Sign in to follow this  
Shadow 1924

Trendy, can you confirm if there is 3x defender medals on PS4?

its the weekend event, its been this way on pc this month as well. it replaces the three daily weekend event

Why would you rather have 3 dailys? In their current state 3 dailys would be an absolute nightmare. You would have to spend half your day playing random maps. With x3 medals I can run my incursions, which I actually want to run, and get 60 something medals a run. More fun cuz your doing whatever you want to do, and there is the potential of earning far more medals, its win win.

@Pizzaface quote:

Why would you rather have 3 dailys? In their current state 3 dailys would be an absolute nightmare. You would have to spend half your day playing random maps. With x3 medals I can run my incursions, which I actually want to run, and get 60 something medals a run. More fun cuz your doing whatever you want to do, and there is the potential of earning far more medals, its win win.

Maybe this is right for you, but for someone, who is still at an easy difficulty, he will get like 15 medals a match, so he would need much more to get the same amount as he gets from a daily mission, for which you only have to play like 3-7 maps regardless of the difficulty

@Pizzaface quote:

I logged in last night with 3 dailies asking me to kill bosses. Went on Harbinger Campaign Easy killed the boss in 4 hits, did that for about 15 minutes and boom I got the easiest 900+ medals ever. This is typically what I do now for the dailies cause usually they want me to play maps I don't actually want to play.

Well, as someone else mentioned, dailys are more appealing to undergeared or low lvl players. The x3 medals are better for geared NM4 players as it allows you to earn medals while still getting drops.

Wasnt aware those kind of dailys even existed anymore, I have seen nothing but beat x map x amount of times, which are very time consuming. Must be some crazy bug or good rng for all 3 to be about killing bosses. Im pretty sure the majority of players are not recieving kill boss dailys, much less 3 at a time, so that really is not a good argument in favor of dailys as most will take far longer than that to complete.

With x3 medals and good gear you can earn 400-500 an hour doing something like bastille (uber geared people maybe even more) and reach your cap on medals while still having the possibility of getting 750 ipwr gear.

That sounds far more appealing than spending hours playing random maps with no gear upgrades. Maybe once they lower the completion numbers to 1-2 instead of 3-5 then they could be better than x3 medals for people who dont have much play time, but currently they are just to time consuming for end game players to bother with. My opinion anyways.

One of the new dailies is to clear X boss maps.  So, harbinger or wyvern den.  Getting three of them at a time would be a stretch of good luck, but they are significantly quicker to clear.

Ah ok, so it was just crazy good luck. Normal dailys will not be completed anywhere near that time, so 3 a day would be a weekend from hell unless you lucked out on good ones.

To be fair even the complete x type of maps ones are not really that time consuming if you are willing to just drop the difficulty to campaign easy and just throw a few towers down and afk. I would rather the dailies give increased drop chance for higher rarity items when you complete those maps at increasingly higher difficulties, just like they do when you first complete 5 different maps currently. Maybe make it so they dailies available to you are based on your overall item power progression. So instead of getting complete x map (dragonfall bazaar ect) you get complete x map (bastille or unholy catacombs). This makes it so end game players are not forced to complete content that is not beneficial. Doing a daily other than beat X boss specifically just to get medals is not motivational since you are wasting time that could be spent actually progressing your characters. This is why Diablo 3 is so popular because although it is repetitive it always gives players a sense of progression. Not on the same level as say Path of Exile, but it does always make you feel like you are actually accomplishing something. The fact that you can get medals just from playing maps means people will just do the maps that will give them better gear, and if they get a daily for the area then its a bonus. Some would probably argue that going out of your way to complete these dailies (specifically the beat x map ones) is beneficial simply because they give you medals. If you have no medals at all that would be true, or if you need the medals to get large spheres or an under-powered uber sphere you can get that to. But when you got all the skill spheres for EV2 and Abyss Lord you are only farming medals to unlock a future character. When getting medals is not your primary focus there is no motivation to do time consuming dailies as you will get them over time anyways just doing content that has the potential to be rewarding.

Eventually a new character will be released, we will spend every single medal we have just to get them, then be forced to do dailies we don't want to do just to get their large spheres.

As a side note, maybe add dailies related to hero skills. Use provoke 100 times, do 100m hero damage, recover 100k hp through x class healing skill, ect. Likewise increase medal cap to a minimum of 17k, making it possible to save 12k for a new hero and have 5000 to get an uber or skill spheres for the new character they want to unlock. I don't understand why the cap is 12k and new hero's also cost 12k.

@dwrowla quote:

To be fair even the complete x type of maps ones are not really that time consuming if you are willing to just drop the difficulty to campaign easy and just throw a few towers down and afk. I would rather the dailies give increased drop chance for higher rarity items when you complete those maps at increasingly higher difficulties, just like they do when you first complete 5 different maps currently. Maybe make it so they dailies available to you are based on your overall item power progression. So instead of getting complete x map (dragonfall bazaar ect) you get complete x map (bastille or unholy catacombs). This makes it so end game players are not forced to complete content that is not beneficial. Doing a daily other than beat X boss specifically just to get medals is not motivational since you are wasting time that could be spent actually progressing your characters. This is why Diablo 3 is so popular because although it is repetitive it always gives players a sense of progression. Not on the same level as say Path of Exile, but it does always make you feel like you are actually accomplishing something. The fact that you can get medals just from playing maps means people will just do the maps that will give them better gear, and if they get a daily for the area then its a bonus. Some would probably argue that going out of your way to complete these dailies (specifically the beat x map ones) is beneficial simply because they give you medals. If you have no medals at all that would be true, or if you need the medals to get large spheres or an under-powered uber sphere you can get that to. But when you got all the skill spheres for EV2 and Abyss Lord you are only farming medals to unlock a future character. When getting medals is not your primary focus there is no motivation to do time consuming dailies as you will get them over time anyways just doing content that has the potential to be rewarding.

Eventually a new character will be released, we will spend every single medal we have just to get them, then be forced to do dailies we don't want to do just to get their large spheres.

As a side note, maybe add dailies related to hero skills. Use provoke 100 times, do 100m hero damage, recover 100k hp through x class healing skill, ect. Likewise increase medal cap to a minimum of 17k, making it possible to save 12k for a new hero and have 5000 to get an uber or skill spheres for the new character they want to unlock. I don't understand why the cap is 12k and new hero's also cost 12k.

Well said