Sign in to follow this  
DKperfection

Current exploits vs upcoming revamp

So... As most people already know the latest patch brought a ton of rly stupidly overpowered bugs and exploits with it. Now i am fully aware that bugs are to be expected with new patches and i don't rly have any issue with people abusing whatever exploit pops up with a patch, BUT i would absolutely hate to see the new revamp of enemies be completely nullified by exploits lingering from prior patches.

So what i came here to say is that please Trendy, make absolutely sure that all the currently known overpowered exploits are gone by the time we get the revamp. Even if this means delaying the revamp thats still a lot better than destroying the revamp with OP exploits.

The 2 most important exploits im talking about are obviously the insane dmg and utility the new Storm gloves brought to the game and almost even worse, the Monk Betsy polearm passive being stackable and lasting for 10min or more.

Amen Brother DK Emoji_TNT.png

The game is ruined by the Storm gloves and Monk weapon.

Massively reduce the range of the gloves and max projectiles

Divide the betsy monk polearm duration by 100, and don't allow it to synergise with Witch Mark

I wouldn't really call the gloves an exploit. They are incredibly overpowered, but exploit is generally used, at least in reference to games, for something unintended. As far as I know the gloves aren't doing anything unintended. 

The gloves are way too good, though. If anything they should be a niche item for high attack speed builds. But, right now they are worthwhile on any build that ever uses regular attacks. They also muscle out most other builds now, more than high attack speed builds already did.

The polearm, I'd rather see a cap on the number of them and make them disappear when you swap characters. I wouldn't mind the duration being reduced also, though. As it is you only really need to place them 1-2 times a map.

Sort of come to expect things like this from TE (sadly) during EA, but you're 100% correct in you statement;

All this needs nerfing, alot, before they release the revamp. With nothing else getting in the same state.

I'm sure we've all got alot all of our hopes pinned on this revamp, literally the game is at stake with this - you mustn't fail now guys.

Here some nice stuff on top of the whole broken one.

The huntress and squire "betsy" weapon are actually good. This shows that trendy can do it if they want. They are quit strong but not that overpowered. Definitiv weapons i would recomment for normal use =).

@mindlessdefender quote:

Gloves killing enemies in spawn area i not sure if intended or not.

depends on the spawn area =). Some are protecting the enemys from damage, but then there are alot which dont protect them. So anything can hit them before they leave the spawn area (not only gloves). You can easily see this on throne room map left side. There is a secured spawn right next to one where the enemys can be damaged before leaving the spawn.

Forgot about the going through spawns thing. I'm not sure that's entirely a glove issue, though. Proton Charge beam also clips through walls/spawns. I'm sure there is other things as well. I guess it could just be the same issue with each.

@mindlessdefender quote:

Monk weapon should be changed to lasting only 10 seconds with dmg increased 10x maybe?

Pretty sure mine do like 18k on regular hits right now... You really wanna make that 180k?

@Soulstiger quote:

Forgot about the going through spawns thing. I'm not sure that's entirely a glove issue, though. Proton Charge beam also clips through walls/spawns. I'm sure there is other things as well. I guess it could just be the same issue with each.

@mindlessdefender quote:

Monk weapon should be changed to lasting only 10 seconds with dmg increased 10x maybe?

Pretty sure mine do like 18k on regular hits right now... You really wanna make that 180k?

Like said the spawn thing has not much to do with gloves. It's how the spawn is designed. Some are secure some not for the monster =).

@Soulstiger quote:
@mindlessdefender quote:

Why not, it only lasts 10sec?  Better then stacking forever doing 10mill dmg, with this u can only do what 1.2mill stacking for 10sec?

I don't know the monks secondary attack rate. But, 1.2mil seems a little excessive for just auto firing secondaries. Then again, that's what everyone does right now with the gloves.

I'd say cap the number of them you can have. Actually, that'd be annoying with them auto moving around after you reach the cap. I like being able to throw them down in different lanes, or stack them. But, capping would make doing so a pain. Unless they changed it to function like the halberd/abyss stones. But, then it'd just be another weapon like that.  I guess you could just not secondary when you've place them, but they are hard to track with no visual indicator when they aren't attacking. 

A really short duration might be the solution, but it wouldn't be very fun. 

One thing that should happen, though, is they disappear when you swap to a different hero.

As far as dealing with the over the top state of the storm gloves, for those that have missed it, here is a suggestion someone had that I thought worked beautifully.

And idk about 10x the damage.... but maybe 2x the damage, lasting only 10-30 seconds. 36k * 10 (assuming 2 atks per second with 50% chance of working. I really don't know the rate it procs anymore) is still 360k DPS as ranged AOE for a minimum-ish range based on Soul's information. And that's before his hero damage boost, storm gloves (whatever they'll end up being), and his own basic damage added on top of that.

I just really don't see a reason for making a projectile that lasts for more than 1min at the most, unless you're just asking for someone to abuse it.

i love the idea of storm gloves, giving extra dmg to just basic attack firing but they made the damage waaaaaaaaaay to strong. for the moment im just doing daily and so are all my dd2 friend on my list. game too easy at the moment/waiting on enemy revamp

Should be funny, if the revamp makes the game hard enough all the old bugs will come back to light. Mobs walking past blockades, mobs falling under the map and breaking the crystal, mobs attacking towers like flamethrower/archer that aren't supposed to be attacked. None of those ever got fixed and the only reason they aren't an issue is because everything insta dies to the overpowered towers.

Pepperidge farms remembers the frustration of holding 5 lanes solo only to have a few goblins walk past your wall and 1 shot the crystal.

yea gloves can get toned from 150% to 30% and still be usable, either way good points here +1 @trendy