Sign in to follow this  
DarylK

Series EV, Can't place towers

I just recently unlocked the Series EV 2 and cant place any towers, when i press the left click to begin placement i then move and place the next node of the tower, this then shows up as : press ([no key]) to Finish tower placement. I've looked through the key bindings but dont see any keys for binding the button to confirm the tower placement and i've tried hitting every key on the keyboard to see if its just a display bug but it appears that i have an un-binded key and cant see it or its not present in the options to change it.

Can anyone provide any help on the issue? thanks!

This has been a tricky issue lately.  You're going to want to start by going to your 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\UDKGame\Config

folder with the game closed and delete all the files starting with UDK.

Restart DD2 and post back if it fixed the problem for you.

@Furied quote:

This has been a tricky issue lately.  You're going to want to start by going to your 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\UDKGame\Config

folder with the game closed and delete all the files starting with UDK.

Restart DD2 and post back if it fixed the problem for you.

I will have to try that. What I have done in the meantime is to bind the "activate" button to my insert key on the keyboard. Mainly because I find it funny to see "Insert" on chests, etc. it is like I need to insert a coin or something to open the chest and enter shops, etc. 

Anyway, after I bind activation to insert, I can use insert for opening chests, shops, etc. however, when p,aging EV nodes, I still have to press E button.  This has been working like a charm and I have been on multiple days, multiple times on multiple maps. Quick fix for now. Hope this helps if you have not tried what furied suggested yet.

Just hit 'default' in the key bindings and you are done ... allready mentioned more than 3 times here in the forums  skeleton.png

@opfer quote:

Just hit 'default' in the key bindings and you are done ... allready mentioned more than 3 times here in the forums  skeleton.png

It does not work for everyone so it could be mentioned over 9000 times and it wouldn't of helped.

I myself nuked my options and did the defaults and I still couldn't get it working. It is not only the assignment, but it is something behind the scenes that is also causing it.

They will probably fix it next patch or something.

@ChrisH36 quote:

I myself nuked my options and did the defaults and I still couldn't get it working. It is not only the assignment, but it is something behind the scenes that is also causing it.

If a settings reset didn't fix it then the program failed to save your settings, which can happen for numerous reasons.  It won't change with a patch, its a problem with residual settings not being changed.  The problem is with your computer, not the game or its servers.

@Furied quote:

@ChrisH36 quote:

If a settings reset didn't fix it then the program failed to save your settings, which can happen for numerous reasons.  It won't change with a patch, its a problem with residual settings not being changed.  The problem is with your computer, not the game or its servers.

Nope. That might not be it at all.

He probably did the reset in-game which will NOT fix the EV issue.

You have to do the reset from the main screen before you log into play to be able to reset the stupid control properly.

A fix someone told me the other day was to tick "use controller" and then use your keyboard like normal. The confirmation key will be the same as the defense selection key. Though, this makes placing towers a pain (rotate with wasd) so you'll want to untick it when trying to place towers. Auras/traps/nodes are all fine. Walls probably wouldn't be too bad either.

Edit:  If that doesn't work, you can still place nodes, you'd just need to place the max number, which is obviously not ideal or even workable in some scenarios.

One of the many threads asking this question: EV2 beam placement bug

I posted a solution that worked for me, and it seemed to work for some others that couldn't get it to work from a regular reset.

I think there was a Japanese player asking about it at the end as well? If anyone wants to be a good citizen and translate, he might appreciate it.