Sign in to follow this  
Shadow 1924

Thoughts on the Power Surge update?

So what does everyone think about the new update? All of a sudden there's a nerf incoming for the archers when I finally get a book that has defense power and explosive arrows, I was looking for one of these for ages lol and now there's a nerf for archers. It's also interesting how the poison darts finally become great to use but now they're just being nerfed. 

The archers' nerf was a must. It was clear it was going to happen. It was just a matter of time. 

What they need to do next is reduce the torpedo damage on the reflect beam and make the reflect beam a lot cheaper. 

So... They are doing the one thing that they SWORE that they wouldn't do in this "balancing"...

Nerfing the AL Archers down. After of course most people have already bought them.  Lovely case of Bait and switch.

Yep, I'm done. Later Trendy .

Putting 1 PDT in a lane and having 90% of all mobs die to it is not balanced, so who did not see that coming?

As for archers, I would say about time. Way better than any other single target tower in the game.(Oops, it also shoots two ways..)

New challenge looks interesting. I'm going to guess we will see a lot of arcane barrier spam being a thing.

Hopefully they don't go overboard and overnerf Archers + PDTs, but we will see.

If they adjust the gear, I really really hope they make triple sure before actually changing all the gear:  all the mage/squire gear got wrong class passives put on them and they also reset all the vars for PS4 players to min(!) and both of these appear to not be going to get fixed. If you have to change gear, make sure it is right. And as others said - if you change archer damage from +8-10% to +2-3% or consolidate to one piece, keep the ratio of the var. So a +10% archer piece would turn into whatever is max percent (if it still exists on that piece) and not just some random value.

It would be nice if they would fix the loot for the AL + EV already too. The gear is so hard to get as they mix builder and DPS passives and stats, so would be nice to at least have that going for us as we try to get ram + new archer gear.

Archer Nerf is going to basically be the main topic here but im actually glad to see the buff to Ramsters i do wish they would have buffed LA a little bit more and perhaps abit more love to Skyguard Tower aswell.

The thing is that defenders will always use the tower/traps that deal the most damage. If instead they instituted a mana/damage ratio that was equal to all tower/traps that would make it more equal I feel. So a 20 mana trap will deal just as much damage as a 20 mana tower.

this game bro......nerfing archers and pdt? pdt ! really? u just buffed it and now u re going to nerf it? and Archers like really? why not protons? oh wait u guys re going to release a new EV2 skin ..so once u make a good profit from it you are nerfing protons as well? sigh...but yea once again trendy gives a fk about people, this shyt reminds me league of legends where players who played like 2-5 hrs per week start complaining at forums and making champions nerf....

The archer nerf was a no brainer. They had the most damage, the most range, the most coverage (minus maybe skyguards), and had a good DU cost.

The PDTs were also a no brainer, but I hope this fixes the damage on the upgrade tiers. I hope they think of a new passive to replace towering poison (r.i.p.) too.

The ramster buff Im excited about. Ive always wanted to have justification to use them but that cost and their usefulness in actual defense compared to other towers killed it. They did look great on paper though.

in the other thread ppl are complaining how easy the game is and you get tears in your eyes just when you think about a nerf of archers? that doesn't make sense, i hope they'll get hit quite a lot so ppl have to play the game again instead of afk-ing until you finished the map

It all depends on the numbers. If the archers get overnerfed its terrible. You have to remember they are harder to place than normal towers. Also with monk AA tower still being complete *** Flying bombers will be a huge annoyance.

Overall i don't know about this patch, towers blowing up doesn't sound fun.

An easy change for Archers is to make them cost 60 DU, and nerf the explosive arrow to deal about half of what they do now. So you need to place archers correctly to make them useful (hit 2 lanes) rather than place them where-ever.

If we go by past trends of Trendy balance, archers will be gutted to the point of not being used, and we'll be back to proton and/or traps + frosty.

My thoughts are Trendy has lost the ***ing plot and this is a dirty move. Archers and PDT's would of been fine in the revamp, as it's been confirmed projectiles weren't going to hit things 100%. We knew of Dark Mages creating a shield and common goblin trash mobs having shield to ya know block projectiles face on.

I feel sorry for anyone who bought the AL, I really do.

One step forward and 10 steps back.

@geo981010 quote:

Hopefully they don't go overboard and overnerf Archers + PDTs, but we will see.

If they adjust the gear, I really really hope they make triple sure before actually changing all the gear:  all the mage/squire gear got wrong class passives put on them and they also reset all the vars for PS4 players to min(!) and both of these appear to not be going to get fixed. If you have to change gear, make sure it is right. And as others said - if you change archer damage from +8-10% to +2-3% or consolidate to one piece, keep the ratio of the var. So a +10% archer piece would turn into whatever is max percent (if it still exists on that piece) and not just some random value.

It would be nice if they would fix the loot for the AL + EV already too. The gear is so hard to get as they mix builder and DPS passives and stats, so would be nice to at least have that going for us as we try to get ram + new archer gear.

There's nothing wrong with the gear dropping for EV2 & the abyss lord. There are builds for both that use the weirdly combined stats (like def power & ability power make a great direct command abyss lord). This will not be going away anytime soon & I, for one, appreciate that the builds can be so diverse with the new heroes.

Wish they could add variety in builds by changing stat combinations & monster combinations, rather than blanket nerf the defense towers...yet again.

I mean, come on [[63962,users]]. Really!?

@VincentX3 quote:

Remember when trendy said they weren't going to nerf archers? Instead they we're going to bring the rest of the hero's up to the same level?

Yea.... That didn't last long (35:50)

Nope... Only as look as it took for the sales of the Abyss Lord character to dry up. 

Once they had gotten most of the money that they can from it, THEN it's time for the nerfs..

I just want to fight something that isn't as thin as paper. Make something STRONG! Give me brutes, give me giants, give me Cyclops, give me snakes, give me lions, bears oh MY!

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

My thoughts are Trendy has lost the ***ing plot and this is a dirty move. Archers and PDT's would of been fine in the revamp, as it's been confirmed projectiles weren't going to hit things 100%. We knew of Dark Mages creating a shield and common goblin trash mobs having shield to ya know block projectiles face on.

Your logic would make sense if Archers and PDTs were the only projectile towers in the game. They're not. It makes no sense for 2 towers to remain way above everything else because there's 1 monster that will counter it (along with everything else rofl)

@Meioh quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Your logic would make sense if Archers and PDTs were the only projectile towers in the game. They're not. It makes no sense for 2 towers to remain way above everything else because there's 1 monster that will counter it (along with everything else rofl)

His logic is sound as in a Dev stream what every seems to take it for, was they were NOT planning to nerf AL but to buff all other heroes. PDT on the other hand...    well that was not mentioned and was expected

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

@Meioh quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

His logic is sound as in a Dev stream what every seems to take it for, was they were NOT planning to nerf AL but to buff all other heroes. PDT on the other hand...    well that was not mentioned and was expected

Thank god they went back on that huh? This game's literally doomed if they decide to powercreep the entire game on a whim everytime they release a new character - there's no amount of "enemy revamps" that can keep up with that.

@Meioh quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

That's exactly why it was planned for every tower to be viable in power of Archers. That was the whole point of the powered up patch. Instead they couldn't even get that right.

My point is they wouldn't be nearly as OP once the revamp hit and not to mention other useless projectile towers like Ballista's could of been matched in power as well in that time. Giving you variety and not forcing a meta.

So instead of bringing other towers inline with them, they chose the easy way out.

Which means 2 things now, enemies aren't going to be buffed in the revamp as once thought or enemies are still weak in the revamp that the only way to compensate for them is to nerf your defenses to add challenge.

Then again why am I surprised? 

Trendy are clueless. This is evident with their crap Diablo 3 blatant rip off Torment system which has kill NM off from being special. Yet they think it's a good idea.

PTD was a tower that told the new players not to use beacuse of its dps. It was a long time ago...

And now, with the powerup its finally awoken from a long sleep.

I hope they don't put it back to sleep with new update.

It was nice to being able to complete a nm4 without an AL or EV...

I think that AL's nerf was needed since archers became overly used towers. I'd like to see ramster in use. But other than that, I don't know what AL has other than archers. They are (were) what people get AL for anyway.

Ya AL definitly doomed the game.. , gun witch is fine, and Evs Proton beams are peachy,  Again the complaint is in regards to mentioning it wasnt gonna be.  Have they mentioned that with any other hero .. No.  Will there be a powercreep regardless probably.