Give indication that a map has special loot.

This will obviously not benefit those who hang around the forums and follow dev streams and whatnot. But you have to know that not all of your players do this. 

Currently there is no indication that incursions/soon to be challenges provide special weapons and armor pieces. Farming this high level loot is the end game, so people not knowing about it could effect how long they stick around and/or if they recommend it to a friend. They may randomly try an incursion but there is no indication that the cool weapon they got was tied to that map, or that there is the chance for getting 750 ipwr armor. So they may overlook these as just harder versions of the normal maps.

Probably not a huge deal, but it seems simple enough to add a little popup on the map select screen showing the name of the weapon and what class its for, and other drops like 750 ipwr armors.  As you make more and more challenges or move items around to drop on specific maps it would be nice for new players to know what they should be doing.  

It appears right when u get logged in, it pop ups a window with that information at least since Bling King inclusion

@TarguHD quote:

It appears right when u get logged in, it pop ups a window with that information at least since Bling King inclusion

That is just a popup for the most recent update advertising new maps and characters. Im talking about something to show where all the special loot is, not just the newest.

This is on our roadmap! We have plans for a Loot Browser that would show you where you can find different pieces of unique loot.

@iamisom quote:

This is on our roadmap! We have plans for a Loot Browser that would show you where you can find different pieces of unique loot.

Somthing we should think about: Should the special loot be revealed from the very beginning or should the icon be unlocked after we obtained the first drop? ^^

@iamisom quote:

Oh how I salivate at the thought of getting a sneak peak at your roadmap. I would love to see what is in store for DD2 :) It's definitely currently my favorite game.

[[4370,users]]

Good to know that this is already in the works!

[[12589,users]]

As far as waiting to show the icon untill we have unlocked it, I am not sure about that. The point of having an indicator would be to let people know that these things exist before they think there is nothing to do past lvl 50 and/or getting generic NM4 gear.

If you mean letting us know a map has special gear but not revealing exactly what it is untill after we get it then that would be cool. It would still serve its purpose of directing people to the end game while leaving a little surprise and anticipation, at least for those who dont frequent the forums lol.

@iamisom quote:

Love this idea. Thanks TE

@Pizzaface quote:

If you mean letting us know a map has special gear but not revealing exactly what it is untill after we get it then that would be cool. It would still serve its purpose of directing people to the end game while leaving a little surprise and anticipation, at least for those who dont frequent the forums lol.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking about. At first there could be something like a '?' and after we have beaten the map and received the special loot for the first time (no matter on which difficulty) it is unlocked on the indicator. Of course there will soon be infos on the wiki etc. so people just need to look there - but I think it would be a nice addition.