Hi I have been waiting to dive into game till they were done with wipes on ps4. havent checked in awhile but are they done wiping characters and stuff on ps4?

Technically they have been done with gear and character wipes for a long time and supposedly will not do anymore. So in that regard it is safe to start playing.

However they have recently made some intentional and unintentional changes to gear that we are trying to get sorted out, so gear still may be changed and ruined a little, but not quite a wipe.

Id say go ahead and play, full on official wipes are done, just expect some changes since the game is still somehow in alpha.

From what I know there shouldn't be any more full wipes. It is still possible that your gear will be wiped or any other partial wipes may happen.

At the moment there has been a patch last week which powered up the heroes so the game is very easy at the moment. The next step will be the strategic revamp which will balance the enemies to fit the current heroes' power level.

If you are thinking about the right moment to restart playing I recommend you to keep an eye on the strategic revamp and wait until it will happen.

Wipes are very unlikely.   Rerolls  and similar restructuring will likely still happen.