Sign in to follow this  
Ace Blaze

Hot swapping not working for everyone? PS4

Hot swapping on pc and ps4 is an amazing tool. Being able to hot swap heroes on the fly is a must have imo and even more so for the solo player like myself. 

Currently on ps4 I can hotswap between heroes by holding L1+dpad like so...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrrQ3rJTdhA

(Poor quality be warned)

Aperantly not every ps4 user is able to do this and I feel this should be addressed. As previously mentioned, hotswapping is must have for any defender and I cannot see myself playing without this great feature. 

#hope

Asked around and no one I play with can do this either. Are you magic? You seem to be the only person playing dd2 who can do this without pressing option.

@stuffymonster quote:

Asked around and no one I play with can do this either. Are you magic? You seem to be the only person playing dd2 who can do this without pressing option.

Installed the game one time

Changed setting to default 

Switched region to default

Original ps4 controller

Don't know what else to say...

Maby im blessed 

Praise the dd2 gods!

@Ace Blaze quote:

@stuffymonster quote:

Original ps4 controller

Maby im blessed 

Praise the dd2 gods!

Cheers dude, thats made it easier

@Thorney1878 quote:

@Ace Blaze quote:

@stuffymonster quote:

Original ps4 controller

Maby im blessed 

Praise the dd2 gods!

Cheers dude, thats made it easier

Glad to hear it worked for you aswell

Cheers!

@soda_taffy quote:

I tried it first in a private tavern, then picked a map at random to see if that was the problem. No luck. Oh well.

I went into options then controls and pushed triangle to set them to default, try that

I set options to default with triangle and set region to default. Tried private and public. Even tried another controller in case my L1 was wonky. Weird, it seems like if it works for some it should work for all.

Hope this isn't some fancy video editing because I'm trying a full delete and reinstall. And if it is congrats, you got me. I'll update later if it works. If you don't hear from me, assume the worst.

p.s. If you try to delete and reinstall have a web browser nearby, the online ps store is the only way to reinstall the game. Your library and ps store on your ps4 won't get you anywhere.

@danimaltastic quote:

Hope this isn't some fancy video editing because I'm trying a full delete and reinstall. And if it is congrats, you got me. I'll update later if it works. If you don't hear from me, assume the worst.

p.s. If you try to delete and reinstall have a web browser nearby, the online ps store is the only way to reinstall the game. Your library and ps store on your ps4 won't get you anywhere.

Video not edited lol

@danimaltastic quote:

It worked!!! I can hot swap and place ev towers with just square. Bastille will go even quicker now.

Glad it worked for you

OMG this worked, everyone who doesnt have these features needs to reinstall now!

[[4370,users]] this is a resolution to a huge bug, with a simple reinstall - PS4 hotswap and EV beam placement is now working correctly

I just reinstalled and can confirm this has worked for me. However, now when I go to play online or private tavern it will only show the first map. I tried beating the map on end game and campaign. I also tried to join a party and let them pick the map, but it just freezes at the loading screen every time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a image of the message I receive when trying to join someone's game. I reinstalled the game from my Library. Then also tried to download a version from ps store ( starter pack) but it says this one is unavailable because I already own it. So where should I get the rest of the maps from again?

http://i68.tinypic.com/1adzr.jpg

@Frag_Zombie quote:

Here is a image of the message I receive when trying to join someone's game. I reinstalled the game from my Library. Then also tried to download a version from ps store ( starter pack) but it says this one is unavailable because I already own it. So where should I get the rest of the maps from again?

http://i68.tinypic.com/1adzr.jpg

Are you sure you let the full thing download? I reinstalled mine from the online web broswer version of the ps4 store. Just have to click on download list and find the game, then send it to download on your ps4. But it's probably the same as the one you got from your library. Mine just wasn't in my library, because I got the one just above the starter pack and it was nowhere to be found in my library.

@danimaltastic quote:

It worked!!! I can hot swap and place ev towers with just square. Bastille will go even quicker now.

I don't understand. What are you saying here about the ev towers with just square?

I thought this was a trick at first, since trendy has made no comments on this (correct me if I am wrong), but I couldnt risk not trying it. PC has so many advantages over PS4 its ridiculous, and instant hero swapping is a big one, especially with the introduction of bastille, but even on other maps its awesome to insta switch.

Im proud to report that this isnt a trick, I reinstalled and set to default like op said and now I can hotswap with L1+D-pad. I am guessing this was released accidentally, but I hope it doesnt get "fixed" in next update or I am going to rage.

Now they just need to change our terrible inventory to the PC's, so it doesnt take us 5 minutes after every match to try and clear our laggy and jumpy inventory without deleting something important. Then fix the lag/stutter/black screen that occurs when making changes to our hero deck, as this is not only annoying but is a big disadvantage in bastille if you want to use more than just 4 heroes. And of course the whole pick up/equip items being the same button as jump. This nonsense can not only get you killed but can cause you to lose gear.

But...at least they made this step towards closing the gap between PC and PS4. So good job trendy.

Woohoo, took me a whole day to re-download the game, but now hotswapping with L1+d-pad really works :)

@OriDragon quote:

@danimaltastic quote:

I don't understand. What are you saying here about the ev towers with just square?

Before I redownloaded, to finish placing ev towers I had to press L1+the button of the tower. Now I can just tap square to end chains of protons, reflect walls, buff beams, and weapons manufacturer nodes. The main advantage here is on weapons manufacture nodes, because before you had to build the max amount. Now you can stop early.