Sign in to follow this  
geo981010

OP no more - Storm Gloves Hotfix today

From Patch notes at https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/136739/see-answer:

Gloves of Storms and Ravenhost Projectile Update

Storm Gloves and Ravenhost Projectile now hit the correct number of targets. Previously, these could hit more targets than intended.

Projectile lifespan reduced from 10s to 5s.

Bound distance reduce to minimize excessive distance bouncing (3500 to 2500)

Gloves of Storms Balance Update

Hero Damage Ratio decreased from 150% Max to 25% Max

Proc Rate Max decreased from 2.5/s to 1.0/s

Maximum Bounces from decreased 8 to 4

Projectile now deals Storm damage (was Magic damage)◦Developer Note: The Gloves of Storms were causing damage beyond what was intended. These changes should make this piece of the set advantageous and desirable to DPS players but more balanced.

RIP no tower build! At least they are getting lightning damage, so my GW with drown weapon should do ok. Just the 8s mage is gone...

Also, they fixed the nastiest of the new bugs too, so yay Trenday!

Hope they dont forget to reduce the critt ratio on the gloves thunder bolts too, I would not be suprised.

I could crit 120k and non crit 33k with the bolts on my GW, this is not ok but it's Trendy.

Praise be on to Trendy. Those of you who farmed for days... netter luck next buggy affix.

Nerfed doesnt mean worthless. These gloves are still the best choice for any dps that spams primary attack. So no, no one wasted their time farming. 

Its good to see that the thought of others having their time wasted brings some people joy, what a great community.

OG storm gloves were able to clear nm4 for maps without even placing offensive towers nor even aiming at any mobs.

Theres a post on the general discussions somewhere of a guy gold farming & his storm gloves are killing everything (on nm4!), Preposterous!

As if we even needed more op stuff, to help us clear nm4 (lol)

i don't notice a big change honestly, still clearing nm4 with no towers but a right direction for sure.

@That1guy quote:

Nerfed doesnt mean worthless. These gloves are still the best choice for any dps that spams primary attack. So no, no one wasted their time farming. 

Its good to see that the thought of others having their time wasted brings some people joy, what a great community.

Look at number of posts, not exactly old accounts... so hopefully indicative !!

@That1guy quote:

These gloves are still the best choice for any dps that spams primary attack.

This. My GW went from (single target dummy) 550k dps down to 100-130k with this change, the spike to 130k occurs with the proc and mine are a low roll within the new bracket, so they're still a ~30% (realistically more given the aoe) increase.

I'd say they're in a good spot now. No longer absurdly broken, but still a desirable item for autoattack dps builds.

@That1guy quote:

Thanks, I try my best~ Emoji_Huntress.png

Some people always have the nicest things to say on the forums! lol

The gloves change is great.  It still feels desirable, but not OPOP like it was before.