Sign in to follow this  
Vilpuri

Don't you think the game is bit too easy?

I was hyped about the new power up patch and was playing really much. But after I tested the poison towers and got the sotrm gloves it came way too easy. I barely need to do anything in any of the NM4 maps at the moment, no planning required on placing the towers. 

Has it always been this easy with the AL and EV? I don't own them so I don't know. 

Yes, AL and EV still boast some of the most powerful defenses. And I recall the devs saying that they're aware of how easy the power up will make things until the enemy revamp rolls around. 

Im just glad to see more than skeleton firing lines now. I actually saw a squire cannon the other day. I thought they were extinct.

Yes, game was already really easy and got even easier now. In all god's honesty i have NO IDEA why they decided it was a good idea to buff 4 heroes instead of nerfing the 2 outliers. Emoji_Kobalt.png

Yeah I got bored of the game already and it has only been couple days after patch. I quess ill wait for some buff patch or something. Its just not fun for having no challenge at all.

I dont have the best equipment on my characters but I cant be arsed to grind them now. 

hopefully the strategy revamp will help, and you can play really much again :)

Post-update, I've been refraining from using AL and EV because I enjoy the original 4 heroes a bit more.

That said, I've been able to clear all the challenge maps with 650-700 iPwr geared Heroes. Honestly, the game might feel easy now, but it's common knowledge they are literally reworking all the mobs in the game... I'd love to see where that takes us in terms of balance.

The game is to easy? Ha we goblins laugh, gobu. It is already a challenge for us to leave the safe zone, gobu. Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

The increased mob difficulty will help but honestly most of us have beat the game and are somwhere between 700-770 ilvl. 

How hard should the game be when you have the best items available? Until increased difficutly comes out which requires higher ilvl loot to beat every new content release will be beat fairly easily. And thry over balance enemies and if we cant beat new difficult content with maxxed out legendaries that are rolled perfectly then theres a different problem.

Each nightmare level has to be toned down enough that players who have just entered the gear range to play it can beat it. If ilvl 660 can beat the map then ilvl 750 should have no problems.

Yeah, but I mean it would be more fun if there was actualy strategies involved, 

one lane would get extra dmg from this source and one less from this. like they had the magic and physical immunity lanes. thought it would probably be too hard to balance the heroes.

Maybe this game is not rly ment to be too challenging.

Great game anyway.

From the patch preview, looks like July 19th will be a bunch of things including a nerf to Archers and PDTs. Storm Gloves are already pretty much nerfed to a cool passive but not level clearing after its nerf, so we will see.

Funny you should say that.  I'm currently struggling to find an afkable build for NM4 to farm gear for my builders.  My heroes are close to iPWR 700 but I can barely beat the normal NM4 maps when actively playing a DPS.  Beating challenges for the special loot is out of the question.  Heck, I tried an NM3 challenge and got overrun in the third wave.  I guess I just suck at gaming.

@stuffymonster quote:

The increased mob difficulty will help but honestly most of us have beat the game and are somwhere between 700-770 ilvl. 

How hard should the game be when you have the best items available? Until increased difficutly comes out which requires higher ilvl loot to beat every new content release will be beat fairly easily. And thry over balance enemies and if we cant beat new difficult content with maxxed out legendaries that are rolled perfectly then theres a different problem.

Each nightmare level has to be toned down enough that players who have just entered the gear range to play it can beat it. If ilvl 660 can beat the map then ilvl 750 should have no problems.

The game's easy from the get-go though. Normal/Hard/Expert/Insane are literal fillers, and once you finally get to NM gear progression is so fast that it's not a challenge either.

@mindlessdefender quote:

Maybe they gonna release a NM5?

Yes add more crap NM levels to the game, because that what this needs. Then again Trendy is so clueless atm, they may very well do that.

Here's a better thought what about giving NM it's balls back and do away with this stupid ass transitional BS numbered difficulty system. It worked in DD1, so that would be why it's not in this game, because ya know it's actually good.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

Maybe they gonna release a NM5?

Yes add more crap NM levels to the game, because that what this needs. Then again Trendy is so clueless atm, they may very well do that.

Here's a better thought what about giving NM it's balls back and do away with this stupid ass transitional BS numbered difficulty system. It worked in DD1, so that would be why it's not in this game, because ya know it's actually good.

This much is true. This numbered NM model is completely asinine and basically in place to cater to players who can't stand not having the highest difficulty in the game handed to them on a silver platter. NM needs to be a mode that's difficult across the board, from the 1st to the last map - not yet another progressive mode like every difficulty before it.

@tdb quote:

Funny you should say that.  I'm currently struggling to find an afkable build for NM4 to farm gear for my builders.  My heroes are close to iPWR 700 but I can barely beat the normal NM4 maps when actively playing a DPS.  Beating challenges for the special loot is out of the question.  Heck, I tried an NM3 challenge and got overrun in the third wave.  I guess I just suck at gaming.

- Don't let it get you down man - For the longest time, I only had the original 4 heroes to use (when the Abyss Lord and EV were out), and I got sick of hearing people saying the game was easy when my NM4-geared original 4 heroes [I mooched off explodey archer afk-ed onslaughts...] would beat a NM4 map maybe 1/5 attempts (if I was lucky).

- Turns out, the people back then who were saying the game was easy most likely were using one of / both of the new heroes, which were both insanely overpowered at the time -- in other words, the game was easy if you had the new characters, but too difficult between NM3 & NM4 if you did not (barely beating NM4 maps with NM4-geared characters was not challenging in a fun way).

- Now, the game is easy if you have either of the new heroes or a Poison Dart Tower specced huntress (you could probably get away with a good squire builder too, but I haven't seen anyone try it). Monk & Apprentice builders barely got any love with the last update, unfortunately...

@tdb quote:

I can recommend a good build. Drop archers. 

Edit: oh, didnt realize they nerfed archers, lol. Been gone for a while. 

I thought the archer nerf was still coming?  Archers are the defense I've had the most success with, thanks to their doubled-up nature.  Of course that only helps on some maps.  Greystone Plaza is very conductive for an archer build so I've been farming that a lot.  Still need my DPS to handle the burrowers though - the lane clearing capability of a 500k damage piercing shot is unparalleled.  The flying kobolds can be a nuisance as well.  Recently I swapped my squire's and apprentice's roles around so the apprentice now builds walls and squire builds cannonballs.  The cannonball tower is actually better than skeletal archer in situations where the archer can't be placed to utilize both halves.

Most people i know complaining about the game being too easy, began complaining months before AL was released. So not like the entire game was suddenly too easy simply because of a new OP character. Obviously it got much, much easier when AL came out, but thats just the tip of the iceberg rly, the game has needed proper difficulty for way too long now.

I only come on when my daily card is full now (I still invest my time getting the new heroes as they come) as my Ipwrs are now in the 680-700s for my heroes and I am content with what I have accomplished. So I do other games. 

I still enjoy the game enough to play it, I just don't play it religiously like I did a few months back, especially when monthlies were here. 

As for game difficulty, yes, it is easy. It also depends on if you actively use an AL or EV builder in your plans. If the answer is no to both, then it can be easy, but very tedious to pull off "AFK" wins.

I myself use Fire-elemental offense to get stuff done. Primarily a large amount of my damage comes from Blaze Balloon/Flamethrowers + Oil Harpoons for ground and some properly placed Sky Guards/PDT/Cannons for Air and hero working with them to deal with far worse threats and I get along just fine. The only tower I use of the new gang is Proton Beams and I triangle them on the Blaze Balloons so they stay in when the Phoenix flys out. I don't do any of that AFK *** because the energy for AFK could be better put into something I need to be active with.