Sign in to follow this  
Nigiri_Toro

Are arcane barriers viable?

I just got around to messing with my app after the patch, threw on a def health set with a harbringer staff and the walls look horrible (sub 300k). Am i missing something? Were there new passives added that need to be farmed? 

yeah I love arcane. just careful if ur defense towers aren't enough. arcane has tendency to let some pass over during knockback.

I tried a build with the meteor staff, I didn't really like it that much, way to much repairing. Squire walls are still way better, and some builds don't even need those any more!

I use mostly target dummys. I found a fairly high % teleport sword so the few ogres/specials that make it to the wall just get teleported back to the start lol.

Put a hearty blockade relic on your apprentice and see your Dhealth go up! I currently have a 34% hearty blockade on apprentice. Definitely helps. Especially with harbinger staff

@SpiderDanX quote:

Put a hearty blockade relic on your apprentice and see your Dhealth go up! I currently have a 34% hearty blockade on apprentice. Definitely helps. Especially with harbinger staff

Hearty block only works on Squire walls not Arcane barriers.

with the buff, I really got nerfed, lost 30K hp on my Arcanes, they still good, specially because cheap and have a lot of resistance. But don-t forget that they should be used in build where you dont need to lvl up them, I mean all is dead before they reach the Arcanes. so the true is they are used to avoid kobols run into the cores!!!

@DarkChuky quote:

with the buff, I really got nerfed, lost 30K hp on my Arcanes, they still good, specially because cheap and have a lot of resistance. But don-t forget that they should be used in build where you dont need to lvl up them, I mean all is dead before they reach the Arcanes. so the true is they are used to avoid kobols run into the cores!!!

one of the big reasons of using a lower DU wall is because of the upgrade scaling tho... still good wall tho i agree

@Freddz quote:

Why does orcs take double damage? 

No idea. They have damage vulnerability, though. And I believe it actually get's worse as you upgrade it. Don't remember. I haven't used them much since right around when they came out. They were fun for a bit, then I went back to spikes. Now I use spikes or dummies depending on DU limits. 

@Meioh quote:

Literally anything is viable at this point in the game

This. I stopped using walls when the Abyss Lord was introduced. 

@mindlessdefender quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

Untrue. Have you even tried equipping hearty blockade trinket onto your Apprentice? I have. I tested Apprentice arcane barriers with and without hearty blockade trinket and when it is equipped, there is indeed the boost to arcane barrier hp. Try it. You will be surprised.

@SpiderDanX quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

Untrue. Have you even tried equipping hearty blockade trinket onto your Apprentice? I have. I tested Apprentice arcane barriers with and without hearty blockade trinket and when it is equipped, there is indeed the boost to arcane barrier hp. Try it. You will be surprised.

Hearty Blockade does not work for app walls, tier 1 app walls are 317k, with 40% hearty totem they are still 317k.  The only difference is the tiny amount of d health between the totems.

@Huckleberry4u quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

Hearty Blockade does not work for app walls, tier 1 app walls are 317k, with 40% hearty totem they are still 317k.  The only difference is the tiny amount of d health between the totems.

Then either you have a bug or I have a bug since it does add to my arcane barrier wall HP.  :-)

Oir7GRY.jpg

The hearty trinket (39% HEARTY) has 1 point less in defense health which seems to be the only factor (for me at least)

LINK IF IMAGE IS HARD TO READ

now, seeing how deference +/- # health point is adding that much you sure your hearty trinket your equipping just doesn't have a couple more DH?

Well it might be a bug on your end then [[39695,users]] Never had HP boost from hearty too for app walls. Feel free to report it if you want your bug to be fixed :d.

I just tested this with the same DH relic with and without hearty and I'm not getting a blockade health difference at any upgrade level.

Is there something else contributing to the discrepancy?

Since I rarely use app walls (just not enough HP for me to "feel safe"), I can't recall everything I had on to reproduce the effect/possible bug. I tried it again this morning using 2 different trinkets with DHealth (1 with hearty blockade and 1 without) and there was no big difference other than the diff in the Dhealth of the trinkets. Maybe the patch today inadvertently fixed it? Could have been an anomaly. Wish I had taken screen shots, but I did not think it was weird when it happened. 

Anyway, thanks for the follow up gang. Too bad hearty blockade does not work with App walls. I like the idea. Like I said, even after the hero buffs, the Apprentice arcane barriers still have too little HP for me, personally, to "feel safe" using them.