Can someone explain to us why no one updates us on progress on when this will be live? In my experience you get respect from us gamers when you tell us whats happening and update us frequently within an hour on here or maby even 2 hours . Can it really be so hard to have someone say something . 

@Turiangel2014 quote:

Can someone explain to us why no one updates us on progress on when this will be live?

Just my assumption, but I think nobody is currently telling anything because they're all busy with the update today.

At the moment all they could tell is is: 'We are currently working on it. Should be live in x hours.'

It is more efficient to wait with official information until there is something to tell. ^^

@Dreizehn quote:

@Turiangel2014 quote:

Can someone explain to us why no one updates us on progress on when this will be live?

Just my assumption, but I think nobody is currently telling anything because they're all busy with the update today.

At the moment all they could tell is is: 'We are currently working on it. Should be live in x hours.'

It is more efficient to wait with official information until there is something to tell. ^^

There is no efficiency when it comes to them doing something  on here. You cant tell me they do anything ontime. Lol I assume nothing but I do expect a buisnes to have better communication with us and not just have us defenders complain or argue  about whats goin on.

How many things do u think they break this time and how long will it's take to fix it if they will ever fix it like my  lord gear with ev2 update

@savagebeastmam quote:

How many things do u think they break this time and how long will it's take to fix it if they will ever fix it like my  lord gear with ev2 update

I bet someone broke a finger while codeing lol 

Like, these things take time... if it's updating, what are they supposed to say? They gave you the expected downtime, which is not a certainty. Also, pretty sure they wont be updating the % at the which the update is every X mins since the steam updates diferently for everyone, so there's not much you can do anyways besides restarting steam every 15 mins if you're so eager to play it as soons as the patch is done.

As for the patch info, I believe there's not many things to be added since they launched most of the patch notes with the major changes for the gunwitch patch when they made it go live by mistake (regarding the 4 basic hero changes, at least) in the small patch that came out 2 weeks ago, so most info is already out.

Just chill and wait, shouldn't take much longer :D

PS: I just noticed this is under the PS4 thread, so nvm the steam restart, only option is to wait, really xD

@Rebel Gnome quote:

Like, these things take time... if it's updating, what are they supposed to say? They gave you the expected downtime, which is not a certainty. Also, pretty sure they wont be updating the % at the which the update is every X mins since the steam updates diferently for everyone, so there's not much you can do anyways besides restarting steam every 15 mins if you're so eager to play it as soons as the patch is done.

As for the patch info, I believe there's not many things to be added since they launched most of the patch notes with the major changes for the gunwitch patch when they made it go live by mistake (regarding the 4 basic hero changes, at least) in the small patch that came out 2 weeks ago, so most info is already out.

Just chill and wait, shouldn't take much longer :D

PS: I just noticed this is under the PS4 thread, so nvm the steam restart, only option is to wait, really xD

You make no sense lol but ok you defend there ignorance its cool. I bet just as many pc players were let down and people are not saying anything in thought because they fear reprocutions. Lol its just a thread of guys wanting answers from them not people trying to cuddle there honor and defend them.

@Turiangel2014 quote:

You make no sense lol but ok you defend there ignorance its cool. I bet just as many pc players were let down and people are not saying anything in thought because they fear reprocutions. Lol its just a thread of guys wanting answers from them not people trying to cuddle there honor and defend them.

Never said ignorance was cool. I am a PC player and I was let down. Why would you have repercussions by saying what goes in your mind?

The only thing I ever defended in this post was that you guys are asking them to update you every 5 mins on what the hell is happening like they had the manpower and time to spend doing so. You have a free game and yet you act like you paid 60$ for it just to play it. It's a free game and yet you have someone trying to give you the best experience they can possibly provide. They were trying to fix the issue instead of wasting their time telling you what was happening. Doesn't that deserve a bit of credit? Were you that eager to play that you couldn't wait for the patch to be done?

I came here to tell you that you were right and that I was wrong about them knowing there was an issue right of the bat and not telling us anything about it, but if you're that narrow minded that you only think about yourself and did not put a single thought on their efforts to solve the issue, then I got nothing else to tell you.

Yes I'm disappointed that they never mentioned the issue during the update but I understand that they didn't while trying to fix the issue.

@Rebel Gnome quote:

@Turiangel2014 quote:

Never said ignorance was cool. I am a PC player and I was let down. Why would you have repercussions by saying what goes in your mind?

The only thing I ever defended in this post was that you guys are asking them to update you every 5 mins on what the hell is happening like they had the manpower and time to spend doing so. You have a free game and yet you act like you paid 60$ for it just to play it. It's a free game and yet you have someone trying to give you the best experience they can possibly provide. They were trying to fix the issue instead of wasting their time telling you what was happening. Doesn't that deserve a bit of credit? Were you that eager to play that you couldn't wait for the patch to be done?

I came here to tell you that you were right and that I was wrong about them knowing there was an issue right of the bat and not telling us anything about it, but if you're that narrow minded that you only think about yourself and did not put a single thought on their efforts to solve the issue, then I got nothing else to tell you.

Yes I'm disappointed that they never mentioned the issue during the update but I understand that they didn't while trying to fix the issue.

Actually it isn't free to play on PS4. The cheapest version of the game is $15. I got the $25 version when it was available. There's also a $60 collectors edition. I understand the game is still in alpha, but all of the console players have already spent money to play this game. I do agree that people wanting updates every few minutes is an entitled & immature mindset. I understand game development is complicated & problems come up out of the woodwork as soon as you turn to look elsewhere.

It's just console players have been second place for a while & it shows...& it's very frustrating. They said in the dev log that porting code from PC to the consoles isn't as cut & dry as they've expected it to be. A comment like this...does very little (practically nothing) to instill confidence in us console gamers that they've got an understanding of developing for us. It's a work in progress, I get it. I understand it's still in alpha. I just can't believe this game, when it comes out (later this year, they said?) will be any less buggy than it is right now...

Like I said, it's frustrating because we can't do much other than wait...

@Madmanblazing quote:

Actually it isn't free to play on PS4. The cheapest version of the game is $15. I got the $25 version when it was available. There's also a $60 collectors edition. 

Actually, the game is free to play on PC and PS4. The reason you paid is because you purchased the game before open alpha, which is the moment when the game became free to play to everyone. Before, you needed to pay 15$ for early access. This applied for both PC and PS4. PC just entered open alpha way before PS4.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@Madmanblazing quote:

Actually it isn't free to play on PS4. The cheapest version of the game is $15. I got the $25 version when it was available. There's also a $60 collectors edition. 

Actually, the game is free to play on PC and PS4. The reason you paid is because you purchased the game before open alpha, which is the moment when the game became free to play to everyone. Before, you needed to pay 15$ for early access. This applied for both PC and PS4. PC just entered open alpha way before PS4.

Madman is right ps4 was not free for sometime. I myself purchased the $60 collection and have spent even more since it become free to play. Im lashing out at them not for a every five minute update but rather a timely one that consists of truth and facts. Council players do not get the pc luxury . We also know why we paid as it was described to us in detail at one point.  Now onto a different response im not closed to anything I want the respect we deserve I love the dd games but so far we have gotten the shaft. Now  that that has been said how is it that a company that develops videogames has a problem with 1. Getting information out an hour or 2 after the game is due to be running? If this was a lets say a job at a factory building parts for a Major company you have got to be that if theres a delay they get that information out quick because if they dont money is lost and sometimes the contract . Dont defend them that is there Job all we do is play there games and for some this means calling them out . Second is tell me how or why would someone assume I have no clue how hard it can be ? LOl do i make games no but I do posses a BA in  electronic engineering .I know codeing is hard as well as finding flaws. Look It comes down to We want simple answers and honestly Im not at all impressed by some of you that defend them in anyway and that shouldnt effect you or I. So no more crap about who has what or they cant or can . As gamers we need to point out every flaw . Lol and if you a pc player cuddos to you for yoy time spent on the ps4 section just to limit the time you have as we do trying to get are word out hazaa . Im a jerk maby but im honest .

@Rebel Gnome quote:

@Turiangel2014 quote:

@Rebel Gnome quote:

@Turiangel2014 quote:

Why are you mad? lOl i didnt call you out lol and why are you wasteing your time in the ps4 section ? Pc people have us like we are getting outrageous right? Keep up the great work pc side .Hay is pc at all any fun with less players available ? My sone plays pc and the number of available players is uber low so how does that work? Or do you all have clans or game night and play together get what you need and disappear ? 

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@Madmanblazing quote:

Woah, whoa, woe......are you under the impression the game is now in open alpha? It is in alpha, yes. It is literally free to play on PC, yes, no purchase necessary. HOWEVER, a big however, you need to pay at least $15 on PS4. Right now. Today. As in if you want to play on PS4 then you have to spend at least $15 to do so. Is it the same build as PC? Yes, we have all of the current updates that PC (master race) has gotten & we have achieved parity as of two(?) updates ago.

This game was free to play on PC & has been "no purchase required" for quite a few months now on steam (I tried it on PC a while back). It isn't free to play for the console...so I guess that means we haven't entered open alpha like you PC (master race) folks...?

@Turiangel2014 quote:

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@Madmanblazing quote:

Madman is right ps4 was not free for sometime. I myself purchased the $60 collection and have spent even more since it become free to play. Im lashing out at them not for a every five minute update but rather a timely one that consists of truth and facts. Council players do not get the pc luxury . We also know why we paid as it was described to us in detail at one point.  Now onto a different response im not closed to anything I want the respect we deserve I love the dd games but so far we have gotten the shaft. Now  that that has been said how is it that a company that develops videogames has a problem with 1. Getting information out an hour or 2 after the game is due to be running? If this was a lets say a job at a factory building parts for a Major company you have got to be that if theres a delay they get that information out quick because if they dont money is lost and sometimes the contract . Dont defend them that is there Job all we do is play there games and for some this means calling them out . Second is tell me how or why would someone assume I have no clue how hard it can be ? LOl do i make games no but I do posses a BA in  electronic engineering .I know codeing is hard as well as finding flaws. Look It comes down to We want simple answers and honestly Im not at all impressed by some of you that defend them in anyway and that shouldnt effect you or I. So no more crap about who has what or they cant or can . As gamers we need to point out every flaw . Lol and if you a pc player cuddos to you for yoy time spent on the ps4 section just to limit the time you have as we do trying to get are word out hazaa . Im a jerk maby but im honest .

They did give us an update. Was it timely, I'd say yeah. Some might say it was a bit late. But they did update us nonetheless. They do give us updates...eventually, lol (see below)

Argick quote:

The information was out there :)

Twitter - https://twitter.com/TrendyEnt/status/750420791280463875

Forums - https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/136390/see-answer?scrollTo=1229200&page=2%231229200

This info was from another post, link here & in case the hyperlink doesn't work (https://dungeondefenders.com/2/forum/notifRedirect?comment_id=1229334&topic_id=136447&slug=attention-defenders)

@Turiangel2014 quote:

Lol nope your argument is invalid 

Wow...this is exactly what a person who is both immature & can't come up with a response would respond. If you have a valid complaint, then there are more legit ways to voice them. If you just go on a forum whining about how life isn't fair, then someone will tell you to get over it & move on. Simple

@Madmanblazing quote:

@Turiangel2014 quote:

Lol nope your argument is invalid 

Wow...this is exactly what a person who is both immature & can't come up with a response would respond. If you have a valid complaint, then there are more legit ways to voice them. If you just go on a forum whining about how life isn't fair, then someone will tell you to get over it & move on. Simple

Then why are you trolling this thread? And why are you of all people who say your above all this still crying about what has been said? Odd thing to do honestly. Go play a game or go to work doing something so i dont get messages about you trolling.

So now lets move foward no more of this crud lol so news update trendy you guys are cool just a little lax at times. Great timeing today with you updates . But we hope you can fix todays issues we have all been having . Do you use a ps4 to test these out first or just pc and emulate the ps4 . Some of this is funny this time i think. You should see the photos of thing going wrong .