Sign in to follow this  
Kumasan

Does the Speedy Harpoon passive still exists?

id like to know this too, all my items with speedy harpoon lost their speedy harpoon effect, been playing for 3 days trying to farm squire gear, especially that splody harpoon sword trying to get it to roll speedy harpoon on it too like my sword use to have, but im not even noticing speedy harpoon on any items anymore.

I want my harpoon builds back, squire has more than just a stupid wall you know trendy, i miss my harpoons DX

so no ones seen the speedy harpoon passive yet? no one?

Trendy devs/mods/admins, please dont tell us you removed this passive, please. Harpoons suck as they were, i thought, maybe since you buffed it by a measely 30%, then maybe, maybe it might be viable for nm4 finally if you get a full fledged harpoon build, sure it might not be best, leave some room for dps to have fun. But if you removed the speedy harpoon passive ... then it's worthless, that was one of the only 2 harpoon passives that were worth anything.

And black arrow .. that effect was near worthless, a 30% chance, CHANCE, to do 20% more damage, cool, neat, but, that 30% chance makes it kinda negligible, unreliable, which on a tower that shoots slow as malasus, i mean, my god, mines trigger faster than that god awefully slow thing, you cant have room for unreliable things like that, but then you go the extra mile and nerf the dmg bonus to 2%? you may as well remove black arrow and gives us back our speed harpoon, i beg you! D:

the range of the thing isnt worth anything if it doesnt have the dps to back it up. Trendy, did we do something in the game or previous games to make you hate the harpoon? did we do something to make you think that harpoons should be trashed and worthless?

I honestly want to know, id like to see a dec come here and tell us why they removed speedy and nerfed black arrow and want harpoon to suck and explain why. That, or someone, please come in telling us you found a speedy harpoon passive, and if you can, where you got it, cause if it's a special tali drop or something you can only get on this or that map, please, tell me. I love the harpoon, i dont wanna see it become the most worthless tower in the entire game like it's starting to become D:

#HopeForTheHarpoon :(

i may seem noob for this, but i thought medalion and totem was the same thing? lol

that 5th armor slot where the accessory goes lol

and i would totally accept the speedy harpoon if it still exists, even on that accessory, i miss my speedy harpoon, want it back D:

@Jojozityjo quote:

i may seem noob for this, but i thought medalion and totem was the same thing? lol

They're an accessory, but each is different. Medallions gives you Defense Power and Totems give you Defense Health. And you also have Rings which give you Ability Power!

i never really knew there was specifically a difference like that, i just figured the medalion, totem, ring thing was just for icon decor lol

@Jojozityjo quote:

you are actually.

before patch speedy harpoon passive only spawned on sword and totem (primary stat is dh) and never spawn on any mediation (primary stat is dp) nor any other type relic.

the speedy harpoon passive on my sword and totem has been removed after patch.

RIP speedy harpoon

- I doubt it's part of the current meta, but I like using the splodey harpoons in certain situations as a dual-purpose lane / anti-air defense, since their range-of-effect 'spread' seems to be incredibly wide now (and they do decent dmg with the recent patch as well), meaning you can pretty easily have them facing such that they'll hit both a ground & air lane

@whaaaah quote:

the speedy harpoon passive on my sword and totem has been removed after patch.

RIP speedy harpoon

With one hand Trendy giveth, and with the other he taketh away. Thou shalt not simply receiveth a buff and becometh as strong as the new Heroes, thou shalt scarifieseth gear for your 30% buff!

Remember, it is critically important that trendy is extremely careful with buffing old heroes such as the monk, apprentice and squire... any tiny over buff would be catastrophic! over buffing and retard play is only for the abyss lord, EV2, Huntress turrets, the witch guy and some random gloves....

If say speedy harpoon still existed, or the 30% chance to do extra damage was anymore then 2.5% or Lightning Auras did oh I dont know 2k more dps... the world would literally ***ing end. Thank you Trendy for stopping Armageddon.

Lets not forget, these mediocre buffs have saved the meta, so when joining public games there is no chance of you getting confused by the myriad of different defense types, but rather you will be safe in the knowledge only beams and archers will be visible from you to the horizon.

I liked Splody being based on DH though. That meant my 'wall' squire could do walls and DPS towers. It was the only hero that could build walls and DPS. Black Arrow with 30% of 20% = 6% increase. About the best you can say about it, better than nothing.

Overall though, isn't it far better than before?

apparently squire doesnt have crap anymore, trendy apparently wants him to be a waller and only a waller, never anything else, ever.

Splody harpoon is all it has apparently, which, yeah, is nice, and effective, but still doesnt make the harpoon even considerable for a nm4 build like archers or pdts or even frosty mines can sometimes be. They more like "oh i got some extra DU to throw around, okay screw it, slap a harpoon cause it looks cool and might be able to pick off stragglers" lol

Hey trendy .. thanks for the options like you claim to want us to have! ..... -.-

Trendy is pretty arrogant about their game, they also make it as unbalanced as dd1, hope they hire someone who passed math at school to take charge of balancing towers and heroes. LOL.

@Jojozityjo quote:

apparently squire doesnt have crap anymore, trendy apparently wants him to be a waller and only a waller, never anything else, ever.

Splody harpoon is all it has apparently, which, yeah, is nice, and effective, but still doesnt make the harpoon even considerable for a nm4 build like archers or pdts or even frosty mines can sometimes be. They more like "oh i got some extra DU to throw around, okay screw it, slap a harpoon cause it looks cool and might be able to pick off stragglers" lol

Hey trendy .. thanks for the options like you claim to want us to have! ..... -.-

He can clear Bastille NM4 incursion though :D

i cleared it with monk AA, SA, then builder squire + waller squire.

I wanted a waller squire, now I can't do that because hearty blockade is only on totems, I wanted to turn him into a harpoon squire, now I can't do that either. So I turned him into a warlock kind of build with high health and ability power, put a drakin shield and unholy fire sword on him and tank everything.

@Irisvane quote:

I wanted a waller squire, now I can't do that because hearty blockade is only on totems, I wanted to turn him into a harpoon squire, now I can't do that either. So I turned him into a warlock kind of build with high health and ability power, put a drakin shield and unholy fire sword on him and tank everything.

Exactly what I did too haha