Sign in to follow this  
keyy<3

Panic Fire Sphere and Luck Sphere on PB

Hey guys, I know it's not working ALL the time anymore.

But do they even still work...at all? 

I don't see them being triggered, or is my tooltip just bugged?

I'm also not sure if it's been discussed before, I haven't played much lately and haven't visited the forum in a while...

so I'm sorry if this comes as a dupilicate post.

? lol it was never intended to work ;) it won 't get fixed <3

They nerfed PB + panic fire sphere working together. See yah in-game when revamp goes live. 

ha?! so what's the point of that sphere if it's not supposed to work? 0_o? Lol

30% chance when defenses damaged to increase def crit chance by 30% for 5 seconds.

15% chance when defenses damaged to increase def speed by 100% for 5 seconds.

^ in my understanding, PB is a form of defense, and these sphere should work on it with a 30% (for luck) and 15% (for panic) chance...or is PB not a form of defense?

Those spheres were designed for tangible defenses like walls and towers, not intangible defenses like traps/auras/beams.

Not sure why they're event available for the EV when they don't apply to any of her arsenal. All other heroes have at least one tangible defense, so those skill spheres at least apply somewhere (though they are pretty much worthless on monk).

i think matters like that should be noted on the sphere description. because intuition wise, PB is form of defense that gets damaged overtime. how about frostfire, i know that passive will be removed soon but in the mean time, it doesn't work with PB.

@gigazelle quote:

Those spheres were designed for tangible defenses like walls and towers, not intangible defenses like traps/auras/beams.

Not sure why they're event available for the EV when they don't apply to any of her arsenal. All other heroes have at least one tangible defense, so those skill spheres at least apply somewhere (though they are pretty much worthless on monk).

Just like what everyone else has said, the fact that they worked with EV proton beams in the 1st place was caused by a bug. They "fixed" Panic fire to no longer work, but left Press Your luck on as far as update patch notes said.

IN regards to PB getting "damaged"...they actually work like the Monk Auras, where they expend HP in order to cause dmg to enemies. That is not the same as "getting damaged from enemies."  Think of the Monk healing Serenity Aura. The heroes do not "damage" the aura when they get healed. Rather, the aura expends Defense Health in order to heal the Heroes. The same idea applies to the Monk Lightning Aura & now to EV Beams. I hope I was able to make it make sense. :-)

Frostfire never worked on PB, the hard cap for attack rate is 0.30, only because of the rapid fire sphere it was able to go down to 0.15, but that was a bug and never intended.

I think all towers have a hard cap, some are just so low it doesn't matter.

So far iv'e only seen the hard cap on geyser traps and proton beams.