Sign in to follow this  
PikachuNoob

Game Boosters that change things in the files are able?

A lot of people have a pretty shi- terrible computer and would love to play this game at a better fps and sometimes these things can really help out but of course there are some consequences for this... They can ban you, Im insecure if this is able in Dungeon Defenders 2 (Probably not since most of the multiplayer games this isnt able so... [pointless]) But I would like to know.

And no I'm not going to test it.

"Game boosters"? Are you talking about the programs that limit background operations *as referenced in this article? To my understanding, those don't really improve performance noticeably in anything less than the most extreme cases. Just make sure you quit any unnecessary applications before playing and you should be fine *this holds true for all games, really, check your CPU and RAM usage before playing if you think you have a problem*.

In terms of modifying game files, there are some tweaks to the BaseEngine.ini you can do to increase performance. Check out this guide for more information. These tweaks will not result in you getting banned, but your game may look slightly worse. To be completely honest, I imagine yours gains in FPS will be slight at best, and nonexistent at worst. As always, the best way to improve your FPS is to update your computer hardware. 

@Diamond Doge quote:

"Game boosters"? Are you talking about the programs that limit background operations *as referenced in this article? To my understanding, those don't really improve performance noticeably in anything less than the most extreme cases. Just make sure you quit any unnecessary applications before playing and you should be fine *this holds true for all games, really, check your CPU and RAM usage before playing if you think you have a problem*.

In terms of modifying game files, there are some tweaks to the BaseEngine.ini you can do to increase performance. Check out this guide for more information. These tweaks will not result in you getting banned, but your game may look slightly worse. To be completely honest, I imagine yours gains in FPS will be slight at best, and nonexistent at worst. As always, the best way to improve your FPS is to update your computer hardware. 

The type of Game booster that im talking about gets the dll files and cuts in half so it has better perfomance