3x medals weekend vs New Daily Every 8 hours...

If I could make a poll (can I? If so, how?), it would look something like this:

Which weekend event do you prefer?

__3x medals 

__New Daily every 8 hours (before dailies were changed)

__New Daily every 8 hours (Current state of dailies)

__Something else

....Let's Discuss!

Then I would hold off on casting my vote until like a day later.

Personally, I like the new daily every 8 hours with the old daily system. Why? Because I could finish 3 dailies in timely fashion and be done for the day. Some weekends I had more time and I would just come back every 8 hours to see the new daily and get it done.

With the new 3x medals, sure there is more potential for more medals, but as was stated in a previous post, to get all 2k medals per day, you have to play 5-6 hours and I don't always have time for that. Not only that, I find myself (and others, too) just doing the fastest map possible (1st map or the new inc) over and over and over and over. It's like beating a dead horse! Lol but, gotta get those 69 medals right?

Speaking of 69 medals (side bar) - When medals 1st came out, Devs told us that maps would reward up to 25 medals for winning. Has anyone ever actually got that? If so, where do I go for a 75 medal win for the weekend?

Anyway, questions? Comments? Complaints? Suggestions? Thoughts?

I'm not here to argue, just giving my personal opinion and am curious what other's opinions are. If anyone disagrees, let us try to understand the other. If that can't be done, then you can agree to disagree. :-) Thanks for the discussion gang!!

X3 medals, because freedom.

I dont have to play any specific maps, nor create gimmicky builds to meet some "do this xxx times" requirement. 

I can play whatever map I want using any build I want. Thats how I see it anyways.

@Pizzaface quote:

X3 medals, because freedom.

I dont have to play any specific maps, nor create gimmicky builds to meet some "do this xxx times" requirement. 

I can play whatever map I want using any build I want. Thats how I see it anyways.

I agree with Pizzaface. The current 3x medals rewards people for playing more, which is how games should work. It also allows for you to play what you want, and allows for more medals over all so long as you put the time in.

@Fozzie quote:

Until you hit 2k medals then you stop playing.

This exactly.

3x Medals limits my playtime during the weekend.

With really fast easy maps like the new Buried Bastille, I end up hitting the daily cap in 4 hours.

Imo the daily cap should be tripled if medals earned is going to be.

EDIT: I would much rather have more daily quests.
These Medals do not count for the daily 2k cap, so I end up playing longer.

imo, those that say they want 3x medals I'm sure that they're capable of doing higher endgame nm4 maps and thus getting more medals. But how about those at the lower end? This is where having a daily 8 hours would be better. If I was capable of finishing bastile inc getting 69 defender medals each game then sure, triple the medals but there's no point tripling when you're doing lower difficulty maps and only get about 40 defenders medals, you gotta think of both ends of the spectrum. 

Thanks for the thoughts gang. What if [[63962,users]] could somehow implement an option weekend system where when you logon for the 1st time for the weekend you can choose whether you want 3x medals or new daily every 8 hours or whatever new system they come up with next month.

[[4370,users]] - how likely is this to do inside DD2? I am NOT asking whether you guys will do it not, merely asking if it is possible in the coding?

@Shadow 1924 quote:

imo, those that say they want 3x medals I'm sure that they're capable of doing higher endgame nm4 maps and thus getting more medals. But how about those at the lower end? This is where having a daily 8 hours would be better. If I was capable of finishing bastile inc getting 69 defender medals each game then sure, triple the medals but there's no point tripling when you're doing lower difficulty maps and only get about 40 defenders medals, you gotta think of both ends of the spectrum. 

You are very much right, but I think that is an issue with the current map medal rewards.

While I understand that there needs to be some reward for getting to higher difficulties and succeeding, I'm not sure that should be through a massive difference in medal accumilation. It really hinders the new players, and those that are playing the game right (not insta leaching to nm4) from getting to enjoy the new characters with the rest of us nm4 players.

@SpiderDanX quote:

Thanks for the thoughts gang. What if Trendyent could somehow implement an option weekend system where when you logon for the 1st time for the weekend you can choose whether you want 3x medals or new daily every 8 hours or whatever new system they come up with next month.

iamisom - how likely is this to do inside DD2? I am NOT asking whether you guys will do it not, merely asking if it is possible in the coding?

Very unlikely. It's setup globally, and to make it individual would be a hefty workload from what I understand.

Triple Medals per wave. The 8 hour dailies were good back with the previous collection. With Triple Medals, 1 NM4 win was 69 medals and that was a lot compared to 45 in nm3 or 15-23 by default. 

If you were smart with your rerolls, you could crush all 3 missions in 1-3 maps no problem. You just needed to log on and play when the 3 jobs were there. 

The current dailies are ill advised to do 8 hour add ons because the current list of dailies take longer to complete now, especially if you roll 7 wins or 5 wins in a specific map set that you weren't too good at. They feel more like Daily added and Multi-Daily completed vs Daily Added and Hourly/Daily Completed. Even the weekly is faster to finish than the Daily (100 ability kills is nothing).

Not to mention there isn't much to do with Defender Medals at this time, especially since I have been playing since Pre-Alpha, so things like purchasing Uber Spheres or Item Boosters when I got 7M Gold is somewhat pointless. I only use the Medals on Pet Candy, I don't really need spare Hero Cards (I have 2 Apprentice and 2 Monks, but I simply just change around strategy, items and SAS for the other 4), but I am gonna put down 12000 on the Gunwitch when released.

1 thing they can do is make it so you can get the Monthly Pets from the old days for Medals, make them cost like 7500-10000 since some powers (like Bearkira or Dragolich) can be game-changing. Or make some skins cost Medals, but either require a larger amount or make some skins only cost Gems if you are so desperate for profit.

So it seems 3x medals are best for your average NM4 player, and possibly other NM players as well depending on the medal drop rates for lower NM levels, and of course player activity.

Dailys, even in their current obnoxious state, are better for casuals and lower ipwr players, as well as the super hardcores who can farm for 12+ hours a day in order to reach the cap without a boost.

So as far as which one is better overall for the community would depend on a bunch of player data that only trendy has access to. 

So im sticking to my original point of view, freedom to play however you wish trumps a slightly higher medal count.

i want the old 8 hour daily back the new ones are boring as hell repeat the same map 5 times the the old ones were great 3 missions a day meant 3 re rolls im sure i was getting over 200 DM for some of the missions x that by 3 thats 600 DM in a day  the current daily you get 1 re roll if you get low you have to wait 24 hours to re roll and if its a complete 3 of any map then youll only be able to play 2 maps that day if you want a chance at more medals pls the old 3x daily was WAY better bring it back  

8 hour dallies will probably be better than triple medals if it was with the old daily system, but with the current daily system you'll spend more time doing dailies than playing how you want lol.

i think you should have both 3x daily during the week and 3x DM on the weekend i think mixing it up is better than just keeping it one way

With the objectives on the Daily Card as they are, mixing both isn't a good idea, especially if you get slammed by 7 wins that spread out across different categories.