Will the spheres system change for Monk/Squire/App/Hunt?

Will the four heroes get 4 large spheres slot like EV and AL in the next patch (power up)? Sorry if it was already mentioned and that I missed it. If they actually do get 4 large slots, will we get a refund for the medium and small spheres? And what will happen to the ubers? 

If they do they better give a substantial increase to base hero speed. At the very least it needs to be comparable with the 400 move speed sphere that we would lose access to. I use that on all original heroes because the base speed is atrocious. I honestly dont see how anyone could play without it, but maybe thats just me. Move speed should just be a stat, 50 points max, each point is 10 move speed.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

Will the four heroes get 4 large spheres slot like EV and AL in the next patch (power up)? Sorry if it was already mentioned and that I missed it. If they actually do get 4 large slots, will we get a refund for the medium and small spheres? And what will happen to the ubers? 

No, [[63962,users]] hasn't said anything about changing how the spheres work for the original four so they aren't changing...as of yet. The only things changing are how some of the defense towers work & the damage the towers & the hero now do

It's our plan to update the four original heroes to the new Skill Sphere system used by the Abyss Lord, EV2 and the Gun Witch, but it's not in this update. We'll have details and specifics to share when we start that work.

Ouch this will have to be handled carefully, @Trendy have to be very aware of the effort some have put into their ubers. Now if these just get carried over as one of the spheres then that's fine. I guess we'll need to see what happens to some of the ubers when the Power Up patch hits the servers.

Hopefully all of us who kept faith with the squire HCB uber will be rewarded by some OPness squire_small.png 

@iamisom quote:

It's our plan to update the four original heroes to the new Skill Sphere system used by the Abyss Lord, EV2 and the Gun Witch, but it's not in this update. We'll have details and specifics to share when we start that work.

Boooo!  Double movement speed spheres, you will be missed monk_small.png

See this is what I don't get.

Why put in the effort to buff Ubers at all if you are just going to get rid of them?

People are going to want compensation for spending 5k DM's on something that will be obsolete soon.

I see no reason for the price not to be drastically  reduced, that way everyone can enjoy them right now. Not just a select few.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

See this is what I don't get.

Why put in the effort to buff Ubers at all if you are just going to get rid of them?

People are going to want compensation for spending 5k DM's on something that will be obsolete soon.

I see no reason for the price not to be drastically  reduced, that way everyone can enjoy them right now. Not just a select few.

they have dropped massively in price, via huge inflation, check how many medals you can earn these days :P

I don't get this. The Original sphere system is very good. Lots of options and variety. 

The only reason I can think of for this new Model is: Less work/effort from TE side. 

I can't find a single advantage over the Original Sphere scheme.

Please don't change it.

@mmaakk quote:

I don't get this. The Original sphere system is very good. Lots of options and variety. 

The only reason I can think of for this new Model is: Less work/effort from TE side. 

I can't find a single advantage over the Original Sphere scheme.

Please don't change it.

What? How is it less effort? The majority of spheres with the original system are not only generic, but shared.

The new system has tons of unique, character specific spheres.

@mmaakk quote:

Hmmm no, especially for builders. All builders would need speed/range and DP.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@mmaakk quote:

Yeah, it's like they see that there is less slots in the new system and automatically assume the new system is lazy skeleton.png

@Soulstiger quote:

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@mmaakk quote:

Yeah, it's like they see that there is less slots in the new system and automatically assume the new system is lazy skeleton.png

On my Abyss Lord, I find myself swapping out my spheres a lot depending on which map, who I'm with, and what the wave could use, and I love it.

@Dresira quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@mmaakk quote:

On my Abyss Lord, I find myself swapping out my spheres a lot depending on which map, who I'm with, and what the wave could use, and I love it.

Yeah, if he had the old system it'd just be stat spheres. Maybe a movespeed. Then what, two class specific spheres that do something?

I'm not sure how I feel about this:

@iamisom quote:

I mean, it could go either way. It could be the best thing since sliced bread or it could be one of the worst moves made....all depending how it is implemented. Sometimes Trendy hits the nail on the head and other times they just flat out whack their thumbs.

I hope you guys do awesome with this move! Eagerly awaiting details to come forth at a later time!

@SpiderDanX quote:

I mean, it could go either way. It could be the best thing since sliced bread or it could be one of the worst moves made....

Then let's just hope it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread (and removal of the HD limitation)

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

I mean, it could go either way. It could be the best thing since sliced bread or it could be one of the worst moves made....

Then let's just hope it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread (and removal of the HD limitation)

Woot woot! I hope so too!!