Sign in to follow this  
going_supersonic

Problems with other players

Trendy is there a way to put a timer for what you build in a social tavern? I've about had enough of players building useless traps or auras to take up all the build space. Than all they do is nothing and never remove any of their builds. Just an idea if it can all be possible.

I like your idea, Why should he have to go to a private just to test a tower,  theres no reason for 1 player to use all the slots, and there is players that use the slots and still there for hours.   EId say just give each person a MAX DU they can use should kill some of hte problem

@Soulstiger quote:

Also, what makes your defenses less useless?

1) Some people want to test out a tower, see its dps, dmg, new stats after an upgrade, etc. OP was referring to players that are spamming defenses and use up all the DU so it is no longer possible to place a tower to test.

2) OP used the word "unless", not "useless" ;)

I agree, Here is a SS I took which I have seen this or similar things many times, These people also insulted and belittled anybody else who was using DU (the archer and flamethrower) while bragging about how they are going to AFK in the tavern for as long as they want. There is no reason for this other then griefing, While you can go to a Private tavern, Kind of ruins a big part of DD2 the "cooperative Action Tower Defense" game.

0b6feeb355.jpg

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

1) Some people want to test out a tower, see its dps, dmg, new stats after an upgrade, etc. OP was referring to players that are spamming defenses and use up all the DU so it is no longer possible to place a tower to test.

1) Eh, doesn't make them any more unless ;) And good luck actually testing dps if you do manage to build something. You'll get through one cycle before someone decides they need to use that dummy to test what 16 of their level 1 cannon balls and 4 of their huntress friends can do to it.

2) Wow, didn't even realize, lol.

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

I like your idea, Why should he have to go to a private just to test a tower,  theres no reason for 1 player to use all the slots, and there is players that use the slots and still there for hours.   EId say just give each person a MAX DU they can use should kill some of hte problem

This would have to involve

1) Ridiculously low max, like one tower at a time

2) Lower Hub populations

3) A cap, but not low enough to actually stop people from taking it all up. This would potentially mitigate it, but most of the time several people spam towers to cap.

Why shouldn't they have to go to a private tavern test in peace? It's a public area. 

I meant useless as I'm sure you figured it out. I would want to show my towers to as many people in order to find other players that match well with mine. Maybe even giving you 600 green mana just to build one or two towers and upgrade them to max would make a difference. Not an endless amount of green mana to build the same tower 20 times. Doesn't change the outcome other than your screwed others from building and showing off dps. Remember that a private tavern only holds 4 people including yourself why'll an open social tavern can hold 20 to view your towers. It's just an idea. Also i get that someone can target the same dummy and that dps is no longer my own but combined. A person can still walk up to my tower to see the stats even if i face it away so to not target a dummy. If i wanted to build 20 cannonball towers to see its dps i can and would go into my own tavern. 

@ToxicCaterpillar quote:

I agree, Here is a SS I took which I have seen this or similar things many times, These people also insulted and belittled anybody else who was using DU (the archer and flamethrower) while bragging about how they are going to AFK in the tavern for as long as they want. There is no reason for this other then griefing, While you can go to a Private tavern, Kind of ruins a big part of DD2 the "cooperative Action Tower Defense" game.

0b6feeb355.jpg

Perfect example of useless use of DU. Thanks for sharing toxic

The rich mix that is the human race I'm afraid. If we were all like Prot from K-Pax we'd all get along in a serene social hub where everyone would help everyone else.

"You humans I'm surprised you lasted this long."

@going_supersonic quote:

Trendy is there a way to put a timer for what you build in a social tavern? I've about had enough of players building useless traps or auras to take up all the build space. Than all they do is nothing and never remove any of their builds. Just an idea if it can all be possible.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

Uhhh....yeah, mushroomcake28, he did mean useless

@going_supersonic quote:

I meant useless as I'm sure you figured it out. I would want to show my towers to as many people in order to find other players that match well with mine. Maybe even giving you 600 green mana just to build one or two towers and upgrade them to max would make a difference. Not an endless amount of green mana to build the same tower 20 times. Doesn't change the outcome other than your screwed others from building and showing off dps. Remember that a private tavern only holds 4 people including yourself why'll an open social tavern can hold 20 to view your towers. It's just an idea. Also i get that someone can target the same dummy and that dps is no longer my own but combined. A person can still walk up to my tower to see the stats even if i face it away so to not target a dummy. If i wanted to build 20 cannonball towers to see its dps i can and would go into my own tavern. 

Lol, see!?

But yeah, going_supersonic, you can inspect people's hero deck & be able to tell fairly well how high caliber a hero's defenses are. I'm sure we're all aware, but I'm not sure about the design team (Trendyent, iamisom, timmytrashtier) that the hero decks do not "refresh" for people you're in a tavern or game/map with. I mean, if someone swaps the heroes in their deck, then you cannot see/inspect the new heroes they put on their deck. You can only inspect the heroes someone had when you first joined their party or when they joined yours or whenever you all jumped into somewhere (be it a new tavern or map/session) together. Basically, whenever the game world refreshes. It's quite annoying...