Sign in to follow this  
CyBer Sh0t*

Best Gunwitch build?

What are the best passives and spheres for the Gunwitch? She has too many abilities, passives and spheres. It is difficult to decide which to focus on.

Fromy experience she scales crazy with critt damage, also have 10% crit chanse passives with a max of 40% crit chanse.

I normally critt 130k with thunder bolt from the storm gloves when it got released, it would hit 33k non crit.

Also with auto attacks it will do a massive amount of damage if you have the right gear.

With ability gear you will hit around 50-100k with abilities but 250k dps with the dual gun ability, not really a heavy amount. Trendy will need tobuff this in the future.

I normally disagree with sozieqt's posts... But I 100% agree.

The dual gun ability is her best scaling AP ability, and as sozieqt said, its not all that impressive. Especially since it leaves you really vulnerable. Most of her abilities will still do 50-75% of the damage of an AP gunwitch if you build full crit due to her massive hero damage scalings on most abilities.

And in the off chance that you crit (which can be near every other shot for gunwitch), most will actualy deal MORE damage. And if you get all the sniping crit passive gear, you can get scarily close to 100% crit chance snipes that do well over 200k a shot.

I've also been seeing claims of doing over 500k DPS on gunwitch as raw damage? But I've yet to see it, or hear the how. So there is probably a better build I don't know.

Yeah, tbh I hope snipe get's a hefty buff as well. So far I haven't been able to beat out my standard attack for dps yet. Though, I don't even have a full set of snipe passives. But, it really shouldn't take a full set of snipe passives to beat it out. Is the snipes giving stacks to increase basic attacks sphere working? I can't really tell.

I dislike the hero damage+ability power scaling abilities as well.

@Soulstiger quote:

Yeah, tbh I hope snipe get's a hefty buff as well. So far I haven't been able to beat out my standard attack for dps yet. Though, I don't even have a full set of snipe passives. But, it really shouldn't take a full set of snipe passives to beat it out. Is the snipes giving stacks to increase basic attacks sphere working? I can't really tell.

My snipes deal almost 2x the dps of my auto attacks, especially since the storm glove nerf.  I'm currently using a 2.5s attack weapon, but I do want to test out the slower weapons and see if they hit harder. I just haven't found any that are comparable enough to my current weapon to test with. 

@Chedeuine quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

My snipes deal almost 2x the dps of my auto attacks, especially since the storm glove nerf.  I'm currently using a 2.5s attack weapon, but I do want to test out the slower weapons and see if they hit harder. I just haven't found any that are comparable enough to my current weapon to test with. 

Really? Do you have a full set of passives? I, at best, match the dps with snipes vs autos. Which also really sucks, because my autos have a small aoe (the rail firing type.)

I don't think the firing type has any effect on the snipe damage. Then again, I haven't tested it at all.

@CyBer Sh0t* quote:

Which ability should I use to dps? Or just spam 1234567?

Really depends on the build you want. If you're going with a crit build for autos, you'll primarily use the book ability (5, I believe?) if you invest in the two spheres that make transmogged enemies take bonus damage.

Other than that the (1) ability has a stun. Ice Shot cc's. There's a sphere that makes (2) cc as well. The broomnado can lay down decent damage in an area as well. I don't really ever use broom vault, but it can be good if you get into a jam, or just want that extra height over using a regular jump first.

@xArcAngel quote:

The dual gun ability is her best scaling AP ability, and as sozieqt said, its not all that impressive. Especially since it leaves you really vulnerable. Most of her abilities will still do 50-75% of the damage of an AP gunwitch if you build full crit due to her massive hero damage scalings on most abilities.

And in the off chance that you crit (which can be near every other shot for gunwitch), most will actualy deal MORE damage. And if you get all the sniping crit passive gear, you can get scarily close to 100% crit chance snipes that do well over 200k a shot.

I've also been seeing claims of doing over 500k DPS on gunwitch as raw damage? But I've yet to see it, or hear the how. So there is probably a better build I don't know.

The less hero damage you have the higher damage you will get from crit, but after the Chaos with balista and AL archers critting 1m damage (Explosive arrow and splody harpoon) cus it is directed to current hero's crit damage they added a cap instead of changing the fomular for crit.

I never really understood crit damage for this game... Seems the crit damage is just random and have a huge variation for all heroes and defences...

I have not tested this for GW but if they removed the weapon and used full ability and hero crit damage gear that would be possible if the cap is really high cus we allready know the ratio is decent.

I don't have a Gunwitch, but his much I do know.....Gunwitch and Monk are besties! Gunwitch freezes and then MONK SMASH! = insta death! Lol I wonder if this combo works with level 1 GW and Level 1 Monk?

[[39695,users]]
Yes.

@Keyy<3
I've tried that build as well. In my tests, it showed to be the lowest DPS build. A Select few abilities deal more damage, but most of her abilities have a more significant hero damage scaling, resulting in less damage even WITH the crits.

@sozieqt quote:

The less hero damage you have the higher damage you will get from crit, but after the Chaos with balista and AL archers critting 1m damage (Explosive arrow and splody harpoon) cus it is directed to current hero's crit damage they added a cap instead of changing the fomular for crit.

I never really understood crit damage for this game... Seems the crit damage is just random and have a huge variation for all heroes and defences...

I have not tested this for GW but if they removed the weapon and used full ability and hero crit damage gear that would be possible if the cap is really high cus we allready know the ratio is decent.

I've never heard any such information? As far as I've always been able to tell, crit damage seemed to be soley tied to the hero crit damage stat, with no correlation to hero damage? And I've tried to AP+HCrit build on gunwitch (since her gear drops seem to encourage it) with less than promising results, but I did not try your no weapon idea.

Interested in testing your theory about the inverse relationship of hero crit and hero damage now though...

Right up until the Power Up patch, crit dmg was tied to hero dmg in the way that he more hero dmg you had, the less crit dmg you dealt.

But after this patch that doesnt seem to be the case for me (with gunwitch at least), i get WAY more crit dmg with full herodmg/crit dmg set than with AP/crit dmg set. So i have no idea how this crit dmg actually work in the game -.-

I can confirm the reverse corrilation still exists oddly... But it seems to be so insignificant (at least for gunwitch) to ever care about imo.

No idea why those two would ever have an inverse relationship?

@xArcAngel quote:

I can confirm the reverse corrilation still exists oddly... But it seems to be so insignificant (at least for gunwitch) to ever care about imo.

No idea why those two would ever have an inverse relationship?

Yeah, it mostly just encouraged people to farm nm1 unholy swords when that first came out..

Although this is kinda thread necromancy I wonder, after the trials update, how you skill your gunwitch with a few ascension levels.
I personally like "Two at Twice the price" but it has a long CD. Scatter Sweep seems to do good damage as well.

@Alswinn quote:

Although this is kinda thread necromancy I wonder, after the trials update, how you skill your gunwitch with a few ascension levels.
I personally like "Two at Twice the price" but it has a long CD. Scatter Sweep seems to do good damage as well.

While this was a bit of an extreme necro lol....

Most of whats in this thread no longer applies to my beautiful gunwitch. The only thing I'd say still does is that "Two at Twice the Price" is still kinda bad lol. It got enough buffs that with shards and AP+Crit its worth using, but hero damage + AP version seems to do less damage now, and its still her weakest skill it feels. I've pretty easily and consistently done more DPS using both frozen needle spam (even without the passives) and her 1+2 combo (in case you don't know, netted enemies take more damage).

Crit is also still pretty strong if you enjoyed it (I actually think its still the strongest, barely, but I love that AP is viable now <3). Decent C3 gear and shards, and you can have your snipe crit chance at 70%, with each one doing over 600k.

@xArcAngel quote:

i have 1.5kk dps with both snipe shards in the weapon in snipemode and 1.1kk if i autoattack. the Thing is snipe is unusable. against assassins? not rlly on lanes? for what? you cant move you Need time to scope in, it even scopes you out after a few sec so you cant even be a damn real sniper since you always get scoped out when you want to shoot. then you have to w8 till she is scoped out, w8 a sec and then you can scope in again which takes time.

so thats why i screw that, paper dps is nice but garbage if i cant utilize it even Close. so i go with power Gambit, lightning touch and sundering blow. at least im at 1.25-1.3kk dps with this when spamming my Primary.

@xArcAngel quote:

@H3M1V3 quote:

i have 1.5kk dps with both snipe shards in the weapon in snipemode and 1.1kk if i autoattack. the Thing is snipe is unusable. against assassins? not rlly on lanes? for what? you cant move you Need time to scope in, it even scopes you out after a few sec so you cant even be a damn real sniper since you always get scoped out when you want to shoot. then you have to w8 till she is scoped out, w8 a sec and then you can scope in again which takes time.

so thats why i screw that, paper dps is nice but garbage if i cant utilize it even Close. so i go with power Gambit, lightning touch and sundering blow. at least im at 1.25-1.3kk dps with this when spamming my Primary.

@xArcAngel quote:

Most of whats in this thread no longer applies to my beautiful gunwitch.

and? maybe more then a 0 letter text. this Quote says nothing.

so what was the verdict after all this?  i for one quite like AP hero crit and using shotgun/net to clear huge swaths of enemies (when the shots don't shoot up into the sky for no reason and deal 0 damage...)

double machinegunning siege rollers in the butt also seems to do good damage

@H3M1V3 quote:

@xArcAngel quote:

@H3M1V3 quote:

@xArcAngel quote:

you are responding to a post he made in july 2016, he said none of that is relevant anymore already. The quote says exactly that.

@ram1024 quote:

so what was the verdict after all this?  i for one quite like AP hero crit and using shotgun/net to clear huge swaths of enemies (when the shots don't shoot up into the sky for no reason and deal 0 damage...)

cause siege rollers take almost normal dmg from Magic but heavily reduced dmg from physical sources which is completly stupid since you freaking shoot the engine.

every shot i do deals 600k+ dmg on average but on the siege tanks im down to ~200k so 1/3 on the engine !

this makes macro spam abysslord so freaking good since all of his attacks deal Magic dmg. shouldnt be so hard to Limit abysslord secondary attacks to a certain number i mean all other heroes cant spam the secondary nowhere near as fast -.- if they do that macros at least for dps lost their value.

G macro is sth i use constantly. i build a map on C3, press the macro and go for a smoke and when i come back im in wave 4-5. this is how i make the grind somewhat acceptable for the time being. so trendy shouldnt do sth against macros in General. the prob would be fixed if they only Limit abysslords secondary.

@stuffymonster quote:

@H3M1V3 quote:

@xArcAngel quote:

@H3M1V3 quote:

@xArcAngel quote:

you are responding to a post he made in july 2016, he said none of that is relevant anymore already. The quote says exactly that.

why the hell is such a thread revived in the first place then? when reading through the Forums so much i dont look at the damn date every single time.

@ram1024 quote:

Since trials and the devs sneaky changes to gunwitch (pay attention to her cast times), her 1+2 combo is one of the best wave clears in the game currently. Still has amazing CC, and now can actually kill too lol.

And sure... two at twice the price does good damage. Especially to siege rollers. But you can spam ice needle between your normal attacks and CC lock him while doing more damage than twice the price (especially with the right shards). Or you can just get snipe crit shards and CC duration on ice needle and do 1mil+ crit snipes while he's CCed.

@xArcAngel Quote:

Was an attempt to let the necro die. But it's too late now. Least the convo is still relevant. And you didn't have to read the date... I told you. I also generally don't care to answer your questions as you're disgustingly rude and ill mannered with a foolish dedication to never seeing anyone else's points as anything more than them being bad at the game or stupid...

are you for real? I am rude, ill mannered and got a foolish dedication? Quote me and i will explain it to you.