Sign in to follow this  
tdb

Private games so complicated to create now

I wrote a long post but the forum ate it.

1. Game type defaults to public

2. NM4 maps default to impossibly high iPWR limit

3. Settings are reset to defaults after map

4. Extra clicks compared to before

Please fix.

Uh... NM4 maps default to 700ipwr for me. Hardly impossibly high. I have more characters that meet that, than that don't.

More clicks are to be expected. You can actually set things now. How many more clicks are you doing?

Before
E to open table.
set to private (which is remembered, but you can't change it without going to the hub)
click over to the game mode you want to play (variable, don't remember how many it took to get to end game incursion. let's say 3)
click to go to second page, unless you're doing a map on the first page, then skip this step.
click the map you want to play
Hold up, you got a bug. Click forward to insane
back to hard
then to nm1
back to insane
to nm2
back to nm1
to nm3
back to nm2
to nm4.
click find match.

So, 16 clicks if you got what felt like a common bug. 11 or so without the bug depending on what the default difficulty was before. Pretty sure end game incursion was insane?

Now,
E to open table
click over to the game mode you want (just one now for "challenges" right?)
Click your map, 1-2 clicks
Select your difficulty, it defaults to normal now, I believe. Not sure. If it does, 6 clicks
click create
click private
set the ipwr you want
click create.

So, 14 clicks. The horror that those 3 extra clicks that is the extended options we get! (Or 2 less clicks than the bug that I haven't gotten since the patch would require)

You are right, it does default to 700 for NM4.  Which is strange since the maps themselves are rated iPWR 800-1100.  Still, I'm beating some NM4 maps just fine with iPWR 600-650 gear.  I'd prefer if private games didn't have any iPWR limit by default.

Before I only had to select private once after installing the game on a new computer.  It would then remember the setting across any number of maps and even across restarting the game.

I'm not sure which bug you are talking about and why you listed so many difficulty changes.  I've never had to do that.

You are comparing the worst case scenario where you have to adjust every setting.  The mode and difficulty settings were (and still are I think) retained across maps so only need to be set when you actually want to change them.  The best case scenario for an NM4 map with the old UI was:

1. Click map table
  2. Click the map I want to play
  3. Click "find match"

New UI:

1. Click map table
  3. Click "create game"
  4. Click "private"
  5. Click the iPWR field
  6. Press the 0 key
  7. Click "create game"

So more than double the number of actions, and one of them requires using the keyboard instead of mouse.

They probably should default it to 600, just so you don't have to mess with baring people out if you don't want to.

Aside from that, the crashes from the old backend seemed to have stopped.... and I have to agree with soul, I generally click less, not more.

Even if I DID click more, it generally goes by MUCH faster. The new system still has a few quirks, but I think Trendy made an excelent improvement over what we had. Especially when it comes to helping socialize the community.

@tdb quote:

You are right, it does default to 700 for NM4.  Which is strange since the maps themselves are rated iPWR 800-1100.  Still, I'm beating some NM4 maps just fine with iPWR 600-650 gear.  I'd prefer if private games didn't have any iPWR limit by default.

Before I only had to select private once after installing the game on a new computer.  It would then remember the setting across any number of maps and even across restarting the game.

I'm not sure which bug you are talking about and why you listed so many difficulty changes.  I've never had to do that.

You are comparing the worst case scenario where you have to adjust every setting.  The mode and difficulty settings were (and still are I think) retained across maps so only need to be set when you actually want to change them.  The best case scenario for an NM4 map with the old UI was:

1. Click map table
  3. Click "find match"

New UI:

1. Click map table
  3. Click "create game"
  4. Click "private"
  5. Click the iPWR field
  6. Press the 0 key
  7. Click "create game"

So more than double the number of actions, and one of them requires using the keyboard instead of mouse.

Actually I counted it without the bug was well. Mostly just put the bug as an irritated half joke.

I've never had it remember any settings after restarting the game. So, it's always been

1. click table
2. change the mode to end game incursion
3. ^
4. ^
5. ^ this is assuming it started on freeplay, I don't remember. Pretty sure it didn't start on campaign
6. Change to nm4
7.^
8.^
9. ^
10. ^
11. Either click the map I want to play or click to page two
12/13 Click find match or click the map I want
14 click find match.

This does get cut down to 

1. click table
2. click map/page two
3. find match/click map
4. find match

after the first match. 

The new system is far superior. I'd rather have the options it gives me than matchmake into the same bastille nm4 incursion with 3 500ipwr dps waiting for a builder several times in a row to save 3 clicks.

It just takes a little getting used to, that's all. Honestly, I enjoy this new browser. Plus, they did say they have more in store for it so be on the lookout for updates!

@tdb quote:

1. Click map table
  3. Click "find match"

New UI:

1. Click map table
  3. Click "create game"
  4. Click "private"
  5. Click the iPWR field
  6. Press the 0 key
  7. Click "create game"

That ipwr rating is from before the Ascension patch/updates where gear actually dropped at those ipwr levels. I don't understand why Trendy won't get rid of those old standards & just put the correct number for the maps.

Lol, if you have to have ipwr 1000 gear to do maps that give you ipwr 700 drops, then something is clearly wrong with you :-D

The first time creating a Private Game is definitely tricky. We're looking into it. :)

You know what would be nice?  Being able to switch to public after building on a private map.  So I could build and then open up to people to come repair/DPS, just like in DD.