Match making Browser, Armor sets and Gun Witch out July 5

From this weeks dev log.

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/blog/136222/dev-log-77-power-up-on-july-5th

So glad I didn't farm intensively for my gear and enhanced none of it.

I guess this is something of a gear wipe.

Making all your previous gear obsolete in comparison. Which is fair after the embarassment which we call the Carnival wheel.

I'm interested to see how this set bonus works exactly and I think we should be fine as long as they don't go down the path of DDE with specific Armor sets for DPS and Towers.

On a side note bring on the OP Witch to further trivialize the game.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Madmanblazing quote:

They have said the carnival wheel is coming back, lol. Don't get your hopes up :-/

We've said the Carnival is coming back. Nothing yet about the wheel. Our focus right now is making the core gameplay more fun and more challenging. But we understand how the wheel frustrated hardcore players. :)

It probably will just drop the generic gear though Madman. Cause all the special gear didn't dropped on the wheel. And they currently allocate alot of passives just on the special gear and put these on the different maps. So for standart gear the wheel is absolut fine then, but for really good gear you would still need to get the maps done.

[[94093,users]]

Legendary gear that drops at your IPWR is a terrible idea for the carnival wheel.

We now have many different items such as item boosters/ pet affection boosters that we can use instead & still give incentive for using the wheel.

I think it's not really a bad idea to be honest. Just how it was implemented was bad.

To win something good on the wheel is actually what it should be about, that you have a chance to get something good. But not that you can spam it infinite and cheap and get tons of good stuff.

Make it much more rare make it cost more and even put in some range (doesn't need to be 100% max ipwr.

Stuff will change, it doesn't need to be always exactly the same like before. There is so much you can tweak around and change to make it something good.

@--E@T TH3M!-- quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Always hyping about gun witch.

Complains that it will trivialize the game when she is released.

KAY

Your point?

If the game is going to be easy then it may as well be fun. Until they add the challenge back into the game that's all I can hope for.

Gun Witch looks fun enough to mess around with.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Your point?

If the game is going to be easy then it may as well be fun. Until they add the challenge back into the game that's all I can hope for.

You were always going on about gun witch during the voting, which I fully understand if she appeals to your fun sense, but now you seem to be killing your own hype by stating that she'll trivialize the game. Usually it's hard for people to  associate 'easy' with 'fun', so I'll give you credit for that.

@--E@T TH3M!-- quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Your point?

You were always going on about gun witch during the voting, which I fully understand if she appeals to your fun sense, but now you seem to be killing your own hype by stating that she'll trivialize the game. Usually it's hard for people to  associate 'easy' with 'fun', so I'll give you credit for that.

I'm just welcoming her to the club of being OP.

I'm interested in Lavamancer and Mystic as well. I know they will be OP as ***, still doesn't mean they won't be fun.

For now I have to accept the game isn't challenging, so just making the best with what I got.

@iamisom quote:

@Madmanblazing quote:

They have said the carnival wheel is coming back, lol. Don't get your hopes up :-/

We've said the Carnival is coming back. Nothing yet about the wheel. Our focus right now is making the core gameplay more fun and more challenging. But we understand how the wheel frustrated hardcore players. :)

"we understand how the wheel frustrated hardcore players"-translation-We know some of you have this incessant need to compete with each other over the size of your gear, I mean ipwr of your gear, and this wheel allowed people who dont sit in onslaught 12+ hours a day to threaten your manhood of super uber eliteness, we apologize and will re-work it.

Lol

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I don't think she is going to be that OP, nowhere near what AL was when that was released.  I personally have no intention of getting her right away because Huntress is looking so good with her buffed up abilities I'll be going back to her with an ability power build.  EV will still have the highest burst DPS from what I can see.

@Pizzaface quote:

@iamisom quote:

@Madmanblazing quote:

"we understand how the wheel frustrated hardcore players"-translation-We know some of you have this incessant need to compete with each other over the size of your gear, I mean ipwr of your gear, and this wheel allowed people who dont sit in onslaught 12+ hours a day to threaten your manhood of super uber eliteness, we apologize and will re-work it.

Lol

I don't see any issues with players complaining about the game not being about playing anymore, which is essentially what the wheel did ;)

Right on, grinding gold isnt playing. Afk'ing onslaught is where the real players go, that gears legit.

@dreamanime quote:

I think it's not really a bad idea to be honest. Just how it was implemented was bad.

To win something good on the wheel is actually what it should be about, that you have a chance to get something good. But not that you can spam it infinite and cheap and get tons of good stuff.

Make it much more rare make it cost more and even put in some range (doesn't need to be 100% max ipwr.

Stuff will change, it doesn't need to be always exactly the same like before. There is so much you can tweak around and change to make it something good.

^this, the carnival wheel could be fun if it was more about RNG and less about spamming.

@Pizzaface quote:

Right on, grinding gold isnt playing. Afk'ing onslaught is where the real players go, that gears legit.

Did i at any point saying onslaught is better than the wheel? xD
Both the wheel and the current state of onslaught are horrible.

@iamisom quote:

@Madmanblazing quote:

Instead of instant gear the wheel should give bonus like +30% legend drop rate for the next map or 10 gems or the next green mana chest you open will give 50 more or the ultimate reward : all gear that will drop for the next map will all be the max ipwr of that map.

Also the wheel could only be spin only once until the "bonus" you got have been used up.

@Pizzaface quote:

@iamisom quote:

@Madmanblazing quote:

Lol

like if farming gold and tickets were free... at least 4 or 5 hours of gold farming just to get 4-5 real good parts... and let's not talk about the amount of crap items taking space on the inventory, oh! and don't forget about the time it would take to roll 1.000.000 gold even using scripts... that was almost the same time it takes to do onslaught but with less chance of get legendary items (roll+farming). I really don't understand the complains about the wheel, it was not for free at all, you needed a lot of time and farm, and the items were not as OP. Getting 700 iPWR is not the same as getting a real good item. (% passive, correct stats)

Exactly DarkChuky. Yet you rarely see anyone bashing onslaught mode like they do the carnival.

It took just as long if not longer, required you to actually play instead of afk, and had no chance of giving any special loot. The only difference is that the wheel gear was more accessible to regular and casual players, and that pissed off the hardcores to the point where they are still crying about it after its long gone. Which is why the dev specifically mentions hardcores as the ones who were upset, and not the general community, and I thought that was frikin hilarious.

Are you serious right now? xD Saying it took longer to get proper gear using the wheel, rather than doing onslaught? While onslaught afk farming for gear is terrible and boring, it's just not nearly as bad as the wheel was.

The wheel gave you 100% chance of 700ipwr gear which was the max ipwr back then, cause no 750ipwr gear had been released yet.

So the wheel removed the single biggest factor in getting proper items, the ipwr. Stats and passives are the only factors in play then which are not that hard to get at all considering the smart loot was in place back then, so getting like 5 perfect items could easily be achieved in a day (would take like 1 week at least with nonstop farming in onslaught).

This is a problem all by itself, but another even worse problem was that people who had started the same day at lvl 1 completely blank, could get perfect nm4 gear simply by leeching from 1 map and then just rolling the wheel until they had perfect gear, how can you say that is not an issue? o.o

And yet another thing..... In a game with no real challenge, how can anyone be hardcore?

Oh Cool!

Yet another announcement, that doesn't mention Local Co-op on PC, that I don't care about.

Lol, your seriously trying to say one of the biggest problems with the wheel was that it offered 700 gear compared to 690-700. 

Lol, thanks!

Theres your definition of hardcore right there, and the exact reason why hardcores got pissed. The filthy casuals were hurting egos by getting gear that only the super leet 12+ hour a day hardcores should be getting.

And the fact that your mentioning the game not being challenging, just further proves how pathetic and petty hardcore elitists are when they cry about people getting wheel gear.

Just lol

i dont understand the whole tragedy about the wheel thing aswell specially since its ages ago.

Ppl complain that others are not helping because theyr undergeard with low ipwr gear. 

Ppl complain that others are equal ipwr / power because of wheel .

Decide allready!

@Jerimis quote:

i dont understand the whole tragedy about the wheel thing aswell specially since its ages ago.

Ppl complain that others are not helping because theyr undergeard with low ipwr gear. 

Ppl complain that others are equal ipwr / power because of wheel .

Decide allready!

Lol yeah.

They complain about both simply because they like complaining.

New higher ipwr armors have already replaced 3/5 armor slots, more coming soon, as well as armor sets. And special weapons, which are the most important and hardest item to get for most builds, were not even obtainable in the wheel. 

But by all means, lets continue bashing it after its long gone, and be scared that it will come back even though it will offer nothing but inferior gear in all slots if it does.

Lol

@Budlyte quote:

Oh Cool!

Yet another announcement, that doesn't mention Local Co-op on PC, that I don't care about.

Oh Cool!

Yet another post, that was posted without reading stuff, that I don't care about.