Easy Difficulty no more available?

Hi all,

I started playing the game since a few days.

Since the witch update and the menu change, I have the impression that what was Easy Mode (as well as Campaign) are not available.

I explain what I see, tell me if I'm wrong. It seems that  Easy was the first choice available in the menu and their mention have disappear to be replaced by "Any'. But if you select that "Any", and see what level are available, one can see low level iPWR requirement.

But on that "Any", the "join game" button cannot be reached as if the game thought that something has not be selected.

Am I correct?

If so, it would be cool for new players to make Easy available... thanks :)

I'm having trouble following you unfortunately, probably because I can't see the game menu at the moment. I wouldn't worry about difficulty choices in the menu anyway. You should be primarily focused on ipwr requirements and drops (in which you seem to be somewhat familiar with). Just create or join the highest level ipwr you can with an ipwr drop that is higher than what you have equipped to progress. Hope this helps.

@Nylim quote:

Am I correct?

Yes.

Don't worry too much about easy difficulty being deleted. Since the last patch the four base heroes are a lot stronger so you shouldn't have too much problems if you are used to play on easy.

Some time later the strategic revamp comes so the current situation about difficulties will change anyway.

Hm.

What I'm saying is that there is map that I can't access in what was easy mode (so map with very low iPWR requirements).

Here are two screen shots that will make it understandable I hope:

Dungeon%20Defenders%20II_20160710182613.

Here is what I see when I select "Defense" and "Any" ("Easy" don't appear in the menu). The iPWR Range correspond to the Easy mode, but the button "Create Game" cannot be reach, so I can't play on it.

Dungeon%20Defenders%20II_20160710182639.

Here is what I see when I select "Defense" and "Normal". This time, the "Create Game" is reachable and I can play on it.

But maybe I am the only one that have this problem?

By the way, I have no problem to play on higher difficulty level, and I can progress, kill and drop things, don't worry. The thing is that I can't discover the lasts maps on the lower difficulty. If I was starting the game right now, I would have to start straight on Normal mode, that would be hard to start!

Thanks for your time :)

@Dreizehn quote:

@Nylim quote:

Am I correct?

Yes.

Don't worry too much about easy difficulty being deleted. Since the last patch the four base heroes are a lot stronger so you shouldn't have too much problems if you are used to play on easy.

Some time later the strategic revamp comes so the current situation about difficulties will change anyway.

Okay !

Just one last weird thing (at least I find this weird):

Is that normal if the maps "The Dead Road", "Temple of the Necrotic", "Unholy Catacombs" and "Buried Bastille" are available in "Hard" but not in "Normal"?

If yes, thank you for helping a poor guy that see odd things everywhere :P

"Campaign" mode is now replaced with "Defense" mode, but it's basically still the same. But now everything except Challenges and Onslought is the same mode now, no more campaign - free play - end game...

"Any" is another word for "all" and therefore just means, that it lists maps of all difficulties. So it makes sense that you can't create a game with all difficulties ;)

(You can also see this on your screenshot, it shows you a map with "normal" and one with "expert" difficulty when you have "any" selected).

I think the "easy" difficulty was removed. The easiest before the update was also campaign - normal, only the free play mode had an "easy" difficulty, endgame also started with normal, like campaign. So they just removed it, because it was not needed anymore with the removal of free play mode. The easiest difficulty stayed the same before and after the update - campaign (now defense) normal.

I think that the four maps you mentioned are not listed in "normal" may be because they only were available in free play mode in the past, as they weren't part of the campaign. But it does look like a bug, because Trendy also sayed that they want to make everything available in every difficulty (like the new Challenges).
 So expect these to be also added to normal difficulty with a future update to correct this.

Thanks for your answers!

So finally, it looks more or less logic.

I've verified, the last four maps are not available in "Normal" wherever I try.

The only thing strange remaining is the iPWR recommendation listed in the "Any" section, but this could be considered as a graphical bug, somehow.