Sign in to follow this  
BarefootNate

Best Broom Shot Pattern/Type and Shots per sec?

dTZBUBu.png

EDIT: added pic I made

For those of you already sporting 750+ ILVL on your level 50 GunWitch.

I know I'm not the only one.

What is the best type of shot and shots per sec you found on a broom?

EDIT: Answered my own question by finding and playing with all types.

Compiled SS of all of them into this pic.

Personally like the Controlled Burst III the best, for Auto Attack build.

Controlled burst 1-3 at 2.5/s as well as the hammer 1-3 at the same rate as the Rail Round..only diffrence is Rail Round has a small PBAOE to it as Hammer is just a single target shot. If you want to go pure auto attack crit/hero damage I found the Controlled Burst 1-3 is amazing specially since the gun witches Crit scaling is through the dang roof. My auto attacks hitting for like 10k (granted I am not anywhere near 750+ ILVL) and critting for close to 50-60k with her Crit damage scaling.

Edit: Actually I stand corrected...about 10k regular shot and close to 35k on a crit....still a pretty big increase though

@[TFGL] Za Solani quote:

Controlled burst 1-3 at 2.5/s as well as the hammer 1-3 at the same rate as the Rail Round..only diffrence is Rail Round has a small PBAOE to it as Hammer is just a single target shot. If you want to go pure auto attack crit/hero damage I found the Controlled Burst 1-3 is amazing specially since the gun witches Crit scaling is through the dang roof. My auto attacks hitting for like 10k (granted I am not anywhere near 750+ ILVL) and critting for close to 50-60k with her Crit damage scaling.

Edit: Actually I stand corrected...about 10k regular shot and close to 35k on a crit....still a pretty big increase though

Wow! nice.

Haven't found a hammer shot yet on legendary broom, still looking.

Found one, also found Double Tap 2. 
Feels like shotgun with 3 bullets, only accurate up close.

Yeah I noticed crit scaling is insane.

@BarefootNate quote:

@[TFGL] Za Solani quote:

Wow! nice.

Haven't found a hammer shot yet on legendary broom, still looking.

Found one, also found Double Tap 2. 
Feels like shotgun with 3 bullets, only accurate up close.

Yeah I noticed crit scaling is insane.

Ya I am not to big of a fan of the Double tap shot types myself....my fav are Hammer for sniper shot build (with the sphere that causes sniper shot to increase the next auto attack damage by 50%) and Controlled Burst for Auto attack build

@[TFGL] Za Solani quote:
@BarefootNate quote:
@[TFGL] Za Solani quote:

Ya I am not to big of a fan of the Double tap shot types myself....my fav are Hammer for sniper shot build (with the sphere that causes sniper shot to increase the next auto attack damage by 50%) and Controlled Burst for Auto attack build

Yep I agree completely. I don't like the Double Tap at all.
Damage is amazing but you have to be fairly close to hit anything.
It's not like a pattern spread with an apprentice weapon.
It's all over the place, every shot is different.

After some playing around with each, my favorite is definitely the Controlled Burst, fast and accurate.

Auto-Attack build fits my playstyle much more than sniping. 
I like being fast and mobile, running between enemies while attacking.
I didn't care for the EV2 Proton Charge playstyle either, where you plant yourself in one place. A Sniping Build seems like a similar playstyle to that.

To each their own, I'm glad there are different builds for GunWitch.
Curious to see what DPS numbers people can push with each.

Anybody figured out a good two at twice the price build? I'm guessing it scales of ability power, not crit? With focus fire passives and cooldown sphere?

Right now I'm seeing about 760k with dragolich, a blue weapon, and only one 4% focus fire passive. And it's pretty fun to watch. Just not sure what the best build around it at this point is. Would be awesome if it worked with a hero crit build, to be the ultimate run and gunner.

I cut and pasted screenshots of all the broom shot types in Paint.

I'm no Pro photoshopper so take it easy one me. squire_small.png

I'll post a copy up top of post also. 

Enjoy.

dTZBUBu.png

And as I suspected, the community is oblivious to how great double tap actually is.  I give it a week or two before someone figures it out though.

@roboticaust quote:

And as I suspected, the community is oblivious to how great double tap actually is.  I give it a week or two before someone figures it out though.

Standing 2 feet from a training dummy while not moving, double tap has amazing damage numbers.
But I'd rather be able to shoot accurately and further away, even if I lose DPS.

Double Tap I crit scaling, demonstrated with hero crit salve.

Gunwitchdps.png?dl=0

No other weapon type comes close, even Double Tap II is about 50k less dps

@Otterman quote:

[snip pic]

Yep, that's pretty crazy.
That's easily enough spray to solo a lane.

I haven't found a broom worth upgrading yet, hopefully tmrw. 
Thanks for the SS.

EDIT: Safe to assume this is with Storm Gloves?

@Otterman quote:

Gunwitchdps.png?dl=0

Hmmm....that's actually pretty dang beastly...I just dont like the up close and personal type of play style and the whole spray and pray shot gun types aren't really my style. I mean I could end up giving it a try but I like my staying back so I don't accidentally get sat on by an ogre play style even if it is lower dps XD

@BarefootNate quote:
@Otterman quote:

[snip pic]

Thanks for the SS.

Actually...It's not, though I presume that with the way storm gloves works, it wouldn't proc too often as it would be linked to the 1.3 attacks per second and not the number of projectiles?

@Otterman quote:

@BarefootNate quote:
@Otterman quote:

[snip pic]

Thanks for the SS.

Actually...It's not, though I presume that with the way storm gloves works, it wouldn't proc too often as it would be linked to the 1.3 attacks per second and not the number of projectiles?

I believe that's how it works...I have a pair of them on my gun witch right now and I use the Controlled burst broom with it...the Double Tap 1 doesn't proc it as much as the Double Tap 3 with a 2/s does.

@Otterman quote:

@roboticaust quote:

It's also worth noting, some of her stuff doesn't crit properly on dummies.  If you were to use that salve with that shot type in a normal match your results would be more impressive.

But alas, everyone would rather argue I'm wrong until someone else comes along and goes "hey look, he's right".  So much cute :)

That's the forum for any game though, I posted a thread here a while ago when I got my Huntress Elemental chaos trap to 18% tripwire and 4 DP off the cap at the time and people still responded just to tell me how I'm doing it wrong (somehow)

Back in dde when they added autosell, I made a post about how it was possible to generate several million gold an hour while afk and got flamed to high heaven til people did the math on test runs of embermount.  Communities always been hostile, but it's slightly more amusing when you're part of the RQA team and know better beforehand and people still argue lol

@Otterman quote:

@BarefootNate quote:
@Otterman quote:

[snip pic]

Thanks for the SS.

I just made a new post about the gloves, go take a look.