Sign in to follow this  
Rui

Current best dps hero?

What's the current best DPS hero at the moment, and in what gear stats/set? At the moment I'm running Ipwr 740 GW with full crit/hero damage and not sure if I should be using a different hero for dps after the storm glove nerf.  

For me a squire with ap and hh focusis the best combat phase char. You may do a bit less dmg than glass cannons bit with the unholy sword you do decent aoe while aggroing and blocking. The abilities are ridiculous now without cooldown on sword beam and the slam that does 500k dmg.

If you have storm helmet for mana problems and id like to have a good srotm chestpiece since i think that this bzild is the best use for that

@Jothi92 quote:

For me a squire with ap and hh focusis the best combat phase char. You may do a bit less dmg than glass cannons bit with the unholy sword you do decent aoe while aggroing and blocking. The abilities are ridiculous now without cooldown on sword beam and the slam that does 500k dmg.

If you have storm helmet for mana problems and id like to have a good srotm chestpiece since i think that this bzild is the best use for that

I find that my hunt is a lot more reliable dps compared to squire.

On squire, I do around 20~21k/fire sword tick, and 600k~ slam, but slam is not great. 

On hunt with the lady orc bow, each hit does 5~6k at 4/s, 600~700k with piercing shot, and almost 100k per sticky nade. 

Compared to GW/EV/Monk I don't know which would be the best dps though. 

It really comes down to how you would like to play.  A friend has an AP Squire build that does stupid damage hitting 1.3 mil slam, constant provoke with the sword and a flame shield that does nearly 40k per tick.

I play EV2 because I like using Death from Above to jump around the map.  And my proton beam does a cool 600k that can wreck an Emoji_Ogre.png  barely out of the gate.

I also have a crit speed bow huntress, I'll use this when I just want to stand on the core and fire at things.

agree. it really is opinion based and how u built that hero. ^^

@Tyroki quote:

Whichever character you like best.

Even tho the monk weapon was fixed, Its still the lazy (and thus my) choice for number one dps. Easy half million dps without dragolich and over 1 mil with dragolich.

"~ startaltfire and press X every now and than"

I Love it! Now all i need is a monk stormskin, if I could just find a give away ;)

I'll agree with Jothia92 that squire is probably the most useful DPS character during a wave. But if I had to rank them soley on DPS...

EV2 (Manage your heat, and her proton laser will destroy anything)
Apprentice (Amazing single target AND AOE abilities that can match the EV2, but requires more effort)
Huntress (One of the best/most consistant lane clearers and DPS-ers)
Monk (Soley DPS based, has great utiliy + Team Boost, but REQUIRES a good weapon due to bad scaling)
Gunwitch (Amazingly fun, but DPS is slightly subpar to others. Majorly subpar as an AP caster. Has most CC)
Abyss Lord (Amazing AOE/CC for lane control. But lackluster in single target. Fun to play with collosus)
Squire (Lacks high DPS, but has good burst and can single handedly hold a lane with a lifelink Unholy sword)

As several have mentioned though, you can really use whoever you want. No one is too far ahead of the pack to really care as it currently is. Although, certain DPS-ers will do certain things better.

I swap between them all everynow and again.

EV2 is the best dps hero, I just surf around with 1.2m dps after using dragolich, not sure what the dps is without but it's much better than any other hero.

You dont really need that good gear, just put together some spheres, ability and hero damage gear and you are set, the stats you get on gear is only for heat generation reduction which is not really needed and crit damage is literally non existent on her, you will hardly notice it if you had gear.

@sozieqt quote:

EV2 is the best dps hero, I just surf around with 1.2m dps after using dragolich, not sure what the dps is without but it's much better than any other hero.

Try a monk, i easaly out dps that in randomly selected gear from my  "trash legendary" 

@Savur quote:

@sozieqt quote:

Try a monk, i easaly out dps that in randomly selected gear from my  "trash legendary" 

Yea, you might. But they will fix that polearm soon.

@sozieqt quote:

@Savur quote:

@sozieqt quote:

Yea, you might. But they will fix that polearm soon.

They already did, its fixed now, still does oke dmg and out dpses most others.

Pure DPS....EV2 hand down! EV2 can kill 2 ogres in 1 hit on NM4 inc/Challenge! I have not seen anyone else do that! How is this done?

EV2 setup: 

Dracolich  fully leveled, 

hero dmg+hero crit gear

All major passives (Big Boy, MDL Discharge, Atomic Madness)

+4 bombs sphere (sorry, can't recall the exact name)

Setup Big Boy bombs before Ogres spawn (maybe during build phase) - Some in 1 lane the rest in the other lane (when the lanes are nearby each other anyway - very key part)

Setup 2 WM wave 1 - make sure 1 has the MDL and the other has the nukes ready to go at the same time.

When Ogres spawn - grab MDL and immediately grab the Nuke. Shoot the Big boy when 1 ogre is under it and it will trigger the nearby bombs where the other ogre is.

I have been able to repeat this on Gates of Dragonfall. I have not tried it on any other map. So, this may be map specific...

But even if you just use the proton cannon ability w/Dracolich - You can get over 1.5 million DPS easy.

Anyway...love EV2 DPS! Best DPS hero in DD2 currently Hands down!

But, if some one can explain to me how another Hero can "kill 2 ogres with 1 stone" then I'd love to hear it!! :-)

Now....prolonged damage over time....I think may go to Squire...for reasons stated earlier. 

- Unholy Sword 

- Alternately: Crystaline Saber with Howling passive....or Just the Spooky Axe itself.

- Storm gloves are still very useful with him

- Life Leach 750+

- Storm Helm

- Storm boots for quick retreat if needed/wanted

- Storm chest for the stun effect.

If you have a water pet...even better with the storm gloves - extra stun effect.

Gear as stated previously by other players.

With this setup, When going up against Ogres or other special enemies,  you are nearly invulnerable and can spam abilities #1 and #2 infinitely with no cool down anymore. Then use your shield Slam as often as CD allows. Your mana pretty much never goes down very far. And you continuously stun the ogre with taser suit and the water/storm synergy. And with the life steal, you keep getting your health back while he is stunned. When going up against harb...he won't allow you to stun him, but you can still tank him mail he goes away. His attacks are slow enough where it does not matter how much dmg he does to you cuz you life leach it back in between attacks.

So, Tanky DPS squire is really great for prolonged high DMG. I can get his shield slam to do 800k dmg on some special enemies....I may be using Dracolich to achieve this. But, even without Draco, Squire still does lots of dmg and can keep on attacking long after other heros have died from the infamous Butt stomp if you have a high enough Phys resist (1k+).

[[149302,users]] - Have you used the Spooky Axe? If so what exactly don't you like about it? I personally really like it! I go back and forth between Spooky Axe (but really, it's the Crystaline Sabre with spooky axe ability) and unholy sword to use with my Tanky DPS Squire. Spooky Axe makes Squire attack faster. That sword got me around 80k-100k DPS while using Dracolich before even Abyss Lord came out.

@SpiderDanX quote:

Sozieqt - Have you used the Spooky Axe? If so what exactly don't you like about it? I personally really like it! I go back and forth between Spooky Axe (but really, it's the Crystaline Sabre with spooky axe ability) and unholy sword to use with my Tanky DPS Squire. Spooky Axe makes Squire attack faster. That sword got me around 80k-100k DPS while using Dracolich before even Abyss Lord came out.

Because the weapon will not do heavy damage when it transfer to light weaponry attack speed, it is literally a waste of legendary item bonus in my opinion. I'd rather get a good heavy weapon with some awsome stats or light for that matter, depending on which does the most damage and have the most practical use.

@sozieqt quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

Sozieqt - Have you used the Spooky Axe? If so what exactly don't you like about it? I personally really like it! I go back and forth between Spooky Axe (but really, it's the Crystaline Sabre with spooky axe ability) and unholy sword to use with my Tanky DPS Squire. Spooky Axe makes Squire attack faster. That sword got me around 80k-100k DPS while using Dracolich before even Abyss Lord came out.

Because the weapon will not do heavy damage when it transfer to light weaponry attack speed, it is literally a waste of legendary item bonus in my opinion. I'd rather get a good heavy weapon with some awsome stats or light for that matter, depending on which does the most damage and have the most practical use.

I'm still having a hard time understanding and I want to understand. Are you basing your opinion on a future thing that may or may not happen? Or on something that has already happened? 

Like I stated, I don't have the axe myself, but the Crystal Sabre with the howling attack, which is a medium sword for me. I will have to update my post here with the DPS I am getting with it currently. 

*edit: Update - Since I have been regearing my squire with the new storm gear, my stats are not optimal. My current Crystalline Saber is iPWR 711 (level 18/43). My squire is iPWR 702. With that said, my Squire medium Crystal Sabre is doing 60K-68K DPS on dummies and with Draco, he is doing 155K-165K DPS. If I add Squire Provoke, I do 248K - 276K DPS. This means, I can get even better DPS once all my gear is fully leveled! :-)