So why are the new chars so op?

Well I recently came back to the game with a friend, I made a abyss lord him a ev. Once we started going I quickly realized that these new chars are brokenly op & I was wondering why? I mean there's absolutely no way the devs didn't know that these characters were stronger then the base ones, I mean we did nm4 when we where lvl 46, something that shouldn't be possible. And so I make this post asking if there's a real reason why or if it's just the devs being silly trying to get people to buy the new strong chars.

I am so sick of the current state of Monk LA/Boost Aura, and even squire walls compared to EV2 Proton Beams/Buff Beam and AL Orc walls.  

Even Monk AA is worse then AL archers.

The original four will get their rebalance, but I agree that the Abyss Lord archer passive was set at a silly level and their range and arc of fire is too much.

The EV is just bugged as it has tier5 DCrit at tier1, and was worse when panic fire and press your luck worked both worked.

They just seem very slow at fixing these things or even recognizing it is a major issue.

It took ages for Betsy Boots to be fixed, and there are many other instances of game breaking exploits being allowed to persist for far too long.

Could you imagine their sales if they were underpowered? People would feel like they got ripped off, which would hurt the game even more than the fact that you have to spend gems/medals on them in the first place.

@CyBer Sh0t* quote:

Because Trendy needs to make money I guess

This.

Any game that releases new Classes/Heroes/Content for a real money price $$, the new stuff needs to be better than the old to drive up sales. If you don't feel you Need to buy it, players won't. Then after the hype/spike is declining, balance patches should follow.

Wait until we see the new GunWitch in ILVL 795 gear. I'm sure it will be stupid OP for awhile.

Thats just the way it works.

i was queued in a game where level 46 AL and Ev built nm4 ramparts inc.

I realized the game felt like how it was during harbinger's patch...

Building nm4 inc during harbinger's patch with good gear felt the same as level 40+s building nm4 inc nowadays. That's how strong op it is.

The problem I find with the game now is that is 99.9% oriented around whether or not you have an AL and/or EV building towers. If the answer to both these questions is yes, then you have everything you need to steamroll or even AFK nm4. It isn't absolutely necessary, but it does make things 50x easier to handle NM4. Plus, Youtubers and Streamers who stream/record DD2 gameplay quite often show off these 2 guys as their prominent builders when doing everything, especially the new Bastille incursion. With them in your builder lineup, it isn't unheard of to have 60-120 seconds left when you finish Wave 5.

However, a glitch in the game is preventing some people from laying EV2 nodes down, even if controls are defaulted or you nuke your options. But even with it working, Proton Beams and Reflect Beams in some cases can pretty much handle anything with enough attack stats. Even without attack upgrades, you can do things like put them on Blaze Balloons alongside Frostbites to keep them in the fires and liquefy enemies (I do this with great effect). Plus, these Proton Beams can be upgraded to have a 6% chance to freeze anything in their network solid. Using Big Boy and enough Proton Beam upgrades, you can easily make an EV2 outdps a Huntress. Big Boy alone can not only thwart entire rushes, but they can cripple boss enemies royally, especially if you use Dragolich or you lock a boss down with Bearkira.

All of the Abyss Lord's towers are just as overpowered, especially Archers as they can get 14-15k DPS per upgrade once you get NM4 items going. The only weaknesses they have is they need line of sight firing (the arrows do 0 on walls), they cannot help the one behind them with their targeting and they need to be spots where not even Ogre buttslams or air can attack them as they usually go down in 1 hit. Ramsters can almost stun lock with the help of drenched and Lightning auras, but even these aren't 100% reliable. Their walls cost extra and block less space, but they surpass the HP stat of the original 4 walls. A Colossi with enough HP stats can solo even an NM4 Ogre without needing repairs or function as 2 walls when needed. For DPS, they are so-so against bosses but they turn traffic lanes to black mist in seconds. 

You can still use the original 4 heroes to do NM4 and it is very possible to do so, but it can be quite difficult for some, especially for players who like Monks (probably the worst of the  4 for DPS and doesn't have an Incursion weapon released). Hell, I beat Bastille with a friend of mine with 15 seconds left and we barely used AL towers (5 archers and about 3 Ramsters at the core, the rest was original 4 with Flamethrowers/Blaze Balloons at the farthest spawns with Serenity at all locations) and we didn't have any EV nodes.

My only fear with this Power Up patch being released is that we will not get any real challenge until the Enemy and/or Strategic Revamp, NM5 becomes reality or they make more challenging Incursions/Challenges, or the Gunwitch makes the DPS capabilities of everyone look like they are all carrying wooden swords and pea shooters. Or at the very least, they should:

- Nerf Archers. Either damage reduction or rate of fire reduction. Make it like 3.00 seconds or more. Or make the DU cost 60-80. You are essentially paying 20 DU to cover 1 side

- Make it so Ramsters have a chance to inflict Drench on hit or enemies can only be drenched once every X seconds to keep stunlocks

- Nerf Proton Beams. Use them for slowing more than actually dishing damage, almost like an alternative choice to the Frostbite.