Sign in to follow this  
--E@T TH3M!--

So I heard something rather...entertaining in-game earlier.

Entered an Assault on Throne Room map and saw that the builder was (obviously) jumping on the PDT bandwagon because he placed nothing but 5 PDTs and 1 BB at the end of each lane. His build wasn't working very well - some got destroyed in the later waves, and an ogre walked right past a group and would've waltzed straight towards the core if I hadn't shot its face in. Deciding that his build needed much help, I proceeded to place a few archers at the top and bottom of the map, prompting the following response from him:

"don't place archers. assssssssssssss"

My obvious response was to sarcastically ask what's wrong with placing archers, and he says "archers ruin the PDTs". I was intrigued by this because TE had yet to implement the strategic revamp which would supposedly have enemy-tower interactions. I decided to feign naivety and repeatedly asked him how archers ruin PDTs specifically, albeit sarcastically.

He ragequit shortly after my incessant questioning.

PS: Some time before he ragequit, amidst my questioning, he actually said "my archers are better than yours". Needless to say, I burst out laughing at the irony of that statement.

The power is getting to their heads! I met a guy who only used a wall in each lane and then abused the storm gloves thing. We then lost in wave 4.

The ego! Not even using the full amount of DU. And then complaining when someone throws their own down, because they cant show off.

You could probably suggest to them private games for shenanigans like that but they cant show off like that either.

I am happy the PDT got a big bucket of love though. I used to get "is this going to work?" when people came in to my games before. Then got "sell those, I have archers" when AL came out. At least now I get "Oh look another PDT user". I consider it a step up.

@Some random guy quote:

This is the problem about noobs getting to max level to fast in any game and then dunno what they're doing.  sigh...

I don't know. I think I like it when people come into my game, see my proton nodes do 10k critical damage (really at 38k), & then immediately leave. It's like they don't understand that the game is so buggy that you can't really see the true defense stats of someone else's defense tower (sometimes you can, but it isn't consistent when you can or can't). Like, WTH Trendy!?

I'm one of those "don't build anything!!!!" guys even tho i only put walls down, cause ya know, might as well farm some gold while farming gear and towers will ruin that sweet, sweet gold farm :P

Obviously i never lose though, cause who does that? ;)

ît's more around the line of what some random guy says.

Alot people can't handle the new power. They see it probably on other person and see how well it does, so they try to copy that without understanding the meaning and mechanics behind it. This usual leads to a fail or lost map.

Like DKperfection says, there are people who doing that stuff. It is easily possible to clear maps even with just pdt (even with just 1, did it too), or only with dps and walls, or only dps without any walls. But why it works and how is what the new player don't know. Same like mandmanblazing saying, not all know the stuff, like the inspect bug when you join a map.

The mechanics of where to place a defense how the monster walk and how the walls are generating agro so monster dont passing it. Even how to shoot using the exploits and making it more efficient.

As an excample many shoot directly infront of a entrance at the entrance. This is standart behaviour for the gloves for most, thats how they see it and use it. But you actually can be way more efficent by standing close to 1-2 entrances or more shooting in the complete oposite direction towards a different lane. With that you can cover all entrances by just not shooting at the one you are close to.

Another methode is to get a huge distance between you and your target entrance, with that you can "stack" more bubbles which are hitting the enemys too, killing anything way faster then if you shoot infront of the entrance.

It's these minor details which actually can decite if a map is lost or not =).

And Archers mix well with PDT :d, so does alot. I love to always place one pdt or 2 and mix it with other stuff, usualy cc like beams, serenity, frost.

it depends on the placement of PDT

it could be better than archers in some cases

can completely spawn kill better than archers in catacombs thats for sure

@Insanity Geo quote:

it depends on the placement of PDT

it could be better than archers in some cases

can completely spawn kill better than archers in catacombs thats for sure

I know PDTs can be better than archers in some cases, but the point I was trying to pass to him was that archers doesn't 'ruin' PDT in any way. I just decided to be...subtle in passing my point across instead of outright insulting him.

@DKperfection quote:

I'm one of those "don't build anything!!!!" guys even tho i only put walls down, cause ya know, might as well farm some gold while farming gear and towers will ruin that sweet, sweet gold farm :P

You know archers can proc the hero gold bonus sphere right?

Just to make em even more OP.

@dreamanime quote:

And Archers mix well with PDT :d, so does alot. I love to always place one pdt or 2 and mix it with other stuff, usualy cc like beams, serenity, frost.

Trying new weird ass stupid looking builds that the first thing you say is : it will NEVER work, is always fun to try.    Don't really care at this point if it succeed or fail since there's not much to do in the game right now.

My goal is to make a build with one of every defense available in the game and with the Lavamancer and the Mystic on the way it will be even more crazy to do.

@Some random guy quote:

@dreamanime quote:

Trying new weird ass stupid looking builds that the first thing you say is : it will NEVER work, is always fun to try.    Don't really care at this point if it succeed or fail since there's not much to do in the game right now.

My goal is to make a build with one of every defense available in the game and with the Lavamancer and the Mystic on the way it will be even more crazy to do.

Gonna be a lot of walls ;P There's already 5.

@Soulstiger quote:

@Some random guy quote:

@dreamanime quote:

And alot of mana to build every type of def :d. Mmmh sounds interesting tho.

@dreamanime quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@Some random guy quote:

@dreamanime quote:

Eh, not anymore than a normal build will it? Biggest offenders will be the Colossus and The Weapon Manufacturer so far.

@Soulstiger quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@Some random guy quote:

@dreamanime quote:

Eh, not anymore than a normal build will it? Biggest offenders will be the Colossus and The Weapon Manufacturer so far.

well the gunwitch helps greatly at not increasing the overall mana needed at last :D. How much mana is all different defense types? (I am to tired to count it now :_D). Can you build everything on gates or do you need already a bigger map?

Uh... not sure I could even name all the mana costs without checking in game. But, let's go.

Squire
Canonball:
Spike Blockade: 30
Harpoon:
Training Dummy: 20

Apprentice
Fireball Tower:
Magic Blockade: 20
Frosty: 30
Earthshatter:

Monk
Lightning Aura: 30
Boost Aura: 40
Serenity Aura: 20
Skyguard: 50

Huntress:
Explosive Trap: 20
Geyser:
Poison Dart Trap:
Blaze Balloon:

Abyss Lord
Orc: 40
Ramster: 60
Archer: 40
Colossus: 80

Ev2
Proton Beam: 20+(10 x "number of nodes")
Reflect Beam:
Buff Beam: wanna say the minimum is 60
Weapon Manufacturer:

Feel free to fill in/correct whatever ;)

Honestly impressed I remembered all the defenses. PDT took me quite a while to remember, lol. I'll be more impressed if I got them in the right order...

@Soulstiger quote:

Uh... not sure I could even name all the mana costs without checking in game. But, let's go.

Squire
Canonball: -30- (unsure of heavy cannonball tower cost; don't have uber, lol)
Spike Blockade: 30
Harpoon: -40-
Training Dummy: 20

Apprentice
-"Flameburst" ("Flamethrower" with uber)- Tower: -40-

-"Arcane"- Blockade: 20
Frosty: 30
Earthshatter: -50-

Monk
Lightning Aura: 30
Boost Aura: 40
Serenity Aura: 20
Skyguard: 50

Huntress:
Explosive Trap: 20
Geyser: -30-
Poison Dart Trap: -40-
Blaze Balloon: -50-

Abyss Lord
Orc: 40
Ramster: 60
Archer: 40
Colossus: 80

Ev2
Proton Beam: 20+(10 x "number of nodes")
Reflect Beam: -I think it's 40 + 20 x "number of nodes"
Buff Beam: wanna say the minimum is 60 -(it's 30 +30 x "number of nodes")-
Weapon Manufacturer:

Feel free to fill in/correct whatever ;)

Honestly impressed I remembered all the defenses. PDT took me quite a while to remember, lol. I'll be more impressed if I got them in the right order...

Filled in what I knew & thought I knew. Hope it helped!

You won't ever get rid of people with that behaviour. Sadly.

Some time ago I was playing Little Horn Valley several times and it was rather easy. Until a guy joined, ignored the lanes and complained about the build and lost his lane because he 'won't repair sich a bad build.

The vote kick failed because the other players were not reading the chat.

@Lumirend quote:

The power is getting to their heads! I met a guy who only used a wall in each lane and then abused the storm gloves thing. We then lost in wave 4.

The ego! Not even using the full amount of DU. And then complaining when someone throws their own down, because they cant show off.

You could probably suggest to them private games for shenanigans like that but they cant show off like that either.

I do this with my friends, it's much faster than building. Literally shoot at the ground and tab out, orbs go from lane to lane wiping every monster out lol ..

@Some random guy quote:

@DKperfection quote:

Through the explosion or hitting things? Mine don't seem to do that.

Meanwhile I'm here, doing some dragonfall entrance maps with traps just for the old times.

PDT are as retarded as archers. Hell, you can instantly spawn kill mobs with it if you add serenity like you'd add insult to injury. Managed to kill a 5M HP ogre inside a spawn in entrance like 2 days ago. If that isn't dumb, I don't know what is.

My new way of having fun in DD2 is killing as many mobs as I can inside the spawns, how sad is that...

@Some random guy quote:

@DKperfection quote:

really? 100% on that?

@Rebel Gnome quote:

Meanwhile I'm here, doing some dragonfall entrance maps with traps just for the old times.

PDT are as retarded as archers. Hell, you can instantly spawn kill mobs with it if you add serenity like you'd add insult to injury. Managed to kill a 5M HP ogre inside a spawn in entrance like 2 days ago. If that isn't dumb, I don't know what is.

My new way of having fun in DD2 is killing as many mobs as I can inside the spawns, how sad is that...

I bet Trendy just suck at logic when it comes to alpha, if they really wanted people to heavily play their games they would use an employee who didn't fail math every year of his life to keep it balanced.

I normally see special interest people who played alot of dd1 actually enjoying the games state, but new players normally freak out when I show them the strenght of items and heroes or comparison between some items. Lets just say they don't play the game for long and feel let down by Trendy. 

I have talked to over 400 players over my time here on teamspeak and people on my friends list ask me constantly if it's worth logging on after each update, buy I mean what should I say? You one shoot everything and can just afk all the defence, challange and onslaught maps?

Wait for revamp phase 2 when phase 1 don't make any sense?

Wait for storm gloves and monk polearm to get nerfed? 

Wait for carnival to be released with 750 gear for 2500 per spin and a max ipwr legendary at 18k gold on average per legendary? And it will last for a whole month!

Just put down arcane barriers in every lane, as many as you can fit, cus they just slam the monsters down..

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

@Some random guy quote:

@DKperfection quote:

really? 100% on that?

If they do thats yet another bug with the new patch, they used to proc it just like hearty harpoons used to, but trendy fixed that a while back so archers and harpoons couldnt proc it anymore. My archers never proc it even though i constantly use the sphere that should proc it, so i really doubt archers actually still proc gold drops.

While we're on the topic of bad players (which really isn't on-topic at all), I just got done with a disastrous wyvern's den run. It was a miracle we even completed the map.

The builder spammed 90% of his archers on the tree stumps right in front of betsy's platform, so I thought oh hey, he must have put them there to snipe at her before we kick her face in when she flies to the back!

Wrong.

Come boss wave, he and another egghead run right up to right side of map and proceed to EV2 laz0r betsy's face, prompting a full-on destruction of all archers on that side of the map. His response? "OW. I totally forgot betsy could do that...". The other person's response after myself and the other guy called them out on their stupidity? "Haven't played this map in forever. Don't really care."

They are both ipwr 700+.

@sozieqt quote:
Just put down arcane barriers in every lane, as many as you can fit, cus they just slam the monsters down..

That actually works for other things? Griblock, about 8 blockades in a row with just enough spacing in between and some Frost Towers for anti-air. Sure you have to replace half or 3/4 of the blocks after each wave... but you don't even upgrade them.