Sign in to follow this  
Lewp

Gun Witch giveaway

current fav build  PDT each lane with squire wall and archers   boring but works for me

The original Ramparts Incursion turtle build with boost boots on. I'd use either Flamebursts + Earthshatters (if I didn't care about seeing anything) or Cannonball + Ballistas. Tank the ogres inside a Serenity and collect the rewards.

Proton Beams with SA is my current build.  Generally don't place walls or AA just so I have something to do in the map.  I like doing a lot of hero dps and do not like taking a lot of time to place builds so this is fast.

Atm my standard setup is Skeletal Orc blockade, Proton Beam (1 each per lane) + Archers scattered around the Map. 100% winrate :D

I don´t really have a favourite build. But I like everything that is more meant to be a fun build and not in the "meta".

Though nothing unique, I usually use the following:

1. A Purge Evil Serenity for each lane for the moderate slow, moderate heal, & aoe explodey goodness (always a definite for me since they only cost 20 DU and are useful for 3 reasons).
  2. Hearty Blockade walls (In the process of making a waller Apprentice with the defense-passive Harbringer weapon, but have to resort to squire walls until then since I don't have an Abyss Lord either)
  3. Poison Dart towers (with the poison explosion passive, like most people) sort of scattered throughout the map facing wherever there is a long, narrow ground lane (and generally in somewhat-protected areas on the sides of lanes, pointing backwards if possible, just to keep things interesting and not have to stack a bunch of them right behind squire walls). If there are air lanes, I'll try to place 1 Poison Dart Tower exclusively facing toward said air lane (DU-allowing...).
  4. A squiggled 5-branch EV proton beam (usually an "M-shape") for each ground lane a medium-distance away from the squire walls to slow enemies, and hopefully get a few crits in there at the same time ---> Given that the Poison Dart Towers will have probably whittled down enemy health before they get to the beam, the area works well as a sort of "kill box" where enemies stack up, and hopefully one will die, resulting in a Purge Evil / Poison-passive explosion that will finish off everything but bosses.
  5. And finally, I like playing around with positioning Splodey Harpoons, such that their improved range, and incredibly wide 'enemy-detect-region' (spread) can cover multiple lanes at the same time, and will often try positioning them specifically so that they'll hit an air lane and a ground lane (the splodey-passive coupled with the poison-explosion-passive works well to take down large groups of flying mobs that are close together). The sphere that gives the Ballistas a chance to oil targets works very well as both another slow (I originally started using the Ballistas in place of frosties, though they obviously work differently), and oiled enemies = extra damage when using a Squire DPS with the "flame-block" sword from Unholy Catacombs)
  6. Honorable Mention: If I'm playing a map with really short ground lanes (a lot of maps with side-objectives that you want to stay up will have shorter lanes), I'll sacrifice a few Poison Dart Towers for some Elemental Chaos Traps, to place inside of the aforementioned EV Proton Beams, which work well if the lane is short enough, such that poisoned enemies can make it to the walls before dying.
  7. Ideal DPS: Ability Power / Hero Health Squire, using the sphere that makes enemies that are targeting the squire take more damage from towers (obviously works well with the Unholy Catacombs sword, since it has a built-in taunt) + the Harbringer shield that decreases the cooldown on the squire stun on a successful block (which, again, works well with the UC weapon since you're going to be doing all of your damage while blocking anyway).

(Note, I'd love to eventually experiment with the Apprentice's Flamethrower tower positioned similarly to the Poison Dart towers that I'd usually put on the side of lanes, but I don't think I'm going to be spending 5K Def. Medals on the corresponding Uber sphere anytime soon... TE -- me love you long time if you reduce the def. medal cost on the Ubers, or allowed them to be buyable with gold, so I can mess around with some more builds)

I like the Frost-fire combo, Flamethrowers outside within range of a wall, and frosties behind the wall buffing the flamers. Also some 'splody harpoons if the lane is a decent length.

Hi! I've specked my PDT huntress to have towering poison on all it's armor and I've got its hp over 140k at lvl 1. I have also been able to cap its poison dmg to 120k/s thanks to the toxic shot bow <3. I usually pair this with proton nodes with the freeze passive to give the poison alot more time to kill. I love this build because I don't usually have to use mana on blockades or orcs since I can just use the PDT and it doesnt really ever matter cause They never make it past the nodes >;] (besides the bosses of course but that's what dps heros are for ^^)

My fav build is EV2 stars (place proton beams in a star) + SA + an AL archer here and there. 

Why? 

This build pretty much owns most, if not all, NM4 inc/Challenge maps. A lot of people see this build and call it the "Devil Build" or "666 Build" lol on Maps where I DU allows, I place Weapon Manufacturer so I can utilize EV2 passives like MDL discharge and Atomic Madness. 

Why?

Cuz this lets me kill 2 Ogres in 1 Hit when I drop 7 EV2 bombs (Big Boy included) + Dracolich.

I love me some Summoner ... ok abyss lord.   Archers for days splash a little Serenity Aura and my Squire Tank as a moblie wall and GG all day long

Currently it would have to be mass flame throwers with a sprinkling of frost towers for slow, perhaps blockade if I am doing long incursion missions. Generally gets the job done and will hopefully continue to do so until I get my Abyss Lord leveled.

I usually roll with spike blockades with some ramsters placed behind with the steam skill sphere and some lightning auras in front of the blockades so that anything that enters the lightning aura gets stunned so that the only thing that makes it to the blockades are ogres which die shortly after, and of course a monk for anti-air. I enjoy watching the enemy try to make it to the barricades and even if its a tough wave and some of them actually make it I just use direct command and once the fire clears nothing is left standing.

My favorite build?

For towers, uncreatively I absolutely PDT. I love the emulation of Diablo 3 Exploding Palm monk explosions killing everything. It's immensely satisfying seeing a burst of damage and a wall of numbers.

Poision Dart Turret

Buff Beam

Buff Aura

Frost Tower

Serenity Aura

For DPS I fell in love with Money Generation Huntress. Basically all the money passives with the Bling Bow, light everything on fire, and at the end of the wave look at all the gold on the ground. It's satisfying to pick up all that gold.

Gotta run that max range flamethrower. People say flamethrowers aren't legit but they're cool, so I'll make them legit Emoji_Wyvern.png

Best build for no nonsense on most maps is archers + SA/purge+ ram and lightings at chokepoints, mix in a few PDT and your set. The I wanna screw around build is frosty gyser spam with lighting auras + ram and AA. (nothing more fun that watching 20 AA shoot off at once albeit weak.)

Flamethrower + Oiled Ballista :D

add some PDT too if I'm not lazy.

i like it because it's unusual yet effective.

For each ground lane, 3 x (3 node PBs) running along the path by spawn, SA aura covering the PBs, and a max range PDT way off to the side that barely has them in range at spawn. Single PDT for the air lanes if they are separate. If points left over, heavy cannonballs just cause they aren't completely terrible anymore.