Match making Browser, Armor sets and Gun Witch out July 5

@Soulstiger quote:

@Budlyte quote:

Oh Cool!

Yet another announcement, that doesn't mention Local Co-op on PC, that I don't care about.

Oh Cool!

Yet another post, that was posted without reading stuff, that I don't care about.

Oh Gobu!

Gobu gob gob, gobu gobu gob, that i don't gobu about.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only played the wheel with tickets I earnt during the time it was around, Trendy should NEVER had made it playable with gold, that was the biggest failing of the wheel as it was.

It's gone and won't be back as it was so no point crying over spilt milk, horse has bolted etc etc

Going back to the OP the game browser is a great addition so are the armour sets, Gun Witch and original hero power up. July 5th hopefully will be a most excellent patch.

6d9cd43e00b6f4b573f635fe19f392ef0ba33ff8

@Pizzaface quote:

@Jerimis quote:

i dont understand the whole tragedy about the wheel thing aswell specially since its ages ago.

Ppl complain that others are not helping because theyr undergeard with low ipwr gear. 

Ppl complain that others are equal ipwr / power because of wheel .

Decide allready!

Lol yeah.

They complain about both simply because they like complaining.

New higher ipwr armors have already replaced 3/5 armor slots, more coming soon, as well as armor sets. And special weapons, which are the most important and hardest item to get for most builds, were not even obtainable in the wheel. 

But by all means, lets continue bashing it after its long gone, and be scared that it will come back even though it will offer nothing but inferior gear in all slots if it does.

Lol

Idc if people consider me hardcore rly, i do care about a game that i enjoy, implementing content that basically delete any reason to play the ACTUAL content (the maps). Cause deep down we all know that people don't care about beating maps, they care about gear and if you say you don't, you would have stopped playing after beating the campaign.

So getting angry at features that removes part of the core gameplay, is common sense imo.

And if you think i'm hardcore for spending 15 hours a week playing dd2, then go ahead if that makes you feel any better ^^

The wheel might be gone, but it got replaced by onslaught which is almost the same, so not like my frustration is unvalid simply because "it's in the past, it probably won't happen again", because it did happen again and is still happening right now.

Yeah, unfortunately you dont get to decide what aspect of the game I or other people enjoy most. If your in it for nothing but a gear grind, good for you. You dont speak for me, I literally just played non-incursion liferoot yesterday simply because I hadnt played it in awhile, so gtfo with that bs. And I could care less about your current weekly playtime.

If people have fun spinning a limited time wheel, then who cares, it didnt stay, and was never going to stay. And if it comes back, the gear it offers will be inferior to the gear thats been released since. So acting like your just concerned about the longevity of the game is a giant load of bs.

And if you think the majority of regular and casual players out there were sitting around grinding millions of gold everyday to spin the wheel then your delusional. With perfect jackpot gear (which most wont even have) it still takes hours of mind-numbingly boring grinding in order to have enough gold to get a handful of legendarys. If I was a regular or casual player with limited playtime I sure as $¥[ wouldnt be spending it spinning a wheel, thats nonsense. I wanted to shoot myself with how long it took just to turn in tickets every few days. So if someone out there was doing that all day long then good for them. If they can put up with that then they earned that gear more than people who gear up with onslaught imo.

People like you take the worst/optimal circumstances possible about things and apply them to the whole community, then cry at trendy on the forums. Just because something is possible and some people do it, doesnt automatically mean everyone can or even wants to (oh but I forgot you know exactly why and how people play right?). I doubt a lot of regular and casual players even knew what the wheel was capable of, not everyone hangs around the forums 24/7. 

But w/e, you and your little buddies go right on crusading against that evil wheel. Your fighting the good fight! Huzzah!

I really can't take people trying to argue their point across seriously when they can't even differentiate between "your" and "you're"...

Lol ok. 

This entire thread is full of errors from multiple posters, as are all threads in the forum.

But I apologize, next time I post to a video game forum I will pretend I am turning it in to my old english professor and proofread it first like a good little student.

@--E@T TH3M!-- quote:

You were always going on about gun witch during the voting, which I fully understand if she appeals to your fun sense, but now you seem to be killing your own hype by stating that she'll trivialize the game. Usually it's hard for people to  associate 'easy' with 'fun', so I'll give you credit for that.

Ooops, looks like someone else hasnt been keeping up with proofreading. That extra space between 'to' and 'associate' in your last sentence just makes it hard to take the whole post seriously. I am going to need you to fix this by the time class starts on monday or you're not going to recieve full credit.

Wow, didn't think someone could be so salty from getting called out over such a simple mistake.

Please QQ more.

And if you think I'm just here to troll without contributing to the topic, save your brain power. DKperfection brought up so many valid points which you conveniently brushed aside just because 'you don't care' or you 'think it's BS'. Stop acting like the good samaritan here - the game vets aren't angry solely because other people are getting max ipwr gear in record time compared to themselves. No, they're angry because the wheel made playing the game itself obsolete. It bypassed the normal progression system which TE themselves wanted to promote and perfect by allowing players to get NM4 gear without having to go through NM1-4. It's not about epeens or egos, it's about long time players telling TE that they are killing their own progression system with that wheel of theirs.

It doesn't matter if grinding gold was long and tedious (and it's not, get that out of your head). The fact remains that it was a possibility to skip the whole progression system. It's not ok to have players sit at the wheel for hours on end spinning it nonstop or grinding easy maps for gold, because that equals to players not starting up NM1-4 runs. Can you see where this is going...?

PS: I'd also like to thank you for thoroughly going through my posts to pick up that one tiny error. At least I know I've succeeded in making you waste your time~ Emoji_Skeleton.png

@Pizzaface quote:

Yeah, unfortunately you dont get to decide what aspect of the game I or other people enjoy most. If your in it for nothing but a gear grind, good for you. You dont speak for me, I literally just played non-incursion liferoot yesterday simply because I hadnt played it in awhile, so gtfo with that bs. And I could care less about your current weekly playtime.

If people have fun spinning a limited time wheel, then who cares, it didnt stay, and was never going to stay. And if it comes back, the gear it offers will be inferior to the gear thats been released since. So acting like your just concerned about the longevity of the game is a giant load of bs.

And if you think the majority of regular and casual players out there were sitting around grinding millions of gold everyday to spin the wheel then your delusional. With perfect jackpot gear (which most wont even have) it still takes hours of mind-numbingly boring grinding in order to have enough gold to get a handful of legendarys. If I was a regular or casual player with limited playtime I sure as $¥[ wouldnt be spending it spinning a wheel, thats nonsense. I wanted to shoot myself with how long it took just to turn in tickets every few days. So if someone out there was doing that all day long then good for them. If they can put up with that then they earned that gear more than people who gear up with onslaught imo.

People like you take the worst/optimal circumstances possible about things and apply them to the whole community, then cry at trendy on the forums. Just because something is possible and some people do it, doesnt automatically mean everyone can or even wants to (oh but I forgot you know exactly why and how people play right?). I doubt a lot of regular and casual players even knew what the wheel was capable of, not everyone hangs around the forums 24/7. 

But w/e, you and your little buddies go right on crusading against that evil wheel. Your fighting the good fight! Huzzah!

You sound so offended that some of us want a game where the main goal is the to play the maps. And it's basic knowledge that people want rewards for playing, it's super simple stuff. The rewards in this game are the items, so obviously the rewards should be given by playing the maps and building defenses, cause you know.... this is a tower defense game.

If people would rather do something else than build defenses in a tower defense game, then there's something wrong with the game, there's TONS of games out there if you simply want a click fest and then feel rewarded (check out cookie clicker).

If you actually think i'm only against the wheel you haven't read everything iv'e written so far, currently onslaught is almost as big an issue as the wheel was and before the wheel there were many issues similar to the wheel as well.

You sound so much like the kind of player that thinks exploits are completely fine because they "benefit" you by making it easier to get your reward, even if it comes at the cost of the game's balance and lifetime. 

You called me out for doing something that gets done countless times a day by just about everyone on this forum, including yourself, simply because you disagree with my post. I respond to your blatant attempt at an insult and you tell me I need to QQ more? Thats cute.

And thoroughly going through your posts? Yes it took ages for me to go aaaaall the way back....to your previous post in this very thread.... Oh noes! How will I ever get that time back! You got me good!

Since we wouldnt want to bypass the progression system that trendy themselves want to promote, then I guess we should remove the ability for people to join games that are higher than their current ipwr, wouldnt want them to miss out on the oh so important grind up to NM4. Its so challenging and eventful, we dont want to rob players of such an amazing experience, they may decide to quit playing if they miss out on them.

Oh wait, some of the same people who go around complaining about the wheel are also complaining about how pointless NM 1-3 are. Yet they also complain about how easy the game is and how quickly new players can get to end game because nothing is challenging. So which is it? Did the wheel rob people of some important grind that would somehow make them want to play longer? Or did it just allow some people to skip a pointless grind and start playing end game maps a little sooner than usual, because the game is so easy to get to end game anyways? 

All you elitists and hardcores really should form a club so you can get your agenda straight and stop making contradicting statements in all the different threads around here that people are constantly crying in. Another fun contradiction is to keep claiming you dislike onslaught, yet you do nothing but keep coming back here to argue about a wheel that no longer exists.

And I ignore his valid points? All he has done is ignore mine. Like how ridiculous it is that there are people still bashing the wheel after its gone when it was never meant to be a permanent part of the game anyways. A month long wheel that shows up once or twice a year is going to ruin the games longevity? Its like people have never played an online game before that had limited events that offered better rewards than nomal gameplay, or equal rewards in the wheels case, just at a faster pace.

And once again, I can pretty much guarantee the majority of regular and casual players were not spending their limited play time doing a boring gold grind rather than doing something enjoyable. I cant prove that as I dont have access to that kind of data, but then again you also cant prove anything to the contrary. So I guess ill just go with the side that is common sense, and you guys can just keep assuming worst case scenario in order to add weight to your argument.

Onslaught has been getting afk abused for how long? And is still here? If people agree its so bad then where is the outrage for that? Why is no one willing to get in a stupid little forum war over it, but they will over the carnival wheel? You want to point out how easy it was for a new player to abuse the wheel, why is no one pointing out how a fresh character can join someones onslaught game and walk out with a bunch of 690-700 legendarys without doing a single bit of work? At least people had to actually kill things to abuse the wheel. 

And its not just random nooby leechers who dont know that they are doing it. Last time I checked I saw posts in a few of the dd2 communities on PS4 with people asking for NM4 carrys. Not only were they getting responses but people were making post offering to carry new players. I assume this goes on in the steam forums as well, and probably here. Does it make it ok to skip the grind as long as people talk about it and ask for it first? How is it any different, skipping content is skipping content.

You both want to give such impassioned little speeches about game progression and longevity, yet the mechanism to bypass progression was around long before the wheel (as DK even pointd out), and still is. People who want to jump ahead will, thats just the way some people are, it doesnt matter if its from friends, leeching, or a wheel. 

Yet the wheel is the big baddie that needs to constantly be brought up? And argued over, and is worth insulting people who disagree with you about it? Why? So yeah, I am gonna go right on ahead thinking there are other reasons people got so pissed off. Because the whole 'bypassing content' argument doesnt make any sense to me as that was already going on, still is, and will continue to go on. Yet you rarely hear a peep about it. 

I sometimes play maps just to play them.. I like some of them a good bit, and the gear consideration is sometimes secondary to just having some fun, especially if I'm short on time and just want to play a map or two and shoot monsters in the face. 

I'm willing to bet that many people (like myself) didn't even use the wheel. I would rather my time be spent actually playing the game, so that's what I did. It would have felt like cheating, even though I guess I could have gotten gear to get over the NM3 > NM4 hump that is making me tear out the rest of my hair. I like a challenge, though, and do not want to be given end game for free.. what's the fun in that?

So.. even if it was available, not everyone used it. Silver lining? And I think, from the posts TE has made about it since, that they've heard the concerns posted about it and won't do that again.

I'm not negating your concerns, don't get me wrong. I can see where it would be an issue if a lot of people used it to negate the entire path, struggle, and challenge to NM4 (especially if they then start complaining that they're bored). It could have become an even bigger issue if we'd had a leaderboard of some type, but thankfully we don't. I'm just hoping that the combination of (1) not everyone using it, and (2) TE learning this lesson the hard way, that we won't run into this again. Thankfully they do listen to feedback. 

As for onslaught, I don't know what NM4 is like since I can't beat that yet. I've done all the others up to NM3 though, and they have not been great when it comes to gear - is NM4 better?

@Sen quote:

I sometimes play maps just to play them.. I like some of them a good bit, and the gear consideration is sometimes secondary to just having some fun, especially if I'm short on time and just want to play a map or two and shoot monsters in the face. 

I'm willing to bet that many people (like myself) didn't even use the wheel. I would rather my time be spent actually playing the game, so that's what I did. It would have felt like cheating, even though I guess I could have gotten gear to get over the NM3 > NM4 hump that is making me tear out the rest of my hair. I like a challenge, though, and do not want to be given end game for free.. what's the fun in that?

So.. even if it was available, not everyone used it. Silver lining? And I think, from the posts TE has made about it since, that they've heard the concerns posted about it and won't do that again.

I'm not negating your concerns, don't get me wrong. I can see where it would be an issue if a lot of people used it to negate the entire path, struggle, and challenge to NM4 (especially if they then start complaining that they're bored). It could have become an even bigger issue if we'd had a leaderboard of some type, but thankfully we don't. I'm just hoping that the combination of (1) not everyone using it, and (2) TE learning this lesson the hard way, that we won't run into this again. Thankfully they do listen to feedback. 

As for onslaught, I don't know what NM4 is like since I can't beat that yet. I've done all the others up to NM3 though, and they have not been great when it comes to gear - is NM4 better?

Ty, the whole notion that everyone was abusing the wheel was nonsense, but its nice to hear people confirm it.

NM4 onslaught was the best place to gear up before the release of the new ipwr 750 incursion gear. That gear is extremely rare though so onslaught is still a great way to get geared, especially since it can be afk'd and incursions cant.

After about round 6 or 7 or something like that, all gear drops are ipwr 690-700, compared to the 660-700 drops of the best normal NM4 maps. So basically its what hardcores would do to hunt perfect gear before new incursion gear came out. 

Its my unpopular opinion that the wheel pooped all over the time people spent hunting perfect gear by offering perfect 700 gear instead of down to 690, and it made people salty. They then claim its ruining progression, even though players could already bypass progression with friends or leeching, long before the wheel came out.

A dev made a comment about how the wheel frustrated hardcores, which I found funny because it aligned with my view of the wheel, and that turned into this endless argument.

Riddle me this: regarding your concern about people 'bashing the wheel even after it's long gone', just think for a second, how is TE going to get the next wheel implementation right...if nobody reminds them what was so wrong with the previous one? SHOCKING GASP DISCOVERY OF THE CENTURY BIG EYES GAPING MOUTH

So...just because there were already elements of bypassing progression, it's entirely ok to put one that is the very personification of that in? Yeah, I'm so done with even attempting to argue with you. Please continue with your white knighting, I'm sure your ideas will make the game last even longer. Clearly.

I could care less if they bring it back, or in what form. Its a limited time event that not everybody 'abused'. Those who dont care about progression are going to bypass it anyways. So yeah, putting in something different that allows for the exact same behavior is no big deal, as it isnt changing anything at all, what about that is so hard to understand? 

Normal players are not 'accidentally' abusing the wheel and bypassing content then saying "golly gee ive beat the game now, time to move onto something else". Do you think people are that stupid? They knew full well what they were doing as they are the same kind of people who leech. So the wheel did not make people bypass content and then quit playing due to boredom, they did it to themselves as that is simply the kind of player they are and are obviously not interested in sticking around for the long haul anyways. Had nothing to do with the wheel.

So yeah, all the hatred doesnt make sense. You people keep claiming you only care about game longevity yet I see no posts being made about the existing methods of bypassing content. Why would that be? Funny thing is that this game browser is going to make leeching even easier. Those who would have kicked leechers or left a game that was full of them can now just create or join games with ipwr restrictions. So leechers dont have to waste time with random games that may not give them what they want. lol I wouldnt be surprised if you were to see game descriptions welcoming leechers with open arms. But are you and mr. perfect gonna go around bashing this browser and insulting people who support it? Nope, you sure wont.

So until I see the same level of commitment going towards bashing the other methods as a few of you have shown with arguing and insulting me over the wheel, I have no choice but to call complete bs on that entire argument. 

And im glad your done arguing with me, hopefully dk is too. This has been a horrendous waste of time other to reinforce what I already believed. I am untracking this thread so I dont keep getting sucked back into this nonsense. 

Hahahahaha, so much wrong with your post (and your attitude on a whole), but I'm going to practice what I preach and just not entertain your nonsense any longer. If you need to keep telling yourself all those lies and delusions to sleep at night, then so be it.

Good riddance!

@Pizzaface quote:

I could care less if they bring it back, or in what form. Its a limited time event that not everybody 'abused'. Those who dont care about progression are going to bypass it anyways. So yeah, putting in something different that allows for the exact same behavior is no big deal, as it isnt changing anything at all, what about that is so hard to understand? 

Normal players are not 'accidentally' abusing the wheel and bypassing content then saying "golly gee ive beat the game now, time to move onto something else". Do you think people are that stupid? They knew full well what they were doing as they are the same kind of people who leech. So the wheel did not make people bypass content and then quit playing due to boredom, they did it to themselves as that is simply the kind of player they are and are obviously not interested in sticking around for the long haul anyways. Had nothing to do with the wheel.

So yeah, all the hatred doesnt make sense. You people keep claiming you only care about game longevity yet I see no posts being made about the existing methods of bypassing content. Why would that be? Funny thing is that this game browser is going to make leeching even easier. Those who would have kicked leechers or left a game that was full of them can now just create or join games with ipwr restrictions. So leechers dont have to waste time with random games that may not give them what they want. lol I wouldnt be surprised if you were to see game descriptions welcoming leechers with open arms. But are you and mr. perfect gonna go around bashing this browser and insulting people who support it? Nope, you sure wont.

So until I see the same level of commitment going towards bashing the other methods as a few of you have shown with arguing and insulting me over the wheel, I have no choice but to call complete bs on that entire argument. 

And im glad your done arguing with me, hopefully dk is too. This has been a horrendous waste of time other to reinforce what I already believed. I am untracking this thread so I dont keep getting sucked back into this nonsense. 

If it wasn't because i enjoyed discussing with people i would have left a long time ago since it's obvious you won't change your mind. I don't get why you'd waste time on a forum if you don't like discussions.

Come on people! We don't need to take these things personally. We are all giving our honest opinions. Of course we will disagree on topics. Just agree to disagree. No need to flame, we are all better than that (I hope).

Personally, I have been playing since DD2 came out on Steam (pre-full wipe). I made it all the way to level 25 with decent gear and then after wipe, all the way to 50 with decent gear. I focused most of my efforts getting squire that perfect hearty blockade passive before and after the passive upgrade. 

Honestly, I enjoyed the wheel at the carnival. I had no problem with it. I spent my time in Onslaught and other NM3-4 inc (died a lot/not finishing nm4 unless playing with friends) maps and earned tickets for playing (rarely AFK). When I got to 100+ tickets, I'd spin the wheel. The carnival wheel only gave me iPWR 700 gear once my hero achieved that iPWR. If I spun the wheel with my iPWR 500 apprentice, I got iPWR 500 gear. 

I rarely used gold on the wheel cuz it is expensive to level up armor (not so much now with the item XP boosts...thank goodness). So, I saved my gold as much as I could. 

Even though the wheel finally gave me iPWR 700 loot (again, once my hero got to iPWR 700 1st), my RNG was not great. I spent 100's of tickets on the wheel before I could finally get my squire walls to NM4 level. 

If someone hates me for this fine, whatever. I'd like the wheel back. In fact, [[63962,users]] [[4370,users]], technically, you guys have either said or alluded to the carnival wheel coming back. There is a pro tip that says we should keep our tickets for next time the carnival comes to town. Or maybe I am reading too much into that pro tip. Maybe you guys have something new planned for tickets?

Anyway, I played Alotta hours grinding AND I used the wheel a lot. I never had a problem with the idea. So, take your pick: Either I am hardcore for spending many hours on the game and for being around during level 25 cap or I am a casual player for being ok with the carnival wheel as it was. Or secret option C.... Check out this post here if you have not seen it (I know many of you have): https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/135686/whats-your-definition-of-a-casual-player

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree and enjoy the game together, shall we? Or not. It's up to each of us. :-)

YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON FOR LIKING THE WHEEL, SPIDERDAN!

:P
(sarcasm, just in case that wasn't obvious)

So lemme get this straight.. the wheel was kind of like the vendors in the tavern? Whatever your iPwr, you could get something slightly higher, depending on what the going iPwr range is (so if you had 422, you could get up to 450)? I thought it just handed out 700s like candy. Now I'm really glad I didn't waste my time.

However, that changes my perspective a bit. If you've already gotten to 700, you can already beat the maps that give that level of gear. If the wheel gives you another avenue of getting that gear - without giving you something over your current iPwr - and it's a temporary happy event thing, then I see it as a smaller issue than I did previously. Sure, the range is wider on actual maps, and if you really get screwed by RNG then you can end up getting all lower iPwr.. but the wheel isn't that much of a shortcut. Almost seems like a reward thing, where players could try to fix some of their slightly lower iPwr gears. You still had to get the tickets or pay gold to spin it. (And from what I remember, you also had to buy the entrance ticket, you couldn't spin the wheel if you snuck in.. but I may be remembering wrong.)

I'm going to go read back over the arguments, though, and see if I missed something. DK, feel free to point it/them out.

@Sen quote:

However, that changes my perspective a bit. If you've already gotten to 700, you can already beat the maps that give that level of gear. If the wheel gives you another avenue of getting that gear - without giving you something over your current iPwr - and it's a temporary happy event thing, then I see it as a smaller issue than I did previously. Sure, the range is wider on actual maps, and if you really get screwed by RNG then you can end up getting all lower iPwr.. but the wheel isn't that much of a shortcut. Almost seems like a reward thing, where players could try to fix some of their slightly lower iPwr gears. You still had to get the tickets or pay gold to spin it. (And from what I remember, you also had to buy the entrance ticket, you couldn't spin the wheel if you snuck in.. but I may be remembering wrong.)

I'm going to go read back over the arguments, though, and see if I missed something. DK, feel free to point it/them out.

That wasn't the issue. You could easily get perfect gears in one day even if you just got to 50. 

1) Leech one game.

2) Equip yourself with the gears you just got. GREEN, PURPLE, LEGEND, EPIC, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

3) When you got 700 ipw with those gears, spin until you get 700 legendaries.

The problem is that even with 700 ipw green/gray, you could get 700 legendaries too easily. 

Well I liked the wheel. :d And i used it ALOT. I roughly spend over 30-40m on it i belive. But overall i just got minor improvements and not even close to perfect gear. Heck most of my chars didn't get anything at all. For me i tried to use it more as an way to "Optimise" what i already had, but the passives on the wheel where already broken making it very hard to get good stuff.

The only 2 chars which benefited from the wheel for me where frost App and my Waller. But the rest probably just got like 1 item out of it at all.

I still think the wheel is a nice way, special with items. BUT it should be handled differently. It could give special loot or even max gear, but like many said it should only be spinable with tickets. Also these Tickets should be rewarded by only maybe end chest or final bosses (except harbi campaign eze). With that you would have a limited amount of spins, but the good gear you possible can get would feel rewarding.

This is just one way of how it could be done, and there are probably even more.

I also know alot of players who did not use the wheel at all simple because they didn't want to. Like some here said some wanting to do the progress on their own.

I hope the wheel will comes back with gear on it. Obviously changed on how to spin it, but still with gear ;). 

The wheel will definitely make a return, but it also needs changes not just with the way it works, but also with the farming of tickets.

My proposal:

1. Tickets will only drop from mobs in NM1-4. The higher the NM, the better the drop rate. On the lower difficulties, tickets can only be gotten from end game chests. Harbinger will be the exception to this rule - tickets will only drop from the end chest regardless of difficulty so as to prevent people from infinite mob farming.
  2. As others have mentioned, wheel should only be spinnable with tickets, not gold.
  3. Gear rewarded by the wheel should have a range of ipwr it can roll on. Perhaps -20 to +5 of the player's current ipwr? (the +5 will not work once player is at 700 ipwr)

The purpose of point 1 is to make ticket farming impractical instead of just completely removing ticket drops from lower difficulties. This at least rewards newer players with something rather than going home empty ticketed.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@Sen quote:

That wasn't the issue. You could easily get perfect gears in one day even if you just got to 50. 

1) Leech one game.

2) Equip yourself with the gears you just got. GREEN, PURPLE, LEGEND, EPIC, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

3) When you got 700 ipw with those gears, spin until you get 700 legendaries.

The problem is that even with 700 ipw green/gray, you could get 700 legendaries too easily. 

Theoretically, I see your point Mushroom. I honestly don't know how many people actually did that in 1 or 2 days.  Maybe a lot maybe a little... I don't know either way. I know a lot of people get to level 50 in just a few hours. But, if  brand new player started, they would have to leach all day to get enough tickets to make the wheel worth while for optimal gear. Again, I have no idea either way how many players actually did that.

[[81939,users]] - yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Also, there were actually 2 wheels, you will remember. The wheel you spun (with carnival ticket) when you beat the carnival map and then the wheel you spun with tickets that you earned from killing enemies. The one that is being discussed is the later. :-)

@dreamanime quote:

Well I liked the wheel. :d And i used it ALOT. I roughly spend over 30-40m on it i belive. But overall i just got minor improvements and not even close to perfect gear. Heck most of my chars didn't get anything at all. For me i tried to use it more as an way to "Optimise" what i already had, but the passives on the wheel where already broken making it very hard to get good stuff.

The only 2 chars which benefited from the wheel for me where frost App and my Waller. But the rest probably just got like 1 item out of it at all.

I still think the wheel is a nice way, special with items. BUT it should be handled differently. It could give special loot or even max gear, but like many said it should only be spinable with tickets. Also these Tickets should be rewarded by only maybe end chest or final bosses (except harbi campaign eze). With that you would have a limited amount of spins, but the good gear you possible can get would feel rewarding.

This is just one way of how it could be done, and there are probably even more.

I also know alot of players who did not use the wheel at all simple because they didn't want to. Like some here said some wanting to do the progress on their own.

I hope the wheel will comes back with gear on it. Obviously changed on how to spin it, but still with gear ;). 

Similar here. I used it to optimize my gear. Mostly Squire....I think I used it for Monk a few times. :-p