Sign in to follow this  
MushroomCake28

Would you mind a gear wipe with the revamp?

With too many players getting to the endgame high iPW too easily because of the easy content (and let's blame again that stupid carnival wheel), introducing new content will be trivial because many players will already be able to clear with top NM4 gears. 

So a gear wipe? Or not?

why u guys always want to wipe?............

why not add new challenge instead of wipe.

just cuz of alpha , u want to always wipe and wipe?

Disregard even thinking about a wipe, its never going to happen.

All the casuals that play this game whenever a new hero comes out or just occasionally, will be absolutely furious.

Honestly, heres a super complex idea that I better no one has ever thought of... raise the level cap & introduce higher lvl gear. I'm sure this will happen down the road eventually

I don't think it's necessary. We just need more maps, harder maps, higher tiers of itempower and some of those monumental and complex maps from DD1 were just the sheer number of DU and Spawning Points blow you away and keep you on your feet. I think that 80%+ of the players who faceroll NM4 now do so thanks to Abyss Lord Archers and EV Protons, so some balancing could help as well.

Ummm, honestly i have been playing alot of public lately and letting others build, and play to there liking. Surprisingly enough id say 80% of every one out there (exception of the dedicated forum members ofc) are having trouble with the current nm4, and alot are failing.  And the ones that don't fail (believe it or not) DPS there ass off. Sooo i think a revamp would hurt the ones having fun with the game more, then some of us who are just waiting for the next thing.

No wipe is require, "just" release a new difficulty with higher Ipwr drops in the strategy revamp and everyone will have to re-gear.

Think of the people who arn't at that level of gear yet though. My group has just hit level 50 after taking a collective break for a few months and we're just about to start tackling nightmare, but only nightmare 1. That'd be very annoying if we had no gear and had to spend time getting it all again. I also couldn't imagine my squire without all his hearty blockade gear.

Personally I think a wipe should only be thought about after we get the hero reworks, gear passive changes, the strategic revamp and any other major "core" changes that might be still be secret. 

Then even after they are all complete we have to weigh up the pros and cons of a wipe. Getting rid of legacy and/or obsolete gear is always good for balance but is it worth the impact it will have on the community?

The "Raise the level cap and Ipwr" suggestion sounds like a good idea at first but really it's just the same effect as wiping and starting again only perceived differently. Increasing the level cap and Ipwr is something that needs to be done correctly to prevent too much power creep but also it's something that should be saved for when the game is released to increase its life.

if they want to kill the game sure do a wipe. What about all the real money people have spent over the last year are they going back and giving us all those gems again? Even then I would want a refund not a pile of gems I bought for carnival, inventory, pets, character slots and skins.

This game is alpha in name only. They are selling a product, releasing new things to buy every money and have advertised they were not wiping again. If they wiped they would need to refund and the game couldnt survive that financial hit. 

Leveling in this game is boring, people will grind and then grind the fastest way to the highest content gear. Instead of discussing what temporary ways we can get players to regrind what they have done they need to focus on the fact that end game is the game they need to sustain and keep pumping out content if they want us to spend money in game.

@stuffymonster quote:

if they want to kill the game sure do a wipe. What about all the real money people have spent over the last year are they going back and giving us all those gems again? Even then I would want a refund not a pile of gems I bought for carnival, inventory, pets, character slots and skins.

This game is alpha in name only. They are selling a product, releasing new things to buy every money and have advertised they were not wiping again. If they wiped they would need to refund and the game couldnt survive that financial hit. 

Leveling in this game is boring, people will grind and then grind the fastest way to the highest content gear. Instead of discussing what temporary ways we can get players to regrind what they have done they need to focus on the fact that end game is the game they need to sustain and keep pumping out content if they want us to spend money in game.

They have advertised they are not wiping again unless necessary but it is still a possibility. Also people are only suggesting a gear wipe not a full blown profile wipe.

Should a full profile wipe occur again then I'd assume it'd be like Wipeageddon where you would be refunded all the gems attached to your profile to spend again as you'd wish and all other unlocks would be back in the mailbox ready to claim again. You will never be refunded any money since you made the purchase and it is still being honored, you are not losing any premium content.

I 100% agree that end game is where Trendy need to look and improve and based on what I've seen/read in the dev logs and dev streams they too are aware of it.

So what would a gear wipe only accomplish? Hardcore would grind out back to nm4 in a day, carry people back up they play with and within a week or two at the most we would be back where we are. 

They arent changing the maps, we all know the builds that work effectively and loot 2.0 will make it faster then it was the first time around.

I like what they are doing with incursions as the stop gap for getting 750 ilvl gear. After they have a incursion for each gear slot they need to make end game content geared at those with full 750 minimum. This would add another tier to the current game without a arbitrary level cap increase or gear wipe that just pushes our end game content problem out a few weeks until everyone regears

A gear only wipe right now? Not alot which is why it would be quite pointless but after the hero revamps, passive gear changes, set bonuses are introduced and the strategic revamp is complete then a gear wipe might be a good idea to get everyone off legacy gear. 

@Zkurcrow quote:

Ummm, honestly i have been playing alot of public lately and letting others build, and play to there liking. Surprisingly enough id say 80% of every one out there (exception of the dedicated forum members ofc) are having trouble with the current nm4, and alot are failing.  And the ones that don't fail (believe it or not) DPS there ass off. Sooo i think a revamp would hurt the ones having fun with the game more, then some of us who are just waiting for the next thing.

Let them look up guides for nightmare 4, the hardest mode should be nerve rekning and difficult.

If they have problems without AL or EV they should look up a guide. Im answering alot of questions newer players have when they join impacts teamspeak server Impact.teamspeak.de and they manage to progress without any problems, if they do I offer to join them to show my best build!

I will start posting guides on YouTube after revamp.

@Argick quote:

A gear only wipe right now? Not alot which is why it would be quite pointless but after the hero revamps, passive gear changes, set bonuses are introduced and the strategic revamp is complete then a gear wipe might be a good idea to get everyone off legacy gear. 

What legacy gear is even around anymore though? 

Double resist gear.

Betsy staff.(Not really benefiting in any way)

Shield crit chance for hero has started dropping again.

Thats all I can think off. 

Don't really see a huge deal with it other than maybe the resist gear.

Maybe there is something else I cannot think of.

Plus a lot of the old passives are not even working anymore, people have reported.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Argick quote:

What legacy gear is even around anymore though? 

Double resist gear.

Betsy staff.(Not really benefiting in any way)

Shield crit chance for hero has started dropping again.

Thats all I can think off. 

Don't really see a huge deal with it other than maybe the resist gear.

Maybe there is something else I cannot think of.

Plus a lot of the old passives are not even working anymore, people have reported.

Current gear that might become legacy depending on how things change. That's why I'm saying that right now a gear wipe is pointless but it might not be depending on how drastic the future changes are. 

Remember they have announced Set Bonuses and that passives on gear are going to be reworked to be on a specific piece of gear instead of spread over 4 pieces.  All these changes can lead to new legacy gear depending if existing gear is retroactively changed or not.

Well i am always for a wipe to be honest, even a full wipe :d. Goblins love death and rebirth, but don't take away our pet food, gobu.

@dreamanime quote:

Well i am always for a wipe to be honest, even a full wipe :d. Goblins love death and rebirth, but don't take away our pet food, gobu.

So, THAT'S how goblins respawn! Pet food! I'm taking it all away dreamanime! We must put a stop to the Old Ones for good! :-p

@SpiderDanX quote:

@dreamanime quote:

So, THAT'S how goblins respawn! Pet food! I'm taking it all away dreamanime! We must put a stop to the Old Ones for good! :-p

Gobu!!!! You didnt say that!!!

A wipe isnt necessary even if it was useful. Redesigning gear to be more interesting is very important to the longevity of this game. Adding that tho, just requires a level cap increase.  All the new gear would be at lvl 60, bringing everyone back to the basic difficulties.   When/if they finally get the new gear designs launched and finalize the difficulties, they should raise the cap.  They can put higher versions of the current gear they want to keep plus all the new stuff and no one is giving up anything.  

The reality is that a wipe is really nearly the same as bumping the cap up.  You will be back to square one gear wise either way, esp if they added gear as well during a wipe event.  But people are stupid, and the psychology of a bump fools them into thinking its not a wipe and something new and totally different, even tho it does the exact same thing, only adding the level grind in as well as starting over gear wise.

Bottom line, people are dumb and easily manipulated, any decent developer knows this, expect level cap increases, not wipes.

@dreamanime quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

@dreamanime quote:

Gobu!!!! You didnt say that!!!

What? Huh? Ummm..... Quick! Run away! Tactical tetreat! 

@Argick quote:

The thread's title specifies a "gear wipe after the revamp" of course. ;)

To all others wondering what it will accomplish, the thing is that even if a revamp comes out, people geared with NM4 will just jump to the hardest difficulty and reclear everything, skipping through all the new systems. Plus, this will fix the fact that many players have gears they don't deserve (because of wheel and easy gameplay). Even though you don't see many of them in-game, it's probably because many stopped playing and might come back after the revamp. 

If you wipe gear I will lose 1000 hours of gear progress. You are a selfish prick who request a wipe because some got gear through the spinning wheel, not like onslaught is any better, that is actually afk. I deserve my gear and so do others, we played by Trendys rules, even tho the employe that gave a green signal for the wheel spins to cost 2.5k and reward legendaries of top quality on average for 18k gold when you could gather 700k gold an hour with jackpot gear and a dedicated 4 man team in onslaught fishing for horde waves. After generating over 60m gold I find gold to be way to easy to obtain. Lets not forget that the spins for red tickets gave 95% of the time fire works and were totally useless. I'd like to see that employe in a course to learn some logic or get fired.