand that the mana cost is relevant and I have almost no issue with proton beams holding a lane if the costs is the same as lets say 3xLA's 1x wall, 1xSA, 2x Frosty so a total of 200 mana. The only issue I have with that is that one EV2 character is doing what a Squire, Lightning Aura monk, SA monk and Apprentice are doing, so really an EV2 needs a penalty when it comes to using just one character to hold one lane with one building type.

I would have liked to see the following:

A change to LSA sphere

A change to the LSA monk legendary weapon Harbinger's Punch if no LSA fix.

Make the squire heavy cannon ball sphere less of a pain to use, wider arc + shorter range.

A buff to LA

A further buff to Boost Aura or just changing it, I simply find myself never using it as its weaker then using Frosty's. 

More builder weapons that add unique abilities to defenses.

A mana cost reduction to Monk AA

A buff to squire cannons

A Mana cost reduction to Ballista's along with the buff.

Cannot comment for other classes.

Going by the complaints about the archer nerf i always beleived a tower should do their job well archers were ment to be the perfect efficient 2 area clearing single target damage dealer, however their damage was over tuned that i was capable of using them to focus on a single lane if i couldn't find a place to put them, and explosive arrows made me question the existence of the ramster defense. Hopefully this nerf push's away from the towers Universal flexiblity and still maintains enough power to cover 2 lanes when used properly.

Being said they need to save the face identity of other defenses such as Skyguard tower, Which i believe with the nerf to archers we need it to be viable now more then ever. and heck it would be fun to combo with knock-ups.

@Meioh quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Meioh quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

My thoughts are Trendy has lost the ***ing plot and this is a dirty move. Archers and PDT's would of been fine in the revamp, as it's been confirmed projectiles weren't going to hit things 100%. We knew of Dark Mages creating a shield and common goblin trash mobs having shield to ya know block projectiles face on.

I feel sorry for anyone who bought the AL, I really do.

One step forward and 10 steps back.

Your logic would make sense if Archers and PDTs were the only projectile towers in the game. They're not. It makes no sense for 2 towers to remain way above everything else because there's 1 monster that will counter it (along with everything else rofl)

That's exactly why it was planned for every tower to be viable in power of Archers. That was the whole point of the powered up patch. Instead they couldn't even get that right.

My point is they wouldn't be nearly as OP once the revamp hit and not to mention other useless projectile towers like Ballista's could of been matched in power as well in that time. Giving you variety and not forcing a meta.

So instead of bringing other towers inline with them, they chose the easy way out.

Which means 2 things now, enemies aren't going to be buffed in the revamp as once thought or enemies are still weak in the revamp that the only way to compensate for them is to nerf your defenses to add challenge.

Then again why am I surprised? 

Trendy are clueless. This is evident with their crap Diablo 3 blatant rip off Torment system which has kill NM off from being special. Yet they think it's a good idea.

The revamp isn't coming anytime soon though - and neither you or me or anyone else at this point can say wether or not Archers would have been "ok" after it rolled around. The case in point is that they are most certainly NOT ok now wether you compare it to other similar towers or to the power levels needed to beat the game to hell and back right now.

Their only mistake here is not doing this sooner and leading people to believe a tower with ridiculous coverage, DPS and DU cost was a ok for the game and a guideline to buff other towers.

The nerf isn't what I have a problem with. My issue is the bait and switch like others have mentioned. When you go on record to say you are never going to nerf something because it will all make sense with the revamp and then do the total opposite, well you lose trust in people. Especially for the people who bought AL with gems.

Also that's the very issue here, the revamp is god knows how far away still and in the mean time their best solution to challenging you is to nerf your towers on a some what stale game with the same difficulty.

Instead of adding a proper solution to keep you wanting to play.

Anyway it doesn't matter Trendy doesn't give a *** about people who want a real challenge and instead keep adding artificial barriers to make it like the game is buffed.

Hence every boring Incursion with the same time limit aspect. It only made sense to have it in Monsterfest. Then again originality is something else they are clueless about. 

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

... goblins ... having shield to block projectiles face on.

... and i wished i had such adorable goblins in my party. With them i could place them infront of me to block projectiles.

fixed it for you, gobu :d. We found finaly some wood, we are not "trash" anymore. Our time has come gobu!!!! You will see it will be the legendary 1 1/2 hit survive! Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

@dreamanime quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

... and i wished i had such adorable goblins in my party. With them i could place them infront of me to block projectiles.

fixed it for you, gobu :d. We found finaly some wood, we are not "trash" anymore. Our time has come gobu!!!! You will see it will be the legendary 1 1/2 hit survive! Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

LMAO hmmm I don't remember saying it quite like that, but sure we can go with that.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

The nerf isn't what I have a problem with. My issue is the bait and switch like others have mentioned. When you go on record to say you are never going to nerf something because it will all make sense with the revamp and then do the total opposite, well you lose trust in people. Especially for the people who bought AL with gems.

Also that's the very issue here, the revamp is god knows how far away still and in the mean time their best solution to challenging you is to nerf your towers on a some what stale game with the same difficulty.

Anyway it doesn't matter Trendy doesn't give a *** about people who want a real challenge and instead keep adding artificial barriers to make it like the game is buffed.

Hence every boring Incursion with the same time limit aspect. It only made sense to have it in Monsterfest. Then again originality is something else they are clueless about. 

Question: Have they said that anywhere other than on that stream? Because what i hear there exactly is:

"We don't want to nerf him. We want to find out what's really cool and interesting on each of the other 4 heroes and bring them up to his level - that is the current plan."

So to say they went on record to state that they would NEVER be nerfing him seems like a bit of parabole honestly. Now, i don't know if they were bait switching or if they simply didn't realize back then how it's not feasible to bring the rest of the game to the same power levels of the Archers, but the truth remains that it's not.

Bait-switching is certainly bad (even if it's the #1 common practice with most games that release new characters on a regular basis), but from the tone of people here they're actually arguing that the nerf wasn't warranted and using "baitswitch" as an excuse for their argument (not saying that's your case specifically).

Ultimately, it's just really offputting to have a vocal majority on forums complaining about the game's difficulty but then turning around and advocating blatant powercreep as well. Developing new content is the #1 bottleneck for games, it takes a lot of time and money, so trust me when i say they can't just keep throwing that into the garbage can whenever they release a new character. We'd be having this same conversation x months from now basically: The so called enemy revamp rolls out, so does a new character with 1 or more towers that trivialize it completely and we'll be pending YET another "revamp" because people can't stand to see something that's out of line getting reigned in.

On a side note, i have no idea why they decided to discard most of their designs and ideas from DD1 moving onto DD2. Particularly all the mildly convoluted enemies such as Djinns, Sharkens, Spiders, Copters, etc. This so called "enemy revamp" is something that should have been looked at during the game's first couple months - 2 years later is one hell of a long time for this eternal alpha we seem to be stuck in.

@Meioh quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Question: Have they said that anywhere other than on that stream? Because what i hear there exactly is:

"We don't want to nerf him. We want to find out what's really cool and interesting on each of the other 4 heroes and bring them up to his level - that is the current plan."

So to say they went on record to state that they would NEVER be nerfing him seems like a bit of parabole honestly. Now, i don't know if they were bait switching or if they simply didn't realize back then how it's not feasible to bring the rest of the game to the same power levels of the Archers, but the truth remains that it's not.

Bait-switching is certainly bad (even if it's the #1 common practice with most games that release new characters on a regular basis), but from the tone of people here they're actually arguing that the nerf wasn't warranted and using "baitswitch" as an excuse for their argument (not saying that's your case specifically).

Ultimately, it's just really offputting to have a vocal majority on forums complaining about the game's difficulty but then turning around and advocating blatant powercreep as well. Developing new content is the #1 bottleneck for games, it takes a lot of time and money, so trust me when i say they can't just keep throwing that into the garbage can whenever they release a new character. We'd be having this same conversation x months from now basically: The so called enemy revamp rolls out, so does a new character with 1 or more towers that trivialize it completely and we'll be pending YET another "revamp" because people can't stand to see something that's out of line getting reigned in.

On a side note, i have no idea why they decided to discard most of their designs and ideas from DD1 moving onto DD2. Particularly all the mildly convoluted enemies such as Djinns, Sharkens, Spiders, Copters, etc. This so called "enemy revamp" is something that should have been looked at during the game's first couple months - 2 years later is one hell of a long time for this eternal alpha we seem to be stuck in.

They have mentioned it before in the forums and I really cbf to find it, so you can believe me or not on that one. Alot of people were worried they would nerf Abyss Lord and were hesitant in spending gems on him and any medal they acquired. So they wanted to assure people that their purchase would be safe and that the ultimate plan was to buff the 4 existing hero's to the levels of AL and EV2.

Bro do not start me on Sharken.

Trendy like I have said are afraid to add a real challenge to the game. That's most evident when the king of NM isn't in your game. No other enemy has brought such fear and hate in the franchise like Sharken have. At least we had a glimpse of Spiders returning. Djinn are MIA as well.

Then again people want Aquanos and that keeps getting ignored. Probably for the very reason of Sharken returning and destroying little of what the fan base is left. Instead they will do that on their own if they keep making decisions like this one and sticking to what they think works. 

There's nothing wrong with the gear dropping for EV2 & the abyss lord. There are builds for both that use the weirdly combined stats (like def power & ability power make a great direct command abyss lord).

There is something very wrong with AL gear - it doesn't have smart loot. They made smart loot for the initial 4 heroes for a reason - without it the vast majority of gear is stupid useless and it gets frustrating to sort through that many terrible combinations. Which is what the AL gear is now. I'd much rather lower the drop rate then make me sort through 95% of gear that could never be considered useful.

Direct Command is a third class of hero that  needs DP + AP - so you have builder + DPS + Direct Command. But you still have to pick one - you can either build good towers, do good DPS, or do Direct Command. You don't have the stats + sphere space to do more than one. Direct Command has its own set of passives (breath damage, breath range, direct command cost) too that don't make sense for the other classes of ALs.

If you are building towers,  there is no point in getting AP or a slew of passives on the gear as you won't even be fighting when they are used. It's just making getting decent gear harder, and when looking for AL builder gear a lot is just garbage.

For the DPS, all the passives relating to Direct Command could be used, but since it scales mostly with Defense Power the DPS only gets 15% of the damage the true Direct Command AL would get. So you can take that 150k DPS Archer and turn it into a 6k area effect damage? Again, more to sort through and sell.

For the Direct Command AL, you will be fighting but not building. So you need DPS stats and DP, but not other builder stats. DPS passives may help (though you are going to have a good deal less DPS), but all the builder passives are useless. You mainly want those Direct Command passives, and if you aren't using them you are just a underpowered DPS.

Smart loot for AL could be as easy as just including DP in on the DPS gear, or just having 3 types that could drop (builder/DPS/Direct Command). Or maybe add a new AL passive onto DPS gear that gives Defense Power so a real DPS could get a high enough Defense Power stat to use it effectively. But as is, AL gear is just painful to get.

btw - do you have a Direct Command Abyss Lord? Because I have never seen one of them be great, and I tried. Best you can do is probably the ram - you can get about 100k damage stream, but that requires a fixed location 60 DU tower, most of your mana and your time in combat to do. Archers is max 30k area effect, but that is likely less damage than it would have done left alone. An AL just laying down Abyss Stones is a lot more DPS and mobile, and you aren't tying up towers.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

They have mentioned it before in the forums and I really cbf to find it, so you can believe me or not on that one. Alot of people were worried they would nerf Abyss Lord and were hesitant in spending gems on him and any medal they acquired. So they wanted to assure people that their purchase would be safe and that the ultimate plan was to buff the 4 existing hero's to the levels of AL and EV2.

I think there-in lies the problem. People wanted to spend gems on something out of line that would bootyblast every other hero, not simply a "good" character. If they're being sensible about this nerf Archers should still remain a solid tower - just not the anwser to everything.

And yeah idk i've been considering going back to DD1 (specially with CDT2 coming out soon) till said revamp rolls around and see what it's all about.

@Meioh quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I think there-in lies the problem. People wanted to spend gems on something out of line that would bootyblast every other hero, not simply a "good" character. If they're being sensible about this nerf Archers should still remain a solid tower - just not the anwser to everything.

And yeah idk i've been considering going back to DD1 (specially with CDT2 coming out soon) till said revamp rolls around and see what it's all about.

Damn it man you should of quoted our quotes and kept that mofo going. The mods love that type of thing.

Actually the Abyss Lord is a quite solid DPS character, his Orc walls are average and it's nice to see some love given to his ramsters. However you have to wonder how long it will be until they nerf them.

He was never just Archer guy.

Ya know and maybe this all makes sense now, but maybe just maybe his Archers are getting nerfed to bring back the true Summoner. Who will show the Abysmal Lord what it means to summon minions that actually make a difference and not be a one trick pony.

I do love me some summoners. I hated how they kept labeling AL as an 'active defender' when his only interactivity is one costly ability to boost one defense for a very short time, and a movable tower that no one wants him to place because it costs too much or they have their own tower layout already.

He's just another ability DPS or a 'build towers - throw back in closet' character!

Let me explain something....

Option A) Direct archer nerf. Archers loose damage, they quit being the braindead solution that outshines everything (because even if you don't place them properly, which isnt hard, they are easily the most DU efficient tower in the game).

Option B) Indirect archer nerf. Revamp comes, maps get harder, no other tower is up to par but the braindead archer. Still as weak as it'd of been with the direct nerf, but because its still the only tower worthwhile, people aren't complaining.

Guys... I hate to be so rude and harsh... But really?!?!?!

This is the silliest arguement I've ever had to listen to... You aren't even argueing that AL isn't too strong. Y'all are just complaining that the word NERF is comming before Abyss Lord? HE IS EVEN GETTING A BUFF THE SAME PATCH.

Trendy has done several things that have dissapointed me in the past... But they are trying... It is really getting obnoxious that people can't put together logical feedback to their changes. Every time they change something, EVEN WHEN ITS WHAT PEOPLE KEEP BEGGING FOR, someone starts yelling at Trendy...

It's so frustrating...

Frustrating... U did actually read the issues people are having?... It was them mentioned they rather not nerf... Not the actual nerf...  And I'm lost what is this Buff you speak off?  All I see were 2 Nerfs for AL edit nm transfer,which really needed it

Mind that looks to be a few buffs that were definitly needs for Other classes

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

Frustrating... U did actually read the issues people are having?... It was them mentioned they rather not nerf... Not the actual nerf...  And I'm lost what is this Buff you speak off?  All I see were 2 Nerfs for AL

Mind that looks to be a few buffs that were definitly needs for Other classes

The ramsters are getting buffed. I loved the idea of combining them with the lightning auras (with drench sphere), but quickly realized they are out done by the geyser traps

...and then there's this...let's dive right in :-/

@geo981010 quote:

There's nothing wrong with the gear dropping for EV2 & the abyss lord. There are builds for both that use the weirdly combined stats (like def power & ability power make a great direct command abyss lord).

There is something very wrong with AL gear - it doesn't have smart loot. They made smart loot for the initial 4 heroes for a reason - without it the vast majority of gear is stupid useless and it gets frustrating to sort through that many terrible combinations. Which is what the AL gear is now. I'd much rather lower the drop rate then make me sort through 95% of gear that could never be considered useful.

Direct Command is a third class of hero that  needs DP + AP - so you have builder + DPS + Direct Command. But you still have to pick one - you can either build good towers, do good DPS, or do Direct Command. You don't have the stats + sphere space to do more than one. Direct Command has its own set of passives (breath damage, breath range, direct command cost) too that don't make sense for the other classes of ALs.

If you are building towers,  there is no point in getting AP or a slew of passives on the gear as you won't even be fighting when they are used. It's just making getting decent gear harder, and when looking for AL builder gear a lot is just garbage.

For the DPS, all the passives relating to Direct Command could be used, but since it scales mostly with Defense Power the DPS only gets 15% of the damage the true Direct Command AL would get. So you can take that 150k DPS Archer and turn it into a 6k area effect damage? Again, more to sort through and sell.

For the Direct Command AL, you will be fighting but not building. So you need DPS stats and DP, but not other builder stats. DPS passives may help (though you are going to have a good deal less DPS), but all the builder passives are useless. You mainly want those Direct Command passives, and if you aren't using them you are just a underpowered DPS.

Smart loot for AL could be as easy as just including DP in on the DPS gear, or just having 3 types that could drop (builder/DPS/Direct Command). Or maybe add a new AL passive onto DPS gear that gives Defense Power so a real DPS could get a high enough Defense Power stat to use it effectively. But as is, AL gear is just painful to get.

btw - do you have a Direct Command Abyss Lord? Because I have never seen one of them be great, and I tried. Best you can do is probably the ram - you can get about 100k damage stream, but that requires a fixed location 60 DU tower, most of your mana and your time in combat to do. Archers is max 30k area effect, but that is likely less damage than it would have done left alone. An AL just laying down Abyss Stones is a lot more DPS and mobile, and you aren't tying up towers.

95%!? Where'd you come up with that number? This 95% the same for everyone or just you? So when you get 100 pieces of gear you just throw away 95 of them? Huh, odd, I'm pretty sure I kept closer to half of the pieces I got from running onslaught until round 137 a few days ago...

Look, all I was saying is that defense tower building & dps centered characters are not the only way to play this game. To be viable means it can handle the hard maps. It doesn't have to let you win while you afk, just win. There are plenty of builds for both, of that I'm not wrong. Here is a link to the Abyss Lord Active Playstyle forum post discussing different ways to play him. There's one for EV2 as well (EV2 Active Playstyle), although this one doesn't have very much difference in the gear stats (it focuses more on passives).

As for having more than one abyss lord, I was thinking that there may be people who play with a dedicated group of people. Such people would not want to step on one another's toes so they would let one person focus on gearing an abyss lord while another could have a bit more fun & try running a direct command abyss lord (or heck, maybe even run one of these colossus abyss lords that puts down a big hammer wherever he wants whenever he wants).

I can't say I know how everyone else plays this game. I think it's incredibly obnoxious & rude to say the way other people play is wrong because you think you know the correct way to play this game. Wether that means you believe different builds are a waste of time or different gear drops should never be seen.

Edit: let's be honest, you could dps on any character as long as you had a drgonlich handy ;-P

@xArcAngel quote:

Let me explain something....

Option A) Direct archer nerf. Archers loose damage, they quit being the braindead solution that outshines everything (because even if you don't place them properly, which isnt hard, they are easily the most DU efficient tower in the game).

Option B) Indirect archer nerf. Revamp comes, maps get harder, no other tower is up to par but the braindead archer. Still as weak as it'd of been with the direct nerf, but because its still the only tower worthwhile, people aren't complaining.

Guys... I hate to be so rude and harsh... But really?!?!?!

This is the silliest arguement I've ever had to listen to... You aren't even argueing that AL isn't too strong. Y'all are just complaining that the word NERF is comming before Abyss Lord? HE IS EVEN GETTING A BUFF THE SAME PATCH.

Trendy has done several things that have dissapointed me in the past... But they are trying... It is really getting obnoxious that people can't put together logical feedback to their changes. Every time they change something, EVEN WHEN ITS WHAT PEOPLE KEEP BEGGING FOR, someone starts yelling at Trendy...

It's so frustrating...

The nerf for archers would have not happened if the original heroes were actually "up to par" with the new heroes. Trendy probably realised that the "buff" for the original heroes wasn't enough, and hence the nerf for the archers. But here's the problem, the buff in the first place was mean't to be better, cannons and harpoon turrets at least should have been on the same level as archers. What's the point of the nerf when Trendy are planning on making the enemies harder? What I see is that after they nerf the archers, people are going to start farming again for better again, then once the enemies become harder after Trendy does their thing, the archers are going to get buffed again and people will have to farm AGAIN to get better gear. Why does Trendy have to waste time? 

@Shadow 1924 quote:

The nerf for archers would have not happened if the original heroes were actually "up to par" with the new heroes. Trendy probably realised that the "buff" for the original heroes wasn't enough, and hence the nerf for the archers. But here's the problem, the buff in the first place was mean't to be better, cannons and harpoon turrets at least should have been on the same level as archers. What's the point of the nerf when Trendy are planning on making the enemies harder? What I see is that after they nerf the archers, people are going to start farming again for better again, then once the enemies become harder after Trendy does their thing, the archers are going to get buffed again and people will have to farm AGAIN to get better gear. Why does Trendy have to waste time? 

How is anything supposed to have that much DPS, range, coverage, DU cost and not generate aggro?

So assuming the archers are going to be nerfed to a point where there's not point in using them anymore, what's everyone going to result to other than protons?

@Shadow 1924 quote:

So assuming the archers are going to be nerfed to a point where there's not point in using them anymore, what's everyone going to result to other than protons?

Protons are clearing everything out of the spawn, and sometimes boss can get through, in which case you just dps it. As for air, I'll see if archers still do the job (hoping the nerf won't be too intense", if not gg, dps air or spam skyguards (air kobolds usually suicide on protons cause they're dumb, so skyguard might be able to handle the rest).

I'm also wondering why they aren't buffing Explosive Traps in this update. My Elemental Chaos trap's dps is 9403 but my my Explosive traps dps is 2758. This is not friendly to new players...

Having to grind 5k defender medals before traps becomes viable is not the way to get new players excited for the game.

@NicoBruhn quote:

I'm also wondering why they aren't buffing Explosive Traps in this update. My Elemental Chaos trap's dps is 9403 but my my Explosive traps dps is 2758. This is not friendly to new players...

Having to grind 5k defender medals before traps becomes viable is not the way to get new players excited for the game.

It's called an uber sphere for a reason.

And explosive traps are still viable when comboed with frosties and SAs. You just need to pay more attention to the lanes.

Right.... Well :) knew this was coming. Not surprised or pissed. Theres absolutely zero challenge they could EVER incorporate with the current state of towers. 

@--E@T TH3M!-- quote:

@NicoBruhn quote:

It's called an uber sphere for a reason.

And explosive traps are still viable when comboed with frosties and SAs. You just need to pay more attention to the lanes.

- I think both of you make good points! I agree with NicoBruhn that 5K defender medals is far too costly for an Uber sphere (I posted a question in the forum post for the upcoming Devstream, as to whether or Trendy is going to reduce the cost of the Ubers / make them buyable with gold, so we'll see if they respond!), but at the same time, I think an Uber sphere should feel like it's making a difference, like --E@T TH3M!-- said.

- However, now that resistance lanes are gone, I think the Elemental Chaos Trap is a poor design. Before, an Uber that let you change the physical damage of the Explosive Traps to magic damage for the Elem. Chaos Traps was a welcome, and incredibly useful game-mechanic changer (and as far as I know, Trendy's main purpose of the Uber spheres was to introduce a secondary mechanic for a few towers, to give more build options). That being said, in the current status of the game without resistance lanes, the Elem. Chaos Trap is simply nothing but a more powerful Explosive Trap, which is a really lame option for an Uber in my opinion. Again, the Uber spheres should introduce a secondary mechanic for a tower (a mechanic that would hopefully actually have some use, unlike the Heavy Cannonball Turret for example), rather than simply be a better version of the tower they replace.

- I think TE is planning on completely revamping both Uber spheres and secondary-mechanic passives though, so hopefully we'll see some welcome changes in the near future!

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

LMAO hmmm I don't remember saying it quite like that, but sure we can go with that.

ROFLOL!! 

Anyway...I'm not happy about Trendy going back on their word. 

I am looking forward to seeing how the new monk weapon actually works... :-)

The new incursion/challenge ... Will be ...interesting 

Nice to see ramster and harpoons getting some love. Will be interesting to see how much love.

The saloon map....I can't quit figure out what map it is. But, I was hoping the Saloon would be coming to town. :-p