Sign in to follow this  
Jojozityjo

Trying, so hard ....

to stay with this game, i really am. After what trendy did the dailies, i almost quit, i did, cause there is nothing a casual player can do anymore.

But then i thought .. well .. there is the weekly, i can at least get that done within the time i have to play this game, so i tried. And i realized, the ballista incursion, is bs. You cant win it without going balls to the wall out of your hair to beat that clock. I couldnt beat the stupid thing on NM1, ONE, i rock NM4 all the time, with afk-able prowess. But that time limit, is stupid, there is no time to build, you have to hit G the milisecond you drop in and hope to god you can build beore the mobs get to the crystal, and the only to do that, is with abyss lord, since their towers auto pop up, and even then, it's chancy as hell.

So! I figured, fine, ill see about joining some people cause surely others have done this, cause everyone on this game seems to be some kind of guru ninja gamer or finds some way or another to get it done, cause i just wanna get things done at this point.

Find a room, fail, sigh in expectation cause this incursion is the dumbest thing ever, stick with the group though, immediately hit G, they spend a minute building, if not two, before hitting G, i try to make some chat saying how this incursion sucks, guy thinks im insulting his build .. wtf? so i explain im not insulting his build, if anything, im insulting trendys map ideas, not him or his build, which was pretty decent i thought(ish).

So though the run, which i know we will fail anyway cause of the time to build, he tells me, only upgrade what i tell you to upgrade ... so i was like, well okay, just tell me what to upgrade, he says i did tell you... um. .no he didnt, im looking at my chat, there is nothing there saying what to build, so i let him know, you didnt tell me .. so they kick me ... *sigh* .. wtf?

im .. im done, i just .. this game has gone to hell, so ty trendy, and ty community that sticks around, you both have taken what was suppose to, and use to be, one of the greatest games of all time, and jsut turned it into a rotten steaming pile of crap to play where there is no enjoyment to be had, ever again.

i try .. so hard .. i try to support, i try to stick to it, i try to test things .. but .. i just dont think i can do it anymore, not if the game is just going to be like this from now on ...

This game is far from being the greatest game ever, that was cute.

Sounds like you are just having bad luck. The bonus mission can be done on Insane Incursion btw, try that. There's no thought to it, just place towers at the spawns and profit.

Ya what can I say people suck online with their attitude. Not everyone knows how to build or has a the new characters, but as long as you show general interest in helping and conquering the map it should be a non issue.

Sorry to hear that type of toxicity still goes on.

Anyway the game isn't in the best of state atm, so my advice is to just take a break if need be and wait until match making and the new changes take effect. Which is soon, that may alleviate some of your issues.

it is the greatest game to me, i love tower defense games, and this is like a whole new level of tower defense, i love the art style, the play style, the content, and i still think the game is great, if you're not end game, playing through the current story and such is rather fun, especially if you can do it with friends, and even to an extent, farming end game is fun, but the dailies, and people, i use to go into any random game at all, and people were awesoe, friendly, they chatted, we laughed, had a blast, but now it's like .. all i ever find are a-holes that seem to get thrills out of kicking people for any reason they can find x.x .. may as well just stay solo for life and avoid the in game community at all costs x.x .. even if it gets so drull to play alone sometimes x.x

and i know the games not done, im not stupid that's for sure, dyslexic, but not stupid, but despite it not being done, i still find it to be one of the greatest games, or at least it was, and im hoping, just .. hoping, that by the time the game is officially done, it will have gotten better, which is why im not giving up entirely, im keeping the game installed at the very least and going to be keeping up with updates and viewing the forum from time to time to see if some of the more rediculous changes have been fixed or more stuff, or .. anything, really

"Nothing a casual player can do anymore", the new content that has been released doesn't exactly require a ton of thought or insane gear, the game is all about tower defense, so placing the proper towers the proper places is what makes the difference.

Sure the timer on the newest incursion might add some frustration and might stress people a bit, but thats exactly what this game has needed for years now, so i really don't see how that is a downside and it's by far the best choice trendy have made on gamedesign for quite a while now ;)

But if you really don't like the new incursion, there's still other maps to play and if you're only playing casually, you still have a lot of grinding to do, which IS the core gameplay of this game after all ;)

Yup done that before, sometimes it's just best to take a break from it all and return to the game when it sorts it's crap out.

Like any game you will get the good and the bad, but it sucks you have found the minority of toxic people, trust me when I say this their are still plenty of friendly chatty people out there.

Your issue may be alleviated when the new match making system comes out. At least you can better tell what it is exactly that they want of you when joining and hell you could even make a lobby of your own titled no ***s.

You are right though the game isn't done and still needs alot of work and some of the ideas behind it are so monumentally stupid I'm lost for words.

About the map: I think there should be no core and later on more hero-oriented enemies/assassins.

Until then... if you are burned out you can do what I do: Most of the time I play something else and come back now and then to check the quests.

Once the session browser comes I will try it because I am really curious about it. Once the ignore list comes too I will start to seriously think about public games.

Before the strategic revamp comes I don't even think about playing for more than quests.

If the new map didn't had a time limit, I wouldn't have played for 5 hours last night xD... So yeah, people deal with frustration their own way. 

kinda hard to not play a map when the only objective you have the time to do is that one thing, cause i simply dont have the time for dailies anymore, which is the main reason i play, i got good gear, gear im happy with, so i just keep up with dailies, use to be for the upgrae boosters and affection boosters, as well as medals for new heros and their spheres, but the new dailies ... ugh .. they just take way too, cant do them, hence the "nothing for casual gamers" anymore lol

the weekly i can do, it's been friendly still, but this week it was that new incursion, and just ..ew .. i got it done finally, after dealing with jerkaces and buttwods, just did it solo with my AL hittting G right as the screen loaded, dropped the orcs by the crystal, then kept hitting G as i built up stuff closer to the gates lol

but yeah, aside from weeklies, there is just nothing i as a casual can do really at my point in the game, except go back and help noobie friends level up and gear up when i can, but i really dont have a lot of friends, if any, who like this game like i do, hence why i solo alot, since now, almost all the randoms i run into like to be a-holes and abuse the kick feature lol

so yeah, im just, essentially done, ill pop back online every week for the weekly, as long as it doesnt get ruined, and to see updates, see if things are gettign better yet.

also, KnowsNoLimits, you mention new match making system like it's something actively being worked on now, is it? cause i havent seen anything about the match making system actively being updated as we speak, if so, that would be brutally awesome, this game has needed that for ages lol

i miss dd1, where you could check a list of available matches going on, and pick which one you wanna go into, that was effecient, and awesome lol

@Jojozityjo quote:

also, KnowsNoLimits, you mention new match making system like it's something actively being worked on now, is it? cause i havent seen anything about the match making system actively being updated as we speak, if so, that would be brutally awesome, this game has needed that for ages lol

Info about the upcoming matchmaking system is HERE

@iamisom quote:

Game Browser

A list of all currently active matches happening across all difficulties and modes in the game. Find and filter matches, or create your own match with a fancy name to attract players.

• Developer Comments:  With the Game Browser comes a retuning of the game’s difficulty across the board along with interface updates and better controls for matchmaking, setting up games, and finding game where players are doing the same things you want to do. In the long term, as we develop armor sets and named gear pieces with better set bonuses, we’ll be able to seed loot tables on all the maps while at the same time giving you a way to go fight for those pieces with friends or solo. As with any live game, we’re making many small improvements interconnected with a bigger vision.

[[72087,users]] Yup it's exactly what you think it is and it's out this next patch in July.

h1p3bbt.jpg

I agree this has been needed for along time, it should sort out people's match making issues once and for all.

I miss DD1 features in general.

If they just built upon what worked from DD1 instead of reworking everything, this game would of been amazing.

The game has potential, so I'm just sticking around for the hope of them finally sorting out their ***.

Ive never joined nor hosted a public game on dd2, dd1 taught me to stay away from that nonsense. Nothing but a bunch of 12 year olds who insta kick all day long. Maybe the pc version was different but trying to play with randoms on ps3 was just not possible for me. Good to know things have not changed and randoms are still a-holes simply because they can be.

Well I get you are frustrated with the mode, you can join Tides on this point but looking at the charts this is the first weekend where player numbers have grown, so overall the player base is giving a thumbs up.

I think with the server browser and the Gun Witch we will see a marked jump in numbers.

Match making was always one of the major Achilles heels in this game. 

aww, that system looks cool, im so glad they are actually bring that in, and ty for the picture too KnowsNoLimits, i might actually hop back on to check that out and see how the changes to the original 4 heroes will play out :o

and of course, keep hoping they fix the dailies lol

The dailies doesn't have to be completed each day, they stay as long as you don't complete them, so just complete them in the pace you want. And there's still "plenty" to do if you're playing casually, just play to get gear upgrades, that doesn't have to take longer than 30 min a day.

Simply saying there's nothing to do, just because you don't feel like doing it, is kinda stupid imo.

It's totally fair if you're bored with the game, i won't blame ya, i'm a little tired of it myself, but there's always better gear to get, so there's always something to do ;)

@Jojozityjo quote:

it is the greatest game to me, i love tower defense games, and this is like a whole new level of tower defense, i love the art style, the play style, the content, and i still think the game is great, if you're not end game, playing through the current story and such is rather fun, especially if you can do it with friends, and even to an extent, farming end game is fun, but the dailies, and people, i use to go into any random game at all, and people were awesoe, friendly, they chatted, we laughed, had a blast, but now it's like .. all i ever find are a-holes that seem to get thrills out of kicking people for any reason they can find x.x .. may as well just stay solo for life and avoid the in game community at all costs x.x .. even if it gets so drull to play alone sometimes x.x

and i know the games not done, im not stupid that's for sure, dyslexic, but not stupid, but despite it not being done, i still find it to be one of the greatest games, or at least it was, and im hoping, just .. hoping, that by the time the game is officially done, it will have gotten better, which is why im not giving up entirely, im keeping the game installed at the very least and going to be keeping up with updates and viewing the forum from time to time to see if some of the more rediculous changes have been fixed or more stuff, or .. anything, really

Give impact a try, join our teamspeak server Impact.teamspeak.de 

Im on there when I feel for it and we have some active players there tho the entire core is not playing before revamp.

I would imagine that most of the decent people understand the game is to easy and quit/take a break, no wonder you only meet a holes which actually enjoy easy games and feel more worth than you cus they have better gear.

Got some experience with people like that.

From my point of view impact is a friendly enviroment.

@Jojozityjo quote:

aww, that system looks cool, im so glad they are actually bring that in, and ty for the picture too KnowsNoLimits, i might actually hop back on to check that out and see how the changes to the original 4 heroes will play out :o

and of course, keep hoping they fix the dailies lol

No worries, it's nice to see the original 4 get some love as well. They need it.

Hey it doesn't matter if you are a casual or hardcore player, the new dailies just suck. Simply for the fact that they force you to do something you don't neccesarily want to do. You can't always do them with friends which, helps alleviate the boredom and they aren't challenging in the least to keep you interested.

@DKperfection quote:

The dailies doesn't have to be completed each day, they stay as long as you don't complete them, so just complete them in the pace you want. And there's still "plenty" to do if you're playing casually, just play to get gear upgrades, that doesn't have to take longer than 30 min a day.

Simply saying there's nothing to do, just because you don't feel like doing it, is kinda stupid imo.

It's totally fair if you're bored with the game, i won't blame ya, i'm a little tired of it myself, but there's always better gear to get, so there's always something to do ;)

Dailies need to be completed once per day, hence the name. Sure you can stack them up to 3 times, but doing so is asking for trouble. Doing 2 dailies which requires you to beat 5 different maps is a terrible design. 

Hahaha, no actually farming for gear right now is a waste of your time.

First off loot version 2.0 is already confirmed to not apply to AL and EV2, so getting what you want to drop is alot harder than it should be. Strike one! 

Secondly all your gear will be meaningless soon when passive changes hit and they have been revealed by Trendy to re-roll on your gear to be higher or lower than what you currently have. Strike 2!

Lastly armor set bonus's are coming soon, Strike 3! your out.

So I couldn't in good conscious recommend anyone to farm for the best gear they can right now. Play the game for fun sure, but I wouldn't be trying to min and max your gear just yet.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Hahaha, no actually farming for gear right now is a waste of your time.

First off loot version 2.0 is already confirmed to not apply to AL and EV2, so getting what you want to drop is alot harder than it should be. Strike one! 

Secondly all your gear will be meaningless soon when passive changes hit and they have been revealed by Trendy to re-roll on your gear to be higher or lower than what you currently have. Strike 2!

Lastly armor set bonus's are coming soon, Strike 3! your out.

So I couldn't in good conscious recommend anyone to farm for the best gear they can right now. Play the game for fun sure, but I wouldn't be trying to min and max your gear just yet.

All i see here are good reason to farm gear now, they reroll passives, so just farm tons of gear ;)
I only ever get ***ty passives on my 740+ipwr gear so damn i need to get farming some more before revamp ;)

I also fail to see the "need" to complete dailies each day, simply no reason to if you don't feel like it. And we all know trendy doesn't exactly name their quests to fit the intention ;) *ahem, monthlies completed in 1 day*

@Jojozityjo quote:

Add me on steam man! My name here is the same as steam.

@Jojozityjo quote: And i realized, the ballista incursion, is bs. You cant win it without going balls to the wall out of your hair to beat that clock. I couldnt beat the stupid thing on NM1, ONE, i rock NM4 all the time, with afk-able prowess. But that time limit, is stupid, there is no time to build, you have to hit G the milisecond you drop in and hope to god you can build beore the mobs get to the crystal, and the only to do that, is with abyss lord, since their towers auto pop up, and even then, it's chancy as hell.

... Not sure if serious...

The thing is cake to beat on NM1-3, and only takes losing a few times on NM4 to figure out how to beat it.

You just aren't doing it right.

yeah DKperf, i really cant farm gear, 2 reasons, ive already got good gear that can get me through anything i want to, so i got nothing left ofarm really, except for those pretty much impossible gear drops where it's all legendary and all 5 stats on it are the EXACT 5 stats you want, i never hold my breath for that crap and if i do, i just end up pissed off at every map i do XD

and the second reason ... the gear will be all rerolled soon, so no point in it until they make the change lol

and the point for doing dailies, the medals, i gotta get new heroes somehow lol

but with how they are now, i feel like it's just not worth it x.x

so no heroes, no spheres essentially x.x

and skullbob, yes, i was serious, the maps timing is just way too tight, even with starting the map hitting G right as it loads and dropping orcs to protect the crystal so you can build defenses, you still have a chance to lose cause the mobs spawn so slow, even building right up on the doors, they still take a while to spawn and get out of their protection zone, for those of us who arent guru gaming ninja, that's pretty damn hard to do, even with the best gear lol

as for the rest of you, ill see about adding you if i can find you lol

@Jojozityjo quote:

yeah DKperf, i really cant farm gear, 2 reasons, ive already got good gear that can get me through anything i want to, so i got nothing left ofarm really, except for those pretty much impossible gear drops where it's all legendary and all 5 stats on it are the EXACT 5 stats you want, i never hold my breath for that crap and if i do, i just end up pissed off at every map i do XD

and the second reason ... the gear will be all rerolled soon, so no point in it until they make the change lol

and the point for doing dailies, the medals, i gotta get new heroes somehow lol

but with how they are now, i feel like it's just not worth it x.x

so no heroes, no spheres essentially x.x

and skullbob, yes, i was serious, the maps timing is just way too tight, even with starting the map hitting G right as it loads and dropping orcs to protect the crystal so you can build defenses, you still have a chance to lose cause the mobs spawn so slow, even building right up on the doors, they still take a while to spawn and get out of their protection zone, for those of us who arent guru gaming ninja, that's pretty damn hard to do, even with the best gear lol

as for the rest of you, ill see about adding you if i can find you lol

Im not sure if you joke. Lol.

@Jojozityjo quote:

Again... You aren't doing it right.

Build the map first (All of it) THEN hit G.

yeah i try bulding it all first, but i cant build fast enough to get it done in time, so i have to do it my way, or lose

@Jojozityjo quote:

yeah i try bulding it all first, but i cant build fast enough to get it done in time, so i have to do it my way, or lose

Everyone I know can faceroll the new timed map. Perhaps you should do some research on how to beat it. Grind for AL or EV could be a option too and in 2 weeks or so all the starter heroes will get a buff, wait for that and stop the whine on the forums, so annoying. What do you expect?? The games hardest difficulty to adjust to you??? Step up your game and do your research dont lie down and be destructivly lazy!

wow sozi, why dont you just stfu and go be a-hole somewhere else, take your elitist attitude elsewhere, im not really here to whine, just voice my opinion and make some convo about a game im following and enjoy

did i make a post asking for help? no i dang well didnt, i didnt even make this thread to talk about the new incursion, just how things in general, are kinda crap right now, my main point was, people like you making this game suck, try to have some fun with other players but people like you have to be all "Ahurhurhur, im a god, i got no life, so i rape video games for a living, everyone else sucks and ima kick you and ruin the game for you. Hurhurhur" <.<

i just made convo for fellow casual players to come and chat, not for elitist a-holes to come acting like they are god.

people like you ruin this games community and will run trendy into the ground cause people like you run off all their players with your attitude.