Sign in to follow this  
Charr Legion

[Hero Suggestion] Talon Guard Commander

Hello Heroes,

This will be my first post in the suggestions forum introducing a new hero I have been working on for the last year. This hero is part of a massive rework/suggestion thread that I will be releasing sometime soon. I have over 18 pages I have been working on for the last 16 months or so to sift through haha.

That being said, in order to understand the values I assign to my Hero idea, you're going to need to understand what the current Tower values in the game are. To do this, I stripped all of my heroes of items/level ups/and spheres and only kept their level 50 status so that I may see a unadulterated look at each tower.

The following is a list of how much damage a single target tower should be doing at each DU set, based off the damage Skeletal Archers do per second. (This is Pre-Nerf numbers)

• 10 DU = 56520 DU = 113030 DU = 169540 DU = 226050 DU = 282560 DU = 339070 DU = 395580 DU = 452090 DU = 5085100 DU = 5650
Next you need to understand the blank stats for the current blockades in the game - and then we're good to go.
  • Arcane Barrier - 20 DU - 1476 Damage when exploding - 28762 Health
  • Spike Blockade - 30 DU - 30514 Health - Stats: 615/1.5s = 410 DPS when attacked.
  • Skeletal Orc - 40 DU - 49200 Health - 1230 DDPS (DDPS stands for Dummy DPS) - Stats: 1230/1.43s = 860 DPS - Range 650

Alright, now that that's out of the way, here you go.

TALON GUARD COMMANDER - Defenses

Tower 1: Talon Guard Soldier - 20 DU
  • A basic soldier that wields a lance. They will defend against all enemies in a designated area around them.
  • Soldiers have a morale bar with 5 pips.
  • Each time a soldier loses 10% of its health, it loses a pip of morale.
  • Each time a nearby soldier dies, a soldier loses 2 pips of its morale.
  • When a soldier is down to 1 pip of morale, it retreats to the nearest Outpost or Core.
  • When a soldier is down to 10% of its HP, its morale drops to 1.
  • Talon Guard Soldier’s cannot be upgraded. They instead go to the nearest Outpost and rearm when one is upgraded.
  • 20,000 Health
  • 900 physical damage/1.5 sec - Piercing attack. (Piercing attacks like the Ballista's, go through enemies Shields)
  • Range of Attack 800
Tower 2: Talon Guard Bannerman - 60 DU
  • A soldier that raises morale of nearby Talon Guard units.
  • Only one Bannerman may be placed in a 2000 range.
  • Restores 1 pip of morale/10sec to nearby Talon Guard.
  • Range 1000
  • Health 50000
Tower 3: Talon Guard Sniper - 80 DU
  • A very tall sniper nest is made with a Talon Guard Sniper at the top.
  • 27,000 physical damage/6 sec (That's 4,500 DPS)
  • Single Target
  • Range 8000
  • 15,000 Health

Tower 4: Talon Guard Outpost - 40 DU

• A tavern that allows Talon Guard entry to restore their spirits.
  • Restores 1 pip of morale and 10% health every 2 seconds to Talon Guard inside of the Outpost.
  • If the Outpost is destroyed, all Talon Guard inside are ejected out and lose 1 pip of morale.
  • When upgraded, nearby Talon Guard Soldiers will come to rearm themselves.
  • Upgrading an Outpost costs 200, 300, 400, and 500 respectfully.
  • 30,000 Health

TALON GUARD COMMANDER - ABILITIES (Original Concepts by Raghin - post below)

Ability 1: Focus Attack

• All Talon Guard within range focus on a target enemy and gain bonus damage for a short time.
  • Damage Boost: +25%
  • Duration: 10 Seconds - or until the enemy is killed.
  • Range 2000
  • Cooldown: 10 Seconds

Ability 2: Reinforcements

• Summons a small Talon Guard squadron to your aid for a few seconds.
  • Squad Formation: 2 Talon Guard Soldiers and 1 grounded Talon Guard Sniper.
  • Duration: 15 Seconds
  • Cooldown: 20 Seconds
Ability 3: Rally Cry
  • Raises the Morale of all nearby Talon Guard units to full.
  • Cooldown: 40 Seconds

Ability 4: Medic!

• Summons a Talon Guard Medic to follow you around, healing in a large area.
  • The Medic stays active until dismissed or killed.
  • The Medic may be dismissed by activating this ability again.
  • Medic Health: 4,000
  • If destroyed; the Medic! ability has a cooldown of 45 seconds.
  • If dismissed; the Medic! ability has a cooldown of 10 seconds.
  • Healing: 1,500 / Second
  • AoE Range: 1400

And that's it. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Spheres & Passives will be added on to this original post at a later date but that requires me to dump my Spheres/Passives rework at some point first haha. That's all for this little hero of mine.

If you liked this Hero suggestion, check out my other suggestion threads.

[Hero Suggestion] The Illusionist

[Gameplay Suggestion] Status Effects & Conditions

[Hero Suggestion] Mecha-May!

Sincerely,

Charr.

Not exactly Ideal with the moral system. Towers can generally be placed anywhere on the map from high to low, and no paths are available for them to return to or from whatever height or depth they are placed at.

However consider the following. 

• Outposts costs 10 mana and have a radius starting at 3000 meters that can be increased by upgrading or spheres.  Outpost's also grant stat boosts to talon gaurds.
  • Upto 5 Talon Guards can be spawned within the radius of the outpost or core's and upto 4 outposts may be active at any time. 
  • Guards cost 20 DU, Bannermen cost 40 and Snipers cost 60. 
  • The talon guards are free to patrol throughout the pathable area's on which they are placed and will attack whomever comes into range.
Here are his abilities.

Ability 1 - Command: Talon guards focus on the select enemy while gaining a moral booster (as in damage not your system). 20 ability mana cost. 

Ability 2 - Reinforcements: Summon a temporary talon guard squadron at your location to assist in defence for 10 seconds. Squad contains 2 Solders, and 1 Sniper. 75 ability mana cost.

Ability 3 - Promote: Assigns command of a squad to a select unit who will receive additional stats and help direct troops. 10 ability mana cost. Should the promoted unit perish, all talon gaurds in that outpost are either debuffed for a duration or are stunned for 2 seconds.

Ability 4 - Medic!: Summons a Talon Guard Medic to follow you around the field healing you all the while. Should the medic perish, a 10 second cooldown is activated. Reactivate the ability to dismiss the medic.

I like your concept though these are the changes I would make

@Raghin quote:

Not exactly Ideal with the moral system. Towers can generally be placed anywhere on the map from high to low, and no paths are available for them to return to or from whatever height or depth they are placed at.

However consider the following. 

• Outposts costs 10 mana and have a radius starting at 3000 meters that can be increased by upgrading or spheres.  Outpost's also grant stat boosts to talon gaurds.
  • Upto 5 Talon Guards can be spawned within the radius of the outpost or core's and upto 4 outposts may be active at any time. 
  • Guards cost 20 DU, Bannermen cost 40 and Snipers cost 60. 
  • The talon guards are free to patrol throughout the pathable area's on which they are placed and will attack whomever comes into range.
Here are his abilities.

Ability 1 - Command: Talon guards focus on the select enemy while gaining a moral booster (as in damage not your system). 20 ability mana cost. 

Ability 2 - Reinforcements: Summon a temporary talon guard squadron at your location to assist in defence for 10 seconds. Squad contains 2 Solders, and 1 Sniper. 75 ability mana cost.

Ability 3 - Promote: Assigns command of a squad to a select unit who will receive additional stats and help direct troops. 10 ability mana cost. Should the promoted unit perish, all talon gaurds in that outpost are either debuffed for a duration or are stunned for 2 seconds.

Ability 4 - Medic!: Summons a Talon Guard Medic to follow you around the field healing you all the while. Should the medic perish, a 10 second cooldown is activated. Reactivate the ability to dismiss the medic.

I like your concept though these are the changes I would make

Absolutely love your ability ideas. Couldn't have chosen them better myself. I'll be adding them to the original post, credited to you. I'll be tweaking some names & removing mana cost to stick with the original vision of the hero.

As for the defense changes, I appreciate your feedback.