Sign in to follow this  
Irisvane

inactive party members vs. overactive party members

So I just want to say something about how teamwork actually works. If you jump into a random party don't stand there and do nothing. If you are not going to build at least collect your mana and deliver it to someone who will. Secondly please stop locking in that ready button when there is people building. One person will not start the countdown but 2 will and that is annoying to the people actually trying to put in the work to drop the defenses. Today I started 2 public lobby's to do nm4 sewers to farm for storm and both times they locked in ready before we dropped the defenses and ran out of time. We didn't need more people we just thought it would be nice to let some ppl tag along for nice loot, but if its going to be like that we will stick to private matches.

sorry to say this is not somthing new... it might be fixed with further power to the host of the map, but untill then private games are the ONLY way to avoid these things....

Instead of just Public/Private game types, create a new one "Overlord". In Overlord, the overlord who started the game gets all the mana (than can drop some for someone else to build), is the only person who can g, and also controls the "play again" menus. The non-overlords can exit whenever, but have to follow the overlord's lead otherwise.

I think that would be enough to allow hosting a game that the less wise/troll/etc types can't break.

You didn't describe any overactive players. Not sure it's possible to be overactive. Readying up preemptively is just another rude, unhelpful thing that random leechers do.

Overactive would be the ones that press g immediately I'm guessing, since if you'r inactive you literally just stand there and afk. IMO

Not really, readying up preemptively isn't really "active." It's detrimental to the group and it's usually the people afking that do it. Or the dps leechers that will then complain when the build fails because the wave started a third of the way into your build. Or the over confident dps players that think they don't need the defenses. As opposed to the guys who actually don't. 

Personally, if they ready up and I'm building I'll stop building and ready. Then when we fail, ask them why they readied if they couldn't hold the wave.

@Soulstiger quote:

Not really, readying up preemptively isn't really "active." It's detrimental to the group and it's usually the people afking that do it. Or the dps leechers that will then complain when the build fails because the wave started a third of the way into your build. Or the over confident dps players that think they don't need the defenses. As opposed to the guys who actually don't. 

Personally, if they ready up and I'm building I'll stop building and ready. Then when we fail, ask them why they readied if they couldn't hold the wave.

You're my hero

Overactive people are the ones who say "your defenses suck, sell them and let me build" when in reality theirs are objectively worse.

@gigazelle quote:

Overactive people are the ones who say "your defenses suck, sell them and let me build" when in reality theirs are objectively worse.

I hate people like those. They could just inspect and know their place.

@Soulstiger quote:

People pressing G while building used to really piss me off.  But, like you (and I think DreamAnime said this before as well), I just press G now and msg "I hope you can DPS the parts I haven't built yet"  and see what happens.  

Yeah, they either learn their lesson, or rage quit. Either way works for me.

One guy actually rage quit, then joined back three times before realizing there probably wasn't any other bastille incursions he could leech off.

Actually went ahead and took the prints, cus I knew...

A map that almost nobody plays, ppl join and instantly g. Really think I'm gonna give a ... moving another inch? I just sat down and watched. Didn't take long. It gets better, since they could've built after. They didn't bother either.

Enjoy

@geo981010 quote:

Instead of just Public/Private game types, create a new one "Overlord". In Overlord, the overlord who started the game gets all the mana (than can drop some for someone else to build), is the only person who can g, and also controls the "play again" menus. The non-overlords can exit whenever, but have to follow the overlord's lead otherwise.

I think that would be enough to allow hosting a game that the less wise/troll/etc types can't break.

I prefer the model of one person controlling the map too.  I am not sure that I would pass all the controls you suggest to the one person but I particularly like the idea of the option of

• Shared/No overall host maps to start/join
  • Host control maps to start and join

That way people actively looking for a team / random experience as builder, DPSer or leacher can take their chances knowing just that and those looking to host can do so and set the rules and those looking to join a map that they could not perhaps manage themselves can do so but have to follow host rules.

I am sure there are programming, coding, capacity reasons why this cannot work but it would be great if it could