Sign in to follow this  
Jojozityjo

Jojoz Feedback on Power Up Update

Overall, i think it is a wonderful update and moves the game, for once, a step in the right direction, took me a while to write this cause i wanted to really try and test things out, and it took a while since you made changes to things that arent so easy to test out, like finding passives and such.

As for the passives on gear, some of it's good, i like the whole, confining passives into one big passive instead of spreading it across all pieces of gear in tiny bits at a time, leaves more room for us to get the passive we could use, like crit chance, or construction, or footloose, or, those new storm effects even.

That said, im rather sad you decided to remove speedy harpoon and it really kinda crushes all hopes i had for a harpoon build that could hold it's own without needing to rely on buff beams and buff auras and the like. Same for speedy darts, confining it to only show up on totems(the Def Health one) feels severely wasteful.

The buffs to heros, honestly, they are all fantastic, mind you some are lack luster compared to others, like the monks buffs to LA and Sky Dragon, but their abilities are fantastic, strong as hell, but they should feel strong as hell when you dedicate to a DPS build, it's the only way DPS builds will ever have even be viable vs builders. I like that you also made most abilities scale of HD as well, so even if you dont go with a AP build, at least your abilities are still getting stronger than they were when you first made the char lol

The Gunwitch, honestly, i just dont have fun with her. I thought I would, especially with the double jump and flying broom stick thing, but her moves all feel very lackluster, part of that is probably because of their animation. With other heros, when i use an ability, i feel like i really did something, not so much with GW, even though i know some of her abilities are really potent, the look just doesnt feel that way. The closest ones to a good feel, like when i push the button and what i see makes me feel like i did something, is the Two at Twice, and Book Drop. Also, I feel like, her dps over all, is extremely lackluster as well. I mean, she is ONLY a DPS hero, you've completely ruined her chances of being a really fun char to play because of that, because now she can only be one thing and one thing only, but if she is going ot be stuck as that one thing, she at least needs to be freakishly amazing at it. When using GW, she should be able to handle at least 2 lanes with relative ease based off her dps alone, but she kinda cant, her dps is too small and her skills dont effect a large enough area or enough mobs to allow her to be able to do so, she pretty much has to focus on one lane. It's like she has, too much CC, that isnt as good of a CC as it should be, and lacks in dps cause she has too much CC. Should be more like the barb in dd1, gear him up right and he could protect at least 2 lanes by himself usually. Also, on a more lighthearted note, GW runs, likeone of the doofiest people i have ever seen ,looks like she is flailing her legs around, like hurdaderr XD

The Set Armor! That i was a lil dissapoint in, maybe cause you guys made it sound like something it's not. I thought, it was going to be something cool, like in more traditional mmos where the more pieces of this set you wear, the more bonuses you get, like if you wore two pieces, you'd get the storm boots effect, if you wore three you also unlocked the storm gloves effect, if you wore four, you'd also unlock the storm helm effect. But no, this isnt a set at all, it's just, more passives at best. That said, i think the passives are pretty awesome, cept the storm chest one, it's worthless to non melee dps chars, you cant take a hit in this game, monsters hit freakishly too hard,so how can i trigger the storm chest effect if getting hit by 1 thing kills me? lol

otherwise, love the new passives.

Matchmaking. Beautiful! Just beautiful, it's about time this got in the game, it's been drastically needed for ages, now i feel like i can actually play with others if i wanted to instead of playing hit and miss with trying to join public random maps or hitting the any map button and hoping i dont get total crap lol

I do think you need to add a cancel button to the loading thing though. Cause honestly, if it takes more than 5 secs to join, it's not gonna work, so i dont wanna sit there for 2 mins waiting on it to tell me it failed and i cant even do anything at all, not even move my char.

The specific drop locations. I really love this, there is no downside to this for me. Having a place i can go to try and get that special legendary i want, makes me feel like i can play this game much more, like theres more to keep me here cause now i can actually have a goal, where i couldnt before because it was purely luck, just had to do the same maps over and over, whatever map you could do, and hope, that that 1 in a million chance for that specific legendary you want to drop, drops, and then hope again, for that 1 in a thousand chance, that it doesnt roll garbage. No, now, i can just be like, i want this, so ima go grind this map until i get the right roll, and i feel like i can accomplish stuff again, it's so much better.

Overall, the Power Up Update, is a really good step in the right direction i believe and i feel like i can devote some worthwhile time to this game again finally, it's a blessing

@Jojozityjo quote:

That said, im rather sad you decided to remove speedy harpoon and it really kinda crushes all hopes i had for a harpoon build that could hold it's own without needing to rely on buff beams and buff auras and the like. Same for speedy darts, confining it to only show up on totems(the Def Health one) feels severely wasteful.

The Set Armor! That i was a lil dissapoint in, maybe cause you guys made it sound like something it's not. I thought, it was going to be something cool, like in more traditional mmos where the more pieces of this set you wear, the more bonuses you get, like if you wore two pieces, you'd get the storm boots effect, if you wore three you also unlocked the storm gloves effect, if you wore four, you'd also unlock the storm helm effect. But no, this isnt a set at all, it's just, more passives at best. That said, i think the passives are pretty awesome, cept the storm chest one, it's worthless to non melee dps chars, you cant take a hit in this game, monsters hit freakishly too hard,so how can i trigger the storm chest effect if getting hit by 1 thing kills me? lol

1. Im hoping they're removing the speed passives in order to set up for bringing back Defense Speed and even maybe range back to gear. Something they said in one of the devstreams that hinted at this before the power update was that they said down the road towards the end of the overhaul of everything they wanted to start getting into the crazy stats like DD1 had.

2. The armor sets are a massive disappointment. They made it sound like how DD1's armor sets were so if you were wearing a whole set you got a bonus to all stats on every piece of gear. This makes far more sense than what they came out with. All they released were some new pieces of gear with new passives. Nothing special at all and that needs to be changed.