Gun Witch giveaway

Giveaway?

Yep! I have 3 codes all good for 1 Gun Witch hero.

How do I enter?

In order to have a chance to win a code all you have to do is post in this thread telling me what your favorite build is in DD2, and why. The winners will be randomly chosen on Thursday at ~3PM est. Each winner will receive 1 code.

But I already own the Gun Witch.

That's perfectly fine, if you win your more than welcome to give your code to a friend who doesn't.

I don't believe you.

Then don't enter.

Notes

• These codes are good for the Gun Witch hero only.
  • Codes are redeemed in game at the mailbox in the tavern.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always like placing like 3 traps, and nothing but frosties, always a fun build for me anyways on gates

I guess my favorite build is for Wyern's den. I love placing dps towers to high areas of the map that enemy can't reach (and Wyern's den got lots of places for that) and then a few serenity auras, baricades and sky guard towers.

hmmm thats a tough one I would say my favorite build is probably pheonix balloons. It still kinda sucks that there sub par to most other builds right now but I still love my balloon traptress, and the phoenix's from the weapon are pretty awesome to.

I currently like the Poison dart Tower build where you just place walls and spam with PDT.

But normaly i really like the standart build just a lot of archers, walls and Serenity Auras.

Because i think the most of the standart heros are still not strong enough. Of course there are expections like the poison dart tower

pdt as walls + traps and frosty towers used to be my fav build, but now with current buffs and heros it's just about mixing and playing with towers, sometimes protons+ pdt + walls + sa / protons+ archers + walls+ sa, i actually did a fun build today  walls + frosty + ballistas and SA lol....still waiting for a good squire revamp, ballistas and cannons need more dps ;(

While i don't have the Abyss Lord yet, His little Ram is soo adorable with his cute blue flames, and from what i've seen the deal a lot of damage. 

But what i do in game on my apprentice is i use 1 Arcane Barrier, followed by 2 Flameburst towers behind that, with an Earth-shatter tower behind  them ^^. it's not the best strategy but its a solid basic setup. 

MAX RANGE Flamethrower + frosty + a barri or dummy.  Often combined with an apprientice with betsy staff (flames of course).

I call this build "vision denial build" because thats what it is. Often team mates also complain :d. It's pretty efficient and simple.

The reason: If i can't see them, they can't see me, gobu. And at best nobody can see anything anymore. (also it was and it is still really strong damage wise)

vision.jpg

Favorite build: 

Lightning Aura's, Serenity Aura and Frosties with monk Anti Air and Squire walls.

Why?

Well I am pretty new to the game, and it was something different to Abyss Lord and EV2 as well as more challenging, it has been tough at times to complete the newest incursions on NM4 solo, but it feels the most rewarding. I love synergies, and synergizing Boost Aura (sometimes) and Frosty power with Lightning Aura's is just awesome, along with having double slows. Getting massive AOE detonations from Serenity Aura just adds to it! 

The latest buff finally allowed me to complete Bastille NM4 incursion, which was the only map I was unable to complete if we exclude the time during the Amped up bug, though I am not sure I could build in multiplayer due to erroneous upgrading.

My favorite build is a single orc blockade on every path with a ram behind it. It easily defeats enemies on The Throne Room NM-1 

@dreamanime quote:

MAX RANGE Flamethrower + frosty + a barri or dummy.  Often combined with an apprientice with betsy staff (flames of course).

I call this build "vision denial build" because thats what it is. Often team mates also complain :d. It's pretty efficient and simple.

The reason: If i can't see them, they can't see me, gobu. And at best nobody can see anything anymore. (also it was and it is still really strong damage wise)

vision.jpg

Whelp, time to dust off my frosty apprentice and get him hooked up with some fire. Should even be able to do it without sacrificing my frosty building passives, thanks to the passives being consolidated :D

My favorite build is Ev's proton beams with a Poison Dart Tower. I like it cause it kills enemies out of spawn quickly and its fast to build.

I like doing a 'Turtle-like' build on Ramparts Incursion where you place an X with buff beam in the middle of the cores and then place archers or cannons/ballista on buff beams, surrounding everything with reflect beams. 

It's easy to build and fun to watch. 

Alternating Elemental Chaos and Geyser within a Lightning Aura, within a Serenity Aura. Supported by Frosty Towers and minimal archers for the strays and air units. Hearty Blockade Squire Walls and she's good to go.

Slows provided by Serenity Aura and Frosties. Stuns provided by the combination of Water and Lightning. The addition of hero damage helps make the defense very robust. 

My favoriite build is still using lightning auras and geyser traps. I just like the animation... and it is not like we have to care atm. ^^

Im not sure i understand by build do they mean favorite item build such as tank theme'd squires or more so favorite defense combination such as squire barricades LSA aura's and Ramsters that can wet enemies.

A few of my favorite (broken) builds that I've seen over the years:

• Blockade Boom build - when the arcane barrier was first implemented, the explosion was very powerful (though it stayed down for a decent length of time). On Siphon Site D, I maxed out DU solely on arcane barriers, and was able to successfully defend the map with little hassle.
  • Frostbite boost build - when frosty power was first implemented, there was a period where if you placed them backwards they acted like a more powerful boost aura. Frequently people would place 9-12 frostbites facing backwards in a grid, then spend the rest of the DU on towers. The result was a ridiculous increase in DPS (I think it was upwards of 10x).
  • Boot build - there was once a passive on some boots that boosted a defense when you stood on it. When this passive was first implemented, if you stood on a defense that was inside a boost aura it would deal millions of DPS. If you did it right, you could even jump off the defense and it would keep its boost. Skyguards actually did their job when they could one-hit wyverns!

Definitely Orc Wall with reflect beam in front and frost towers. Pretty defensive play style where the frost will boost the orc wall and the reflect wall when enemies get to wall and torpedo + earth can shatter frozen enemies and reflect enemies' projectiles. Pretty nice, but I never really had the opportunity to fully test it and see its max potential cause enemies don't even get to walls anymore. It's more like I don't use walls anymore :P.

But I would definitely try it when the game gets challenging. Of course I'll have some DU left, probably for the offensive part of the build. Don't know what yet, but perhaps something that will benefit from the frost, like LA or traps.

I always love playing around with the flamethrowers. Ever since I've grabbed the uber sphere for them I've been placing them in builds just because I can.

Before this patch it was a case of putting down a blockade with a frosty tower behind, some proton beams in front with the freeze passive, a serenity aura with purge evil for that good explosive feeling and strategically placed flamethrowers aka flamethrowers everywhere :D 

The day the AL came out, I had a TON of fun using Ramster's with the steam breath orb and electric auras to lock down lanes. Paired with my squires Ballistas, I basically rendered entire lanes unto death and lockdown. Jolly great fun.