So highest % roll items are not rerolled into the highest?

Hey Community.

I've heard from many of my friends (Have not checked myself cus I had problems opening the game after update #Blackscreen) that the gear they have which was maxed % bonus stats were totally randomized to the new value range.

Lets say you have a relic with 25% hearty blockade and so do all of your friends but then they change the value range from 20-25% to 20-40% or somthing.

One friend have 24%, the other get 34% and another 39%.

What is up with this?

Lol mine was 25% and now its 22%. Sad day.

@Sunny quote:

Lol mine was 25% and now its 22%. Sad day.

My karma vortex gloves had 15%, went down to 13.

My squire relic had 25%, went to 30, while other people had as high as 38%.

I don't understand, might as well wipe those pieces -_-'

Its unfair that people have already farmed for gear that is maxed and the values of that gear end up changing. It should be according to what you have randomized into the specific armour piece.

Not stealth per se. They did mention the reroll and so we are not surprised. See you in Onslaught? ^-^

@Fozzie quote:

Looks like a stealth wipe?

Pretty much what it is, new stat system so reroll everything. 

Basically made all that gear from the wheel pointless except to help people get into easy Ilvl 700 content

We mentioned this in our Upcoming Hero Balance Changes a few weeks ago:

"To those asking about the reroll:  If that passive is removed, your current passive will be rerolled to a new passive. If that passive is remaining but is getting changed, the reroll will update your passive to the new system. The reroll will give you a random value than what you currently have (either higher or lower)."

Also mentioned in Dev Log 77 on June 29th:

"As part of our hero buffs, we're updating some of our old passives to a new system, removing some passives and combining others into a single passive on a single item. As a result, we will be rerolling a number of passives. If the passive is getting updated to a new system, the value will be rerolled to either a higher or lower number than what you currently have. If the passive is being removed, it will be rerolled into another passive of a similar type (so if it’s a defense passive, it’ll be rolled to another defense passive). Here’s a tentative list of which passives will be affected, but keep in mind this list isn’t final. The end result should be that the four original heroes are on par with the new heroes, giving you more defense setup variety. From there, we’re working on changes in future updates to make the game more challenging and rewarding!"

@stuffymonster quote:

Basically made all that gear from the wheel pointless except to help people get into easy Ilvl 700 content

Not totally because some passives remain unchanged. But yeah, the majority of builders' passives got updated so I guess it cleared a lot of wheel gears.

@stuffymonster quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Looks like a stealth wipe?

Not like everyone do nm4 allready?

Everyone on my stream friends list can easilly build any nightmare 4 map and afk.

It took me 24 hours to beat my first nightmare 4 map on my solo account including campaign 8 hours and leveling 4 heroes 8 hours. Before shared deck experience, EV2, AL and Resistance removal.

Impact.teamspeak.de is open for anyone to join, I'd gladly explain the key from nm3 to nm4 other than gear a frosty power apprentice frost tower builder cus that is the most important part.

Yeah they kinda announced it so im not surprised with that.

What im more surprised about is, are there people who managed to play the new patch already?

@iamisom quote:

"To those asking about the reroll:  If that passive is removed, your current passive will be rerolled to a new passive. If that passive is remaining but is getting changed, the reroll will update your passive to the new system. The reroll will give you a random value than what you currently have (either higher or lower)."

"As part of our hero buffs, we're updating some of our old passives to a new system, removing some passives and combining others into a single passive on a single item. As a result, we will be rerolling a number of passives. If the passive is getting updated to a new system, the value will be rerolled to either a higher or lower number than what you currently have. If the passive is being removed, it will be rerolled into another passive of a similar type (so if it’s a defense passive, it’ll be rolled to another defense passive). Here’s a tentative list of which passives will be affected, but keep in mind this list isn’t final. The end result should be that the four original heroes are on par with the new heroes, giving you more defense setup variety. From there, we’re working on changes in future updates to make the game more challenging and rewarding!"

Would it be possible to change this?

It's 2016 and I'd like to keep the gear I've been really dedicated to achieve, not gaining a randomized roll.

We understand this iamisom, but you guys should take in consideration how some players have spent dozens/hundreds of hours farming that specific gear, so you guys would throw that gameplay out the window. We also understand that this is alpha and you're entitled to do whatever you think it's best course of action for the game's future. But I think you're focusing too much in the game becoming appealing to new players instead of trying to keep the already loyal players happy. At least a tiny bit. Seeing 400 game hours of mine going to sh!t just makes me wanna leave. That was semi-wipe, no matter what you say. Not fair to have maxed passives in 4-5 items rerolling into the biggest crap on that one item that matters.

It's a bit sad.

@sozieqt quote:

@iamisom quote:

It's 2016 and I'd like to keep the gear I've been really dedicated to achieve, not gaining a randomized roll.

How is this any different then raising the level cap?

It just means that you have to refarm items which is actually the scope of the game (to a certain degree).

And specially for you as the leader of the DD2 Elites it shouldn be a problem to get those high roll legendaries

@Rebel Gnome quote:

We understand this iamisom, but you guys should take in consideration how some players have spent dozens/hundreds of hours farming that specific gear, so you guys would throw that gameplay out the window. We also understand that this is alpha and you're entitled to do whatever you think it's best for the course of action for the game's future. But I think you're focusing too much in the game becoming appealing to new players instead of trying to keep the already loyal players happy. At least a tiny bit. Seeing 400 game hours of mine going to sh!t just makes me wanna leave. That was semi-wipe, no matter what you say. Not fair to have maxed passives in 4-5 items rerolling into the biggest crap on that one item that matters.

It's a bit sad.

I've put 500 euro into this game to contribute to their game idea also put 1000 hours into my 15 heroes gear.

The time does not consern me, but the fact that you would swap my gears stats roll randomized, just like that. Not introduce new items so I would rather grind for that, but you just randomized the power of my current tower constructing kit.

I feel this is a way to piss people off, lets not forget that the game started to be afk after the waves resistance became removed.

I expected this and it was (unfortunately) also necessary. That's why I stopped farming gear months ago and only drop by to play a few maps for the matter of fun without trying to gear myself. Before the strategic revamp has fully finished I won't even think about 'serious' farming.

The only stuff I'm farming now is defender medals. Now and then. So actually you can't call that farming either.

@Jothi92 quote:

@sozieqt quote:

@iamisom quote:

How is this any different then raising the level cap?

It just means that you have to refarm items which is actually the scope of the game (to a certain degree).

And specially for you as the leader of the DD2 Elites it shouldn be a problem to get those high roll legendaries

You want me to imagine that this is a new level cap? Just go back on Onslaught and be challanged?

@sozieqt quote:

You want me to imagine that this is a new level cap? Just go back on Onslaught and be challanged?

Id suggest to wait for the enemy revamp until farming for perfect gear again, since then the game will be more challenging (if not its dead so it kinda has to be) and thus more rewarding, at least for me.

From what ive seen of your posts you would also like the game to be harder, so either grind a game that is taking forever with near to no rewarding feelings, or wait for the devs to bring their imagination of how endgame should look like and decide then.

Every time I even consider coming back to this game in some way I see that they are wiping/changing all of the gear that people have farmed, and never do, there's just no point if they keep repeatedly wiping your progress. After having my stuff wiped twice in the first year after they released on steam (I discount the official release because I knew it was going to happen) I just lost the will.

I mean no disrespect but I paid for this game over two years ago and its still not in a fit state, I feel really bad for people that put in maybe hundreds of hours to have that effort thrown away in a patch and random roll of the dice. Again.

I paid for it as well and don't mind at all :D Playing games is fun ayyyy.

I got my entire serenity aura monk completely destroyed, went from having full 15% gear to having 1 piece with 15% on it, this update will make me quit the game for quite some time again, mostly because most of my chars got completely screwed over by the update, went from like 120% hearty blockades to 25% among other things. This annoys me mostly because I farmed all of this gear in the weeks before bling king being released...