Sign in to follow this  
WolfVisions

About the new storm gloves

Well, I have nothing against the nerf of the storm glove. It was completely OP.

However, it now does 25% of hero damage, once per second? not on hit? Wasn't that the whole idea of storm gloves or did i miss something? I feel like it should do a little more than 25% hero damage if it is going to be once per second..

Although maybe if you have the max jumps, that 8 x 25% Hero damage is just good.. What do you think?

@Insanity Geo quote:

you can still do 0 tower build with just the gloves

the nerf didnt do jack because the game is still too easy to begin with

I highly doubt it. but pls make a video I would like to see 0 tower build do NM4.

And I agree the nerf was too much.  at least make it 25% of hero dmg +ability power.  So AP builds can use them.

@mindlessdefender quote:

@Insanity Geo quote:

I highly doubt it. but pls make a video I would like to see 0 tower build do NM4.

And I agree the nerf was too much.  at least make it 25% of hero dmg +ability power.  So AP builds can use them.

Why? Why should they benefit from AP? Like, at all? 

@Soulstiger quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

@Insanity Geo quote:

I just told you why... So they can do little more dmg and AP builds can benefit more from them. 

@mindlessdefender quote:
@Soulstiger quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

@Insanity Geo quote:

I just told you why... So they can do little more dmg and AP builds can benefit more from them. 

So... this item should gain damage off an unrelated stat, so that it can be stronger (right after a nerf) and so that unrelated builds can benefit from it too?

Again, why?

The biggest issue with the gloves is that it's way too much free damage. Anyone who auto attacks benefits from it, rather than it being a build specific item. It absolutely should not be expanded to encourage AP builds to use it. Tbh, I'd rather they boost the proc speed back up and lower the damage accordingly. To make it more a niche item for rapid fire, high hero damage builds. Though, that build is pretty much universal and muscles most builds out anyway. Just glad they seemed to back off that idea of everyone's abilities scaling off Hero Damage as well.

Wouldn't a better way to boost ability power be to like, you know, buff abilities and make ability power affect abilities more since ability powering is what ability power is supposed to do?

@Tiamata quote:

Wouldn't a better way to boost ability power be to like, you know, buff abilities and make ability power affect abilities more since ability powering is what ability power is supposed to do?

Nah, everything should just increase your auto attack damage. ;) It isn't like the game in it's current form is the most caster friendly it has ever been. What with no cd abilities and the mana regen helm.

Squire+Apprentice+EV2+AL = Highly Favor AP

Huntress/Monk = Can choose choose pretty equally crit or AP

Gunwitch = Highly Favors Crit

And this is with the fact that storm gloves proc crit. As a person that despises crit, and loves spell casting, the heroes that use spellcasting don't need a buff, and those that can't won't be saved by such a change. I really don't think the gloves need an AP scaling. They are auto-attck based. Crit is auto attack based. Synergy.

The problem is that the gloves can make anyone prefer hero damage/crit. Well, not sure quite how well it works for melee builds. I'd imagine it's still really good as it's just free multi target damage.

I also haven't tested it much since it's nerf. Hopefully it isn't so oppressive :P

Pre nerf, you are correct. Storm gloves = build crit haha.

Now, crit is still BETTER for storm gloves, but certainly doesn't beat out AP scalings for those that have good ones. Pretty nice balance atm imo.