Sign in to follow this  
CyBer Sh0t*

The inactivity timer is so annoying

The inactivity timer is too short, especially for onslaught. I cannot even have a meal or shower or I will get disconnected. I know I can use a auto clicker but it does not work if I want to alt tab and do other things while afking in an onslaught. I think the inactivity timer should be removed.

I disagree I think it is far too long, all these people sitting in taverns after completing a map and going AFK, it should kick back to the hub after 60 seconds of inactivity.

Use a simple autohotkey macro for onslaught works a treat

@Fozzie quote:

I disagree I think it is far too long, all these people sitting in taverns after completing a map and going AFK, it should kick back to the hub after 60 seconds of inactivity.

Use a simple autohotkey macro for onslaught works a treat

Why  am I supposed to download an external program to play this game? Also, if I need to do other things with my computer, I need to get back to the game and press a key every few minutes. Sometimes when I forget to do this, my onslaught game is ruined and I needed to start from wave one again.

Why do you need to do other things while playing?
Yes i know onslaught is the best place to farm gear and it's not challenging enough, but honestly, if you complain about not being able to afk, then simply don't play.

I agree with Fozzie, the timer should be shorter than it is now if anything, absolutely not longer.

@DKperfection quote:

Because there isn't any difference between afking or not afking and onslaught can take over 24 hours to finish

Am I supposed  not to sleep and finish the game or the game supposes me to give up when I need to sleep?

Onslaught provides no benefit beyond wave 15, so playing it for longer just isn't beneficial. It seems like legendary drops go down after 15, and max IPWR gets reached way before that time.

@Fozzie quote:

Onslaught provides no benefit beyond wave 15, so playing it for longer just isn't beneficial. It seems like legendary drops go down after 15, and max IPWR gets reached way before that time.

Wave 15 is already too boring for not afking. Just because it isn't beneficial does not mean I should stop playing after wave 15.

@DKperfection quote:

Yes i know onslaught is the best place to farm gear and it's not challenging enough, but honestly, if you complain about not being able to afk, then simply don't play.

I agree with Fozzie, the timer should be shorter than it is now if anything, absolutely not longer.

I agree. If you don't have time for 15 waves, don't play it. Play an incursion. If those 15 waves are boring, then do something to spice it up. You do not HAVE to use best gear. Play active EV with her Weapon Manufactuer, or Active play Abyss Lord. Or any of the other builds with the 4 main heroes, just with lesser iPWR gear.

As for the timer.....ummm....keep it as is. :-p

Well i kinda side with both ways, but with a few changes.

1. In a battle the timer can be upped. Even i need to sometimes do stuff while i am fighting. Getting a important call or someone on the door which requires quit some time sometimes (if stuff gets delivered).

2. Outside in a lobby (public tavern) it can be shortened to maybe down 2-5 minutes? With that some issues regarding joining an afk lobby would be fixed partially. Not perfectly because it is only a "work around".

3. More goblins, if a player is afk while playing onslaughter, goblins should rain from the sky all over the map at random locations (500 min distance to the core) to spice up the challenge. Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

If it's only for onslaught and your own private game, then sure timer can be longer.

But please, other than that, make it shorter, not longer. Players be joining quick match to AFK on your game, and you don't always have the power to kick them.

Just make it so that whoever creates the map has an option to adjust the AFK timer in a range of say, 60 to 1200 seconds.

And frankly, if you have to be "away" for more than 20 minutes even in a private, solo match then you probably should be logged out.

The AFK Timer is fine. If anything, it should be a tad bit shorter for AFK scrubs in public games who are just there to leech and do nothing. However, the player should be able to decide in game how long AFKs should last and the server should do it in the Taverns.

The reason they have that feature is to prevent people from wasting server resources just sitting there and doing nothing. This becomes a problem if their server is nearing capacity and they need to accept more requests or players. So I can't basically get on because 100-200 jerks are just sitting there, scratching their balls while they either AFK in town, maps or Onslaught.

However, the problem with the Original poster is simple: He is doing ridiculously long tasks off game like showers and eating meals, which obviously take longer than 1-2 minutes and he forgets to alt tab in and make a move.  Then he complains about a system has a logical reason for existing because he wants to do Onslaught for whatever reason with minimal to no work at all? No offense, but if you want to be rewarded for AFK, then why are you even playing DD2?

What you SHOULD be doing is do small tasks like checking a website, watching a short Youtube video or playing a game on a console/handheld like PSP or 3DS while keeping tabs on your game every few minutes (like 2-3). I know because I did AFK Onslaught rounds for my pets before Pet Candy was created and I had no problems as I checked websites and Facebook feeds, then alt tabbed back in and either the Round or Wave was finished. 

Now, I just spend Medals on Pet Candy and I get everything else that Onslaught normally offers in standard play, except Gold Eggs. Onslaught is pretty much dead to me.