Questions for theApprentices Flameburst tower and Flamethrower tower.

Can the Apprentice Flamethrower sphere upgrade have more range because for 5000 hero tokens its range isn't that good. Also can there be an option to switch between the Flameburst and Flamethrower towers.

- Hmm, I'm honestly not sure if the Flamethrower tower gains the range boosts from the general "Increase Range of all of the Apprentice's Defenses" spheres (I think there are 2 large 10%-range-increase spheres), and I can't test it because I've never even been tempted to buy it.

- However, I know that you can switch in between the un-modified tower (i.e. the Flameburst) and the modified tower (i.e. the Flamethrower) simply by equipping and unequpping the uber sphere! =) (that's how people used to use a single Huntress to build when the game still had resistance-lanes -- they'd swap in between the Elem. Chaos Trap for magic lanes & the normal explosion traps for physical lanes)

- Finally, as a last side comment, I still think that 5000 defender medals (i.e. half the 10K cost for both unlocking new hero and gaining a new hero slot...) is far too expensive for the ubers - I tried to voice that opinion during their last pre-patch Devstream, but unfortunately did not hear any kind of response -_- (Personally, I think it would be a quick fix to have the ubers buyable with in-game gold, since gold isn't used for much late game anyway...)

It trades off range for becoming a cone aoe and attack rate. Not sure if it affects the damage.

You can switch by unequipping or equipping the sphere. You can't toggle existing defenses, though. You'd have to rebuild them.

@g_cracka88 quote:

- Hmm, I'm honestly not sure if the Flamethrower tower gains the range boosts from the general "Increase Range of all of the Apprentice's Defenses" spheres (I think there are 2 large 10%-range-increase spheres), and I can't test it because I've never even been tempted to buy it.

- However, I know that you can switch in between the un-modified tower (i.e. the Flameburst) and the modified tower (i.e. the Flamethrower) simply by equipping and unequpping the uber sphere! =) (that's how people used to use a single Huntress to build when the game still had resistance-lanes -- they'd swap in between the Elem. Chaos Trap for magic lanes & the normal explosion traps for physical lanes)

- Finally, as a last side comment, I still think that 5000 defender medals (i.e. half the 10K cost for both unlocking new hero and gaining a new hero slot...) is far too expensive for the ubers - I tried to voice that opinion during their last pre-patch Devstream, but unfortunately did not hear any kind of response -_- (Personally, I think it would be a quick fix to have the ubers buyable with in-game gold, since gold isn't used for much late game anyway...)

For your first point, yes, it does gain range from the extra range spheres (quite handy). The only other way to gain range would be to have vector corrector passive on your gear. I think it can go up to 2500 attack range or there about, but that isn't really too impressive. It's still a pretty close ranged tower

Unless there was a change I'm unaware of flamethrower doesn't have aggro. You can place it anywhere you want, as long as other towers aren't  directly behind it it will not be attacked. This makes the short range manageable.

@Soulstiger quote:

It trades off range for becoming a cone aoe and attack rate. Not sure if it affects the damage.

You can switch by unequipping or equipping the sphere. You can't toggle existing defenses, though. You'd have to rebuild them.

- Ahh, good clarification! I should have mentioned that you can't toggle existing defenses; you just choose which of the 2 options (modified / unmodified) you want for a defense you're about to build