Using defender medals as an option to upgrade items should go.

I haven't used defender medals and I'm not going to but the option of using defender medals to upgrade should go, simple as that. Defender medals may be super easy for some to farm but others mostly rely on quests, and so defender medals are quite important, so why would anyone use defender medals to upgrade items? I don't want to accidentally choose defender medals to upgrade my items and so this should option should be removed. 

With the ease by which you acquire Defender Medals and the high cost of fully upgrading items I regularly use the medal upgrade button.

1.5 map runs currently to get 100 medals I don't reckon you can get 70-90K gold in the same time.

@Fozzie quote:

With the ease by which you acquire Defender Medals and the high cost of fully upgrading items I regularly use the medal upgrade button.

1.5 map runs currently to get 100 medals I don't reckon you can get 70-90K gold in the same time.

One gold farming run can easily get that amount of gold.

So it's really subjective which one is better. Imo enhancing with items shouldn't have even been a thing. At least you have the option to spend medals on it I guess.

Still, doesn't change the fact it sucks.

i havent used medals for upgrades since the option existed

i have too much gold to know what to do with

used to have 14mil, now im down to 6mil

I'm agaisnt deleting that option, but I do think something has to be reviewed here. Probably just increase the number of medals you need to upgrade something according to the upgrade level, just like it's doing with the gold. It's rather dumb to spend like 100-150k to upgrade something up to 30 out of 43 and then 500-600 medals (which is what? 2 daily? 1 weekly?) to max it. Besides, you can buy item upgrade boosters for medals at the ship already, so I really don't know how you would balance all of this.

New players won't spend medals upgrading gear, since they have plenty of things to buy with medals already, like slots, spheres, heroes... and settled players won't spend medals upgrading because we have enough gold to buy the damn ship at the tavern if it was for sale, so might as well spend it in upgrading, like @Insanity Geo said.

A bit off-topic but going by what is being discussed here, I think it would be a good idea to create (not putting something that already exists being sold for) something to buy exclusively with gold besides spheres.

Revamping the guy that sells items in the tavern so he sells 690-700 items for like 250-300k each would not be such a bad idea, instead of leaving him capped at 550 ipwr items, being pretty much useless to... everybody.

I'm fine with the option of using either currency. I think a few things make the option annoying though: 

1. They two different currencies are graphically very similar. I think the difference should be painfully obvious, and preferably informative so any person off  the street could have a reasonable chance of guessing which one is premium.

2. The hero medal option is on the right hand side, which is the default, muscle twitch, button to click for windows users

3. The numerical amounts are very similar for the first upgrade, so the difference is not obvious.

Put together, these result in occasionally (or frequently for some) spending the unintended currency. I know I dropped hero medals on the first upgrade (instead of thoughtlessly attainable 95 gold) a handful of times when they first changed it. Each time I was furious with myself and the game. If they must both be coins how about different colors? e.g. Silver vs. gold? Whatever you decide, just Make. Them. Distinct.

@Fozzie quote:

1.5 map runs  only because of 3x medals event. New dailies now gives more medals sure but more time consuming 3x maps 5x maps. Within that time 70-90k is nothing. 

Anywho they should make a small adjustment to the option of spending medals to upgrade or permanently make map give 3x medals than what it normally does. 50+ medals at least on completion of the map from begining to end(Round 1 - 5/7). 

hmm yeah I haven't used it as well, unless I accidentally hit it.

...maybe if it'still scaled increasingly for every upgrade like golds are.

ex) first upgrade can be 9 medals only.

@Shadow 1924 quote:

I haven't used defender medals and I'm not going to but the option of using defender medals to upgrade should go, simple as that. Defender medals may be super easy for some to farm but others mostly rely on quests, and so defender medals are quite important, so why would anyone use defender medals to upgrade items? I don't want to accidentally choose defender medals to upgrade my items and so this should option should be removed. 

I use most of my defender medals on item upgrade kits, even stocking them up for future content.

Why would you want it removed? Not like a casual like you would keep up to hardcore players in progressing gear after new gear is released right? Cus then we would make the game very fast progressing and nobody want that. So deal with it.

The argument that you would missclick a item upgrade kit is a joke.. Do you normally drink before playing dd2?  Could anyone at your home help to make sure the right item is selected if you have problems consentrating?

If not simply make sure you selected the right item before pressing purchase like any intellectual individual.

Please consider next time you make a self center whine post if you did somthing wrong and can improve without the game adjusting to you.

@sozieqt quote:

@Shadow 1924 quote:

I use most of my defender medals on item upgrade kits, even stocking them up for future content.

Why would you want it removed? Not like a casual like you would keep up to hardcore players in progressing gear after new gear is released right? Cus then we would make the game very fast progressing and nobody want that. So deal with it.

The argument that you would missclick a item upgrade kit is a joke.. Do you normally drink before playing dd2?  Could anyone at your home help to make sure the right item is selected if you have problems consentrating?

If not simply make sure you selected the right item before pressing purchase like any intellectual individual.

Please consider next time you make a self center whine post if you did somthing wrong and can improve without the game adjusting to you.

Do you have to be rude in every post you make? You call him self centered and imply he's stupid because he apparently uses the wrong items to upgrade his gear? Almost everything you post is self-centered and you didn't even read his post correctly, maybe you should have someone at home help make sure you understand what you're commenting on?

I've used the option a couple times.  Just seemed worthwhile at the time to spend the 100 medals than the 90k gold.  This option might become more useful if the jackpot passive and the medium gold spheres go away.

I disagree, I use medals for my last few levels on upgrading gears. but this is just my opinion. Leave the medal option but don't use if you don't like it. 

Its pretty obvious what button is for what, if you or your friend are going to quickly click without looking then I guess pay more attention?? (that's a horrible excuse btw for clicking on the medals button and why it should be outright removed)  Just because its harder for some to quickly acquire medals does not give reason to take that alternative method away from others that it is. Its an option not a requirement, if you feel your medals are spent better elsewhere then by all means spend them elsewhere. And i don't even spend the medals on upgrading... I simply by the item xp buff for 500 medals and then use gold for the upgrade. A choice I make based on how many medals I currently have, and the convenience factor. Not to mention if i put 5 items in to upgrade its usually 500-600 gold for first upgrade or 100 medals, that's pretty big difference if you ask me. 

So IMO leave it as it is. If you don't want to use it don't. If anything just add a confirmation box if there isn't one already like there is when you buy from the medals vendor.

Instead of realising your mistake, you'd rather scream at TE to remove an option that is perfectly fine as is? Jebus, the amount of pride oozing out from TC's post is staggering.

Know that not everybody may want to constantly switch to gold farming for fusing. You need to go out of your way to farm gold, but medal farming comes naturally when you're clearing maps and dailies. You can even buy item boosters with said medals and save some gold while you're at it.

@General Amelia quote:

@sozieqt quote:

@Shadow 1924 quote:

Do you have to be rude in every post you make? You call him self centered and imply he's stupid because he apparently uses the wrong items to upgrade his gear? Almost everything you post is self-centered and you didn't even read his post correctly, maybe you should have someone at home help make sure you understand what you're commenting on?

This is my personal opinion on the matter.

I never said stupid, but it would not be a clever move to make a thread like this, people might disagree and come up with practical solutions to help.