Sign in to follow this  
Xenogenics

Project Passives List

Hello there, I'm currently doing a project from scratch to create a database with all the in-game passives in it.

You can help me by right-clicking on a cell and inserting a comment with relevant information, and I will be able to input the information and mark the comment as resolved.

Link below to database is below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ASxO7dozMkjCDH7YL1TjCNT_lDaBFyRutTIV2DPQ4xc/edit?usp=sharing

Please do help me out, and refrain for trolling.

If you require edit access, please PM me your email for verification purposes.

Just go copy mine and update it will ya?  If someone wants to maintain the passive list, you have my blessing

@Xenogenics quote:

I'll take some data from your form thanks, but I'm not going to copy it.

No, I'm saying I can send you the entire document to use.  Straight up make a copy on googledocs and cut out the goodbye message and send it your way to save on your own googledocs and maintain.  I'm more than happy to fill in missing holes that require a few minutes of my time, but I can't keep pulling all-nighters the night before a patch goes live every 2 weeks.  It's just more than I'm willing to give for something that means so little to me.

Ideally, I'd like to just hand out owner permissions on what I have and let a few dedicated people keep it going and occasionally fill in the unknowns or correct any caps that aren't quite right.  But only one person til you has shown any interest in dedicating themselves to this.  If your heart really is in it for keeping the info available and up to date for the playerbase, that's good enough for me.  It's why I started it, it's why I kept going even after the game became something I didn't really enjoy anymore.

Just lately, the motivation has been sucked dry thanks to the heavy amounts of changes.  It was so much more manageable when it was a few things every few weeks, but lately the frequency and amount of new content is happening so quickly that it's hard to convince someone to leave a special dev build up for me THAT often and even harder to get the proper documentation to verify when so much is happening and changing on a daily basis.

Suit yourself.  I offered to give you everything I had and help when I could find the time.  I just can't be doing it all anymore especially when everyone expects it fully done and ready the very second server maintenance starts.

Iamisom is going to be giving us all this info officially, see the wiki thread. https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/136297/upcoming-patch-desperate-wiki

We'll be adding it to the wiki afterward, and the patch notes thereafter will contain specific changes so the wiki can be kept updated.

I do find it odd that you ask for help yet reject it. The 2 docs could be merged quite handily.

@Sen quote:

Iamisom is going to be giving us all this info officially, see the wiki thread. https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/136297/upcoming-patch-desperate-wiki

We'll be adding it to the wiki afterward, and the patch notes thereafter will contain specific changes so the wiki can be kept updated.

I do find it odd that you ask for help yet reject it. The 2 docs could be merged quite handily.

Yes but you do know that list of things you gave him is quite a feat to accomplish right? it will take him some time to compile all that data.

Its okay, with the help of the community, I have already compiled approximately 90% of the passives list that players can currently use and they don't have to wait for the official statement.

@Xenogenics quote:

@Sen quote:

Yes but you do know that list of things you gave him is quite a feat to accomplish right? it will take him some time to compile all that data.

Its okay, with the help of the community, I have already compiled approximately 90% of the passives list that players can currently use and they don't have to wait for the official statement.

Yes, it will take them a while to compile it. The good thing is that it will be complete.

@Insanity Geo quote:

we wouldnt have this dilemma if they bothered to let us view the source code

You keep harping on this. Why? The first rule of software development security is that your code does not leave the building (unless you're going open source, of course). Even if certain players signed an NDA, it is still a large security hole and opens the game up to hacks and the company and its investors up to bad PR. There is no legit reason to expect any company - especially one in a highly competitive field - to show their source code.