Sign in to follow this  
QtoTheBall

Crowd Control Question.

I was hoping someone could list out all the towers that are considered crowd control.  I haven't been able to find anything searching and I'm not really for sure on the definition.  Is it towers that effect more then one mob, like any AOE tower?  Is it only towers that slow mobs down?  Is it only towers that can effect a whole group of mobs at once?  I dunno, I know it seems like a really stupid question, but I just want to be sure as the map I am playing says the mobs have "70% crowd control resilience" so obviously I want to be sure and not use any CC towers.  Thank you for taking the time to read this, thank you in advance to anyone that can answer my question.  

Crowd Control (CC) is a term commonly used to describe effects that hinder a targets actions. While AOE towers do control crowds, it is not what the term refers to lol.

CC Towers are:
Frostbite Tower - Slow + Freeze (if you have the sphere)
Serenity Aura - Slow (If you have idle flow trinket)
Proton Beam - Slow + Freeze (with Frosty Node weapon/trinket)
Geyser Trap - Knockup
Earthshatter Tower - Knockup (if you have the sphere)

Also, any combination of towers/skills that cause the drenched affect, followed by electricution damage can cause a "stun". Its more of a paralysiz? But there has never been given a proper term to this crowd control as far as I know.

@xArcAngel quote:

Crowd Control (CC) is a term commonly used to describe effects that hinder a targets actions. While AOE towers do control crowds, it is not what the term refers to lol.

CC Towers are:
Frostbite Tower - Slow + Freeze (if you have the sphere)
Serenity Aura - Slow (If you have idle flow trinket)
Proton Beam - Slow + Freeze (with Frosty Node weapon/trinket)
Geyser Trap - Knockup
Earthshatter Tower - Knockup (if you have the sphere)

Also, any combination of towers/skills that cause the drenched affect, followed by electricution damage can cause a "stun". Its more of a paralysiz? But there has never been given a proper term to this crowd control as far as I know.

Just to add a few:

Harpoons - Slow (if you have the  oil slow sphere)

Cannons - Stun! (if you have the stun passive on weapon)

Lightning aura + Geyser/Ramster (with wet sphere) - Stun (it's a stun :D)

Archer + AbyssLordDirectCommand (with oiling sphere) - Slow

Colossus + AbyssLordDirectCommand - Knockup

I probably missed a few too :d

sky guard seem to slow air units on hit but no official confirmation on this. just visual tests.

I think the crowd control resistance refers to the duration of the crowd control effect, so enemies in that lane will only suffer 30% of the full duration of the effect. It's most evident when ogres have it and you hit them with concussive nade and they only get stunned for about a second.

Combos like: SA with slow and Purge + Archers with Explosion. One single dead will explode doing AOE damage. You will notice how enemies falls in groups. Basically add SA to any tower and that will create the Crowd Control with AOE explosions.