Sign in to follow this  
Freddz

How strong is Toxic Shock really?

I've just come back to this game,  a few days ago, and on my second map I got the Toxic Shock bow. (in case someone doesn't know what it does; increase damage of poison dart towers by X%, if poisoned enemy dies it explodes for Y% of Defense Power, Z radius) 

What I find way too strong is that the explosion itself applies the exact same Dot which triggers the explosion, and this seems to have no limit creating a sort of chain reaction. I'm not near endgame, I just got to lvl 40 but so far I've done every level (except Betsy and Harbinger) with only one of these towers on each lane together with some kind of blockade. 

Do they fall of in strength late game or do Toxic Shock need balancing? 

Toxic shock has been around for a long time now without causing issue. The only different now is, bigger boom, bigger number, and a healthy +20% damage. The PDT stacking its poison so much faster is whats turning heads now. You had to read between the lines to find that it was the strongest tower before, now its in your face with a huge number.

Its biggest weakness, is against an ogre or bosslike monster. 1 PDT is about the same as 10 PDTs. Their poison wont stack like 10 skeleton archers can. But still very good late game. Has a damage cap though, tops out at 120k a tick for me.

Toxic shock is an excellent bow not only dose the poisen explosion deal with towers but some times with the bow hit its self it swaped its power ups from defence health to defence damage and can increas posion towers max attack which is 20k for example if u got one with 20% bonus u would stack on an extra 4k

@Lumirend quote:Has a damage cap though, tops out at 120k a tick for me.

The damage cap is 100k, the extra 20k comes from the % increase you get on the bow.

(It caps at 115k for me because of a 15% damage increase from the bow)

The explosion from the Bow also applies 1 stack of poison to everything in the AoE.

@TMTrainer quote:

@Lumirend quote:Has a damage cap though, tops out at 120k a tick for me.

The damage cap is 100k, the extra 20k comes from the % increase you get on the bow.

(It caps at 115k for me because of a 15% damage increase from the bow)

The explosion from the Bow also applies 1 stack of poison to everything in the AoE.

JuiceBags has a video on YouTube where he talks about his poison tower. His tier 1 dps is around 160k. Pretty impressive!

PDT's are broken as hell. They are not supposed to even stack up damage anymore, but because of the large sphere that increase stack cap on them, they bug out completely and get insane dps.

This will probably get fixed sooner or later (prob later), so enjoy it while it lasts ;)

They are supposed to stack damage. That was their whole thing. Now it just takes less stacks at more damage for each stage.

That sphere is the only thing keeping it working correctly, without it the damage stack bugs out for me and only does 20k a tick. Which is way lower damage than it was before the buff. 

I wish they'd look into it more. Right now there is no reason to upgrade them passed tier 2 besides range. The damage cap is weird. Im talking raw poison damage here, not DPS from the poison tick rate/damage passives.

@Lumirend quote:

They are supposed to stack damage. That was their whole thing. Now it just takes less stacks at more damage for each stage.

That sphere is the only thing keeping it working correctly, without it the damage stack bugs out for me and only does 20k a tick. Which is way lower damage than it was before the buff. 

I wish they'd look into it more. Right now there is no reason to upgrade them passed tier 2 besides range. The damage cap is weird. Im talking raw poison damage here, not DPS from the poison tick rate/damage passives.

Funny how Trendy then completely ignored that bug from when they accidently released the power up patch weeks back. PDT worked exactly the same back then as it does now and was also the only super OP buff at that time as well.

Either way, trendy messed up big time on the PDT, no matter what intentions they had with it.